Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Dexter (Breygent Marketing)

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4026073384/m/563108261

August 05, 2009, 06:50 PM
riddler_149
Dexter (Breygent Marketing)
I got my box and binder set that I bought today. Had no expectations as this was my first Brygent purchase ever, but I was pleased with my results.

DA8 Erik King as Lt Doakes
DC15 Laguerta Jacket
DC16 Laguerta Jacket
DD1
DT4
DS2
DR4
DK2
DB5
DG1

Pretty happy with my pulls. I liked Doakes, and wanted an auo, so I am pretty pleased with my results.

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/
August 05, 2009, 07:48 PM
beamer
Scans of the Dexter variants and limited SDCC cards [IMG:left] [/IMG][IMG:left] [/IMG]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: beamer,
August 08, 2009, 05:52 PM
tragicend
i bought a case few days ago and got nothin spectacular except a few nice variants. anyhow, i bought a random box off ebay and pulled a Michael Hall autograph!! so excited right now
August 08, 2009, 07:06 PM
john the hat
one box for me
1 costume card DC12 TIE
DR3
DT2
DS2
DK2
DG1
DB3
Real nice cards, shame just the 1 hit but its a tie so there cant be that many of them lol

August 09, 2009, 01:00 AM
rubadub001
Does anyone have an extra DC8 Debra Police Uniform Costume Card? Shoot me a note! Thanks!

Looking for the regular one thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: rubadub001,

Check out my Trade List Apr 16.09: http://nonsportupdate.infopop....&r=37010938#37010938
August 09, 2009, 07:01 AM
beamer
Are you talking about the regular one or the patch variant?
August 09, 2009, 10:43 AM
MvG
If you have a spare patch variant Beamer, just let me know! I am sure we can work it out Wink
August 12, 2009, 07:33 PM
015omega
Beamer, on that scan of the the variant patch card what is the number out of 15 on yours? I pulled #1 of 15 and it is almost identical to your scan and definitely from the exact same part of the patch. The only difference is mine is shifted a bit to the left so you can barely see the top of the A and can see the front edge of the letter E after the D in the word DADE. Top and bottom are spaced the same.

I am wondering if Breygent used multiple patches for the variant card. Maybe Tom has some insight?

On another note, when I broke my case several weeks ago I got 2 of the 3 SDCC costume cards that weren's supposed to be in there!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 015omega,
August 14, 2009, 08:50 AM
beamer
My Debra Morgan patch is #2 of 15. And I will speak to Breygent and find out if only one patch was cut up for this card. Can you post a scan or email me a scan of your card? I would like to see it next to mine. Thanks!
August 14, 2009, 08:24 PM
Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
Pulled this beauty from my SDCC box

Also, I got the Astor and the Rita costume card. The Astor card is a little bent, so I'll be emailing Tom about that. Gotta say, I'm floored by the sketch card. I loved opening this box.

August 14, 2009, 10:06 PM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by jane:
Pulled this beauty from my SDCC box

Wow, you can say that again. That is the kind of sketch I can really appreciate. You lucked out big time. Thumb Up
August 14, 2009, 11:01 PM
spidergoblin
Great looking sketch you got there Jane Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper
August 15, 2009, 05:01 AM
MvG
Hi Jane,

amazing sketch you got there! It's a wonderful piece done by David Desbois. David is besides a talented artist also a real nice guy. Everyone should check out his work, he's got a site on DeviantART (shameless plug here Wink )

I just bought one of his Artist Return Cards which I will show of when I got in in hand. Big Grin

He only did 27 sketches so congratz on the great pull!
August 15, 2009, 08:36 AM
ocdlotr
...have to agree...great sketch by David D...and I was also lucky enough to be able to add a DeBois Artist Return sketch to my DEXTER collection...will post a pic when it arrives!

Also, one of the "Z" hotel prop cards just sold on Ebay for $511...WOW! Eek

...and lastly, has anyone seen a Trev Murphy sketch card pop up anywhere? Confused

August 15, 2009, 09:35 AM
Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
Thanks everyone. The thing is, my scan doesn't even capture all the detail of the sketch. It looks like a photograph, it's so detailed.

August 15, 2009, 03:49 PM
MvG
Hi Ocdlotr, so you bought the 'Bad Dexter' return card from David D. Would love to see a HQ pic when it arrives! I got it from a reliable source that it shipped to you this Friday Wink

And no, I haven't seen a Trev Murphy sketch card yet. It's the only one of the 7 artists who paticipated in the SDCC set that hasn't shown up on the bay. The Hall sketches are also quite rare.
August 15, 2009, 04:55 PM
ocdlotr
quote:
Originally posted by MvG:
Hi Ocdlotr, so you bought the 'Bad Dexter' return card from David D. Would love to see a HQ pic when it arrives! I got it from a reliable source that it shipped to you this Friday Wink

And no, I haven't seen a Trev Murphy sketch card yet. It's the only one of the 7 artists who paticipated in the SDCC set that hasn't shown up on the bay. The Hall sketches are also quite rare.

Congrats on that beautifully painted DEBRA...!
...will post a scan when David's BAD DEXTER arrives... Thumb Up

Charles Hall has a few returns up on Ebay now...luckily I was able to pick up a 3/4 profile DEX from him also... Bouncey

...AND a nicely illustrated Kevin Graham return as well... Metal

...would love to track down an elusive Trev Murphy...alas, I think that's one artist that will remain in the shadows for a looooong time... Shake Head

August 15, 2009, 07:28 PM
DavidDeb
quote:
Originally posted by jane:
Thanks everyone. The thing is, my scan doesn't even capture all the detail of the sketch. It looks like a photograph, it's so detailed.

Hi Jane,
I'm glad you like my gray/bluescale dexter. I also did a full color version of that imageWink
byebye

August 16, 2009, 04:39 AM
dis68
quote:
Originally posted by ocdlotr:
Also, one of the "Z" hotel prop cards just sold on Ebay for $511...WOW! Eek

Yup =- I got outbid with 12 seconds left Shake Head

It was numbered 1 of 18 though Roll Eyes

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dis68,
August 16, 2009, 04:18 PM
MvG
quote:
Congrats on that beautifully painted DEBRA...!
...will post a scan when David's BAD DEXTER arrives...

Charles Hall has a few returns up on Ebay now...luckily I was able to pick up a 3/4 profile DEX from him also...

...AND a nicely illustrated Kevin Graham return as well...

...would love to track down an elusive Trev Murphy...alas, I think that's one artist that will remain in the shadows for a looooong time...

Hi ocdlotr, thx! I really wanted that Debra card. I 'll post a scan too when it'll arrive. I also managed to get the Debra AP sketch.
I am keeping an eye out for a Charles Hall. I pulled a Kevin Graham in my SDCC box and I just bought a Kong and Carrier so that;s getting along nicely.

About Trev Murphy, I don;t know if he is even in the SDCC set. I mailed him and asked him about it and he said he only did work for the Dexter Season 3 set.
Perhaps Tom could help us out here Smile