Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Paranormal Activity (Breygent Marketing)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Paranormal Activity (Breygent Marketing)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted
This is the first time I've ever started a posting for any card product- forgive me if it's less than perfect.

I'm a big fan of the movie Paranormal Activity and when I found out that Breygent was working on cards for it, I was more than thrilled.

These cards are found in packs, not boxes.

I love that there was a definite number of costume/auto/cell cards stated on each pack. Sure, you don't know if you would get two cell cards or two auto cards but I really think that Breygent handled the allotment very nicely. Thumb Up

One pack would contain: 2 costume, cell or autograph cards. There isn't an exact number of how many base cards or other 'chase' cards you would receive in each pack but I liked the surprise of it all.

The base set is of 50 cards, there is a nine card puzzle set and there is a 'Portents of Evil' chase set but I don't know off hand how many cards make up that set.

Hopefully, after posting what I received, others will follow. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hollypop,

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
This was the first product I purchased in almost a year. Ed, you are the BEST!!!

I was only able to get three packs- can't remember if that was all Ed had left or if that was all I could afford but either way, I love the movie and had the have the cards.

Here is the breakdown from my first pack:

Base Cards- 6, 43, 12, 31, 18

Portents of Evil-- PE6

Nine Card Puzzle Set- PU9

Cell Card #3

and

Auto Card #1

Posts: 1458 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: May 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
Loved my first pack.. but my second one was even better!

Base Cards- 5, 11, 24, 37, 48

Portents of Evil- PE1

Nine Card Puzzle Set- PU4

another great cell card of the psychic, this one is of his first visit;

Cell Card #4

and my VERY FIRST EVER auto/costume card!! Metal The auto is of Micah Sloat and I think these were the boxers he was wearing when Katie just had gotten dragged off by the demon.

CI-2

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hollypop,

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Well done Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

I'm just about to post my third pack- my very favourite one of them all. Cool

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
This just proves that the number three is something special for me when it comes to collecting. lol

Here's the breakdown:

Base Cards- 35, 29, 16, 41, 47

Portents of Evil- PE8 (what was Micah thinking when he burnt the cross Katie was holding??)

Nine Card Puzzle Set- PU2

Te next two cards, I nearly dropped them when I pulled them out of the package. I was THRILLED to pull them!

When I heard about the cards, I hoped that there would be a swatch of that gorgeous purple sweater that Katie wore and when I found it on Ebay- I almost bid on it but something told me not to. It pays to listen to that 'little voice'. Wink

Costume Card C4

and here is the auto card to match! Luv You

Auto Card #2

No duplicates.. and I can't believe I pulled two Katie Featherston cards from one pack!! Luv You Luv You
I'm excited about my first auto/costume pull combo but I really wish that I had just a Micah Sloat auto and a separate costume card for him. It would match the Featherston's cards much better... but, really, I cannot complain at all!

Thanks again, Ed!! You are the best!
Oh.. and before I forget- Breygent Rules!!!

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Great Pulls

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Happy you got the cards you wanted. Somehow its always sweeter when its pack pulled. Smile

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hollypop
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!

Raven, I haven't bought a single pack or box in almost a year... getting the cards that I wanted from these packages was definitely a sweet feeling. Cool

Thought I kicked the habit but... such a hard habit to break. lol

Picture of Hyperion
posted Hide Post
I got my 3 packs yesterday! Here goes the break:

Very happy with these Smile Allthough I have never quite understood the "film-cell"-cards. Aren`t the cells just from some copy of the film? I can`t imagine cutting the original up! Therefor I don`t see the collectible value! But different collectors collect different things Smile
Regarding the pack-format: I really like it. I am for the most part interested in the super-chase, but if its a set I really want to collect I am sure I am gonna pull it off. I think this puts more of the "collecting" back in the collector cards Thumb Up

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: March 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post