Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Family Guy: Season 2 (Inkworks)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Family Guy: Season 2 (Inkworks)
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Recently bought a couple of boxes. Just the highlights.

Box 1: Sketch Nar 286/374 Stewie head, meh.

Box 2: Auto, Wally Wingert. Sketch, James Rogovoy 180/510 Fidel Castro, With his cigar and swim trunks.

Posts: 116 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
I just bought a real cheap box i found on a BIN on ebay. I dont collect family guy, but figured i couldnt get hurt on it. I didnt pull an auto, but pulled two sketchs!!!! Whats more, they are both full color! (i also didnt get a life of brian card, odd).

Sketch 1. Rich Koslowski 419/487 Handsome Peter

and the best, last pack
Sketch 2. Tone Rodriguez Stewie Threating with...uh...**** lol 253/512

probably the best 30 bucks ive ever spent on a box!

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
What an excellent box! That Stewie sketch card is great!

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
thank ya. well, thats odd. i got censored somehow for writing the words that appear on the sketch...but the sketch is untouched, is that just a softwear feature?

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
i think it may have to do with the fact that the scan is an image whilst what got censored was text.

Posts: 3251 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well nice pulls everybody. Looks like I'm a little late to this thread but I'd like to make an addition.

Just pulled this out of a box the other day....

Posts: 18 | Location: Maryland | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
i would imagine people are trying to get ahold of you from this post lol. great pull!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
Can't imagine how much this card would sell if it ever appears on ebay

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! It's the perfect time to pull that Star Wars sketch card. Well done! Clap

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just opened a box:

- 3 Family Tree inserts (FT1, FT2, FT9)
- 1 Life of Brian insert (LB5)
- 1 Box loader (BL1)
- 1 Autograph (Faith Ford as voice of Quirky)
- 1 Sketch by James Rogovoy #289/510 of Ollie Williams, the news weatherman =)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Booker,

Posts: 283 | Location: San Jose, USA | Registered: September 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok I just got done opening another 2 cases and had 2 nice pulls. Both Tone Rodriguez...... Could someone please help me with who Stuey is supposed to be. Looks cool but have no clue who it is of...... Thanks and enjoy. ~Josh

Posts: 18 | Location: Maryland | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Two outstanding cards! Uncle Allen had a scan of that Justice League sketch at the Philly show prior to the cards being released, I always wondered what became of it! I believe the second sketch is Stewie as Commander Arcturus Rann, leader of the Micronauts! I may not have his name spelled correctly, but I'm fairly certain that is who it is. Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MadCow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jschl93994:
Ok I just got done opening another 2 cases and had 2 nice pulls. Both Tone Rodriguez...... Could someone please help me with who Stuey is supposed to be. Looks cool but have no clue who it is of...... Thanks and enjoy. ~Josh

WOW, amazing pulls! Where are you still finding sealed cases? I have a single box on the way and hope I get a nice sketch...

Posts: 134 | Location: Lakewood, NJ | Registered: March 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
hmm...the-dont-ask-dont-tell justice league it seems.

posted Hide Post
OK I just got done opening a few more cases......... I have a few that look cool but I have NO IDEA who/what they are supposed to be. Please help me out, and thanks for looking again. ~Josh

posted Hide Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
The top one is just them busting through the card, sort of a silver age marvel-esque 'Comein ATCHA!' thing. The secound one is some anime thing , ive seen the image but not sure as to its exact origin, its older. it might be from ROck and Rule...The third one is a send up of "the facts of life" i belive, the mindy cohen character from early on in the show, pre Jo days. The next one is for evilThreads, a start up line of clothing for early 20s goth-sub culture and SM types, that one is basically an advertisement for the brand, kinda funny inkworks would allow that to be on an offical product sketchcard, it would be like them having a sketch with "gatorade" on the side, and him saying "it has electolytes your body craves" on a sketch LOL.. and the last one is a take off of the terrence stamp character "general zod" from Superman 2 (the best of them all)...when he confronts what he thinks to be a de-powered superman in the fortress of solitude..."KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!"...hope that helps.

posted Hide Post
Thanks for your help zham. I'm happy there are smart members like you to help dummies like me =)

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
oh, trust me brother, its not smarts. Had i been 'smart', i would not waste memory retention like that on pretty useless data like ive just displayed here...little more calculus, little less "facts of life"...

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
I think the 3rd one down of the freckled girl is actually from an episode where it shows a quick "flashback" of Peter asking a girl out at his school. He has a nervous tic and the last one he has he slaps the girl into her locker, caving it in. I'll try to remember the episode...

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post