Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Dexter (Breygent Marketing)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dexter (Breygent Marketing)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I got my box and binder set that I bought today. Had no expectations as this was my first Brygent purchase ever, but I was pleased with my results.

DA8 Erik King as Lt Doakes
DC15 Laguerta Jacket
DC16 Laguerta Jacket
DD1
DT4
DS2
DR4
DK2
DB5
DG1

Pretty happy with my pulls. I liked Doakes, and wanted an auo, so I am pretty pleased with my results.

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Scans of the Dexter variants and limited SDCC cards [IMG:left] [/IMG][IMG:left] [/IMG]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: beamer,

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tragicend
posted Hide Post
i bought a case few days ago and got nothin spectacular except a few nice variants. anyhow, i bought a random box off ebay and pulled a Michael Hall autograph!! so excited right now

Posts: 258 | Location: Homer Glen, IL | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
one box for me
1 costume card DC12 TIE
DR3
DT2
DS2
DK2
DG1
DB3
Real nice cards, shame just the 1 hit but its a tie so there cant be that many of them lol

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of rubadub001
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have an extra DC8 Debra Police Uniform Costume Card? Shoot me a note! Thanks!

Looking for the regular one thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rubadub001,

Check out my Trade List Apr 16.09: http://nonsportupdate.infopop....&r=37010938#37010938

Posts: 654 | Location: Toronto, ON, Canada | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Are you talking about the regular one or the patch variant?

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
If you have a spare patch variant Beamer, just let me know! I am sure we can work it out Wink

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Beamer, on that scan of the the variant patch card what is the number out of 15 on yours? I pulled #1 of 15 and it is almost identical to your scan and definitely from the exact same part of the patch. The only difference is mine is shifted a bit to the left so you can barely see the top of the A and can see the front edge of the letter E after the D in the word DADE. Top and bottom are spaced the same.

I am wondering if Breygent used multiple patches for the variant card. Maybe Tom has some insight?

On another note, when I broke my case several weeks ago I got 2 of the 3 SDCC costume cards that weren's supposed to be in there!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 015omega,

Posts: 2 | Location: Washington state | Registered: August 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
My Debra Morgan patch is #2 of 15. And I will speak to Breygent and find out if only one patch was cut up for this card. Can you post a scan or email me a scan of your card? I would like to see it next to mine. Thanks!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
Pulled this beauty from my SDCC box

Also, I got the Astor and the Rita costume card. The Astor card is a little bent, so I'll be emailing Tom about that. Gotta say, I'm floored by the sketch card. I loved opening this box.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jane:
Pulled this beauty from my SDCC box

Wow, you can say that again. That is the kind of sketch I can really appreciate. You lucked out big time. Thumb Up

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Great looking sketch you got there Jane Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
Hi Jane,

amazing sketch you got there! It's a wonderful piece done by David Desbois. David is besides a talented artist also a real nice guy. Everyone should check out his work, he's got a site on DeviantART (shameless plug here Wink )

I just bought one of his Artist Return Cards which I will show of when I got in in hand. Big Grin

He only did 27 sketches so congratz on the great pull!

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ocdlotr
posted Hide Post
...have to agree...great sketch by David D...and I was also lucky enough to be able to add a DeBois Artist Return sketch to my DEXTER collection...will post a pic when it arrives!

Also, one of the "Z" hotel prop cards just sold on Ebay for $511...WOW! Eek

...and lastly, has anyone seen a Trev Murphy sketch card pop up anywhere? Confused

Posts: 216 | Location: New York | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone. The thing is, my scan doesn't even capture all the detail of the sketch. It looks like a photograph, it's so detailed.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
Hi Ocdlotr, so you bought the 'Bad Dexter' return card from David D. Would love to see a HQ pic when it arrives! I got it from a reliable source that it shipped to you this Friday Wink

And no, I haven't seen a Trev Murphy sketch card yet. It's the only one of the 7 artists who paticipated in the SDCC set that hasn't shown up on the bay. The Hall sketches are also quite rare.

Picture of ocdlotr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MvG:
Hi Ocdlotr, so you bought the 'Bad Dexter' return card from David D. Would love to see a HQ pic when it arrives! I got it from a reliable source that it shipped to you this Friday Wink

And no, I haven't seen a Trev Murphy sketch card yet. It's the only one of the 7 artists who paticipated in the SDCC set that hasn't shown up on the bay. The Hall sketches are also quite rare.

Congrats on that beautifully painted DEBRA...!
...will post a scan when David's BAD DEXTER arrives... Thumb Up

Charles Hall has a few returns up on Ebay now...luckily I was able to pick up a 3/4 profile DEX from him also... Bouncey

...AND a nicely illustrated Kevin Graham return as well... Metal

...would love to track down an elusive Trev Murphy...alas, I think that's one artist that will remain in the shadows for a looooong time... Shake Head

Posts: 216 | Location: New York | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jane:
Thanks everyone. The thing is, my scan doesn't even capture all the detail of the sketch. It looks like a photograph, it's so detailed.

Hi Jane,
I'm glad you like my gray/bluescale dexter. I also did a full color version of that imageWink
byebye

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ocdlotr:
Also, one of the "Z" hotel prop cards just sold on Ebay for $511...WOW! Eek

Yup =- I got outbid with 12 seconds left Shake Head

It was numbered 1 of 18 though Roll Eyes

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dis68,

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Congrats on that beautifully painted DEBRA...!
...will post a scan when David's BAD DEXTER arrives...

Charles Hall has a few returns up on Ebay now...luckily I was able to pick up a 3/4 profile DEX from him also...

...AND a nicely illustrated Kevin Graham return as well...

...would love to track down an elusive Trev Murphy...alas, I think that's one artist that will remain in the shadows for a looooong time...

Hi ocdlotr, thx! I really wanted that Debra card. I 'll post a scan too when it'll arrive. I also managed to get the Debra AP sketch.
I am keeping an eye out for a Charles Hall. I pulled a Kevin Graham in my SDCC box and I just bought a Kong and Carrier so that;s getting along nicely.

About Trev Murphy, I don;t know if he is even in the SDCC set. I mailed him and asked him about it and he said he only did work for the Dexter Season 3 set.
Perhaps Tom could help us out here Smile