Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Monsterfaces (Monsterwax)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Monsterfaces (Monsterwax)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Finally broke down my box. Excellent production values, as usual with Kurt's offerings!

This set features artwork by Frank Russo, with (you guessed it) monster faces on the card fronts, and comic images on the card backs. Some of the images and text are adult-oriented.

The set was produced in 2007, but cards and packaging show the 2006 copyright date of the artwork.

36 packs of 6 cards supplied 216 cards, which would have produced exactly three complete sets if collation were perfect, but I only got one complete set and was three short of a second. A total of 166 boxes were produced.

Special cards included:

- A Frank Russo Auto Sketch card

- Actual Artist DNA card (a strand of hair for mine)

- A winning Prize Redemption card (mine was the "common" prize, but possibilities are:

.... Frank Russo Comic Book [142]
.... "Spook House" from MF Toys [12]
.... Monsterfaces T-Shirt [8]
.... Original Monsterfaces Painting [4]

- Box-bottom "card" (integral with box)

Rather cool!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: allender,

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
A total of 166 boxes were produced

Seems like decent odds for a rare redemption.

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
Broke down box #22 of 166 Saturday May 26, 2007

3 partial sets
2 missing one card #46
1 missing 4 cards #37, 38, 40 and you guessed it #46
A1 - Comic book redemption card
A2 - DNA card Strand of Hair
P1
P2
Autograph Sketch Card
Press Plate for card # 37 OldGhoul
(Kinda neat since I like Old School Hot Rods!)
6 duplicate cards (#8,9,10,12,13,& 35)
The wrappers are paper almost like the Wax packs of old and held together with tape.
Easy to open and display with the set.
Nice display box

I dont really consider the card on the bottom of the box as a card. Its blank backed and part of the box. Nice artwork on the box

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I recently received a box and it broke down as follows:-
2 complete sets
1 partial set (missing cards,2, 4,8,10,14,16,20,22,26,28,32,34)
A1 - Comic book redemption card
A2 - DNA card Strand of Hair
P1
P2
Autograph Sketch Card
Press Plate for card # 59 Fizz

Kurt also included some freebie cards, one of which was a No 8 Monsterfaces card so I was only 11 short of a third set.

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
Kurt honored his guarantee and swapped out the cards I was missing so now I have 3 complete sets. Its a pleasure doing business with such a dedicated collector. Thanks

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of starfleetbeat
posted Hide Post
Got an email form Monsterwax that they are selling Monsterfaces boxes with YOUR personally designed sketchcards inserted in a sealed pack!

http://www.monsterwax.com/sketchoffer.html

Posts: 127 | Location: new york | Registered: September 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of monsterwax
posted Hide Post
Just an update on those: I've gotten the first batch back from Frank so we're hoping to get most of them out in the mail in time for Christmas. Happy Holidays everyone!

Posts: 404 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: April 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post