Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars Black & White (Topps, 2018)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Black & White (Topps, 2018)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted
1 hobby exclusive box
7 packs, 8 cards per
1 guaranteed auto or sketch

Base 41/140 total base set
Base parallels:
5 Sepia 1:2, 1 Blue 1:4, 1 Green 1:7,
0 Purple 1:27, Red 1:67, Metal 1:655
3 Behind the Scenes 1:2
1 Concept Art 1:4
2 Posters 1:6
1 Iconic Characters 1:12
Autograph 1:18 A.Jones 39/99 green or blue?
parallels: blue, green, purple, red
Shortprint color 1:1184
dual auto 1:677
triple auto 1:2693
6 person auto 1:88844 Eek
sketch 1:17, panorama sketch 1:907, die-cut sketch 1:182

Overall grade: D
Pros: box and wrapper design, bts chase
Cons: price, only 7 packs, base set completion, some colors are hard to distinquish, numbering hard to read, concept art and posters chase. For the price this was disappointing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: xtime,

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Anybody else open a box?

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xtime:
Anybody else open a box?

I have a box that should arrive on Monday in the postal gods are smiling on me.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Who is on the 6-person auto xtime??

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
Who is on the 6-person auto xtime??

Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Peter Mayhew, Kenny Baker and Anthony Daniels

https://www.cardboardconnectio...pe-black-white-cards

Posts: 3251 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
My box arrived.
Love the base set. It is fun to see the images in a new way.
The hue shift cards add nothing and I would rather have had more cards towards a base set.
The other inserts are nice.
I won't mention the artist but I did get a sketch card. Images of the monkey head card from the Indiana Jones set and the sketch I pulled are about at the same level in my mind, Which is a shame.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
I won't mention the artist but I did get a sketch card. Images of the monkey head card from the Indiana Jones set and the sketch I pulled are about at the same level in my mind, Which is a shame.

Yeah, it's more than a shame when the sketch is the primary hit and it is a sub-par, unprofessional effort. It may be the artist's work, but it's up to the card maker to set the standards. If it's that bad, it shouldn't be in the box. As someone who has a few of those old monkey heads, skulls and melty faces, I'd like to see a scan of your new prize to pick a winner. Big Grin

Posts: 10398 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
My box arrived.
Love the base set. It is fun to see the images in a new way.
The hue shift cards add nothing and I would rather have had more cards towards a base set.
The other inserts are nice.

The sepia parallels are nice but all the others look the same to me. If some of them were not numbered I don't think I could have told the difference.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
I had originally passed on this release, but decided last month to pick up a couple of boxes.

Box 1:
41 base cards
4 sepia parallel base cards
2 blue parallel base cards
1 green parallel base card
4 Behind the Scenes cards 11, 20, 30, 35
1 Concept Art card CA-2
1 Poster card PO-7
1 Iconic Character card IC-3
1 blue parallel autograph card of Peter Mayhew as Chewbacca

Box 2:
41 base cards
5 sepia parallel base cards
1 blue parallel base card
1 green parallel base card
3 Behind the Scenes cards 4, 18, 34
2 Poster cards PO-2 and PO-7 (again)
1 Concept Art card
1 Iconic Character card IC-3 (again)
1 autograph card Rusty Goffe as Jawa

The black and white cards and the sepia cards are nice. The blue and green parallel base cards don't do much for me. Between the two boxes, I have 22 base card doubles.

I am quite pleased to pull the Peter Mayhew autograph card. I didn't have that signature in my collection yet.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post