Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Ghost Whisperer SDCC Box Set (Breygent 2009)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ghost Whisperer SDCC Box Set (Breygent 2009)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted
Here's the big "hits" from one of the limited edition Ghost Whisperer San Diego Comic Con Exclusive Box sets.

Included in the numbered box, which is blue with a lid awash in foil (very much in the style of the Marilyn Update and Dexter Comic Con Exclusive sets) are a complete base set, 9 foil insert cards (the same ones to be found in the just released hobby boxes), plus 2 autographs (from an exclusive set of 5) and 2 costumes (from an exclusive set of 3). I think I received the same card, but both Hewitt, and with fantastic variants, so no complaints here!

These auto/costume cards will be easy to distinguish from the autos and costumes found in the hobby boxes because they all have the comic con logo prominently featured on the card reverse.

Here's what was in my set:

Great cards, another winner from Breygent! I'm sure fans of the show, and especially Jennifer Love Hewitt, will really enjoy it. She wears lots of great costumes so there will be loads of variant not only in these box sets, but in the hobby boxes especially which will feature double digit numbers of cards featuring clothes worn by her character.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
3 COSTUMES FOR COMIC CON SET

TOM

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Got a box from Paul Hart at the Royal National Mart on Sunday.

I particularly like the positioning of the flower in the swatch.

Are any of the autos or costumes scarcer than the others?

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There were 1000 cards in all from the 5 signers, so if all equal each would have 200 cards. Unlikely especially with Hewitt in there.

From the few breakdowns, could it be something like this:

Hewitt 50
Conrad, Manheim 175 each
Kennedy, Murphy 300 each

1000 total (500 sets, 2 autos per)

Sorry about the wild speculation, and moreso if the actual numbers were already announced and I missed it.

Tom? Anyone?

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
did you notice that the conrad is thicker and it feels like a card with a auto cut out was glued to the card that has the auto sticker

Posts: 230 | Location: pa | Registered: March 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
You can't really tell from the scan but the Manheim auto card is like a cut auto card and is definitely thicker than the Kennedy one.

According to one listing I saw on ebay (by a very reputable dealer), the Manheim one might be scarcer than the JLH one.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nick9819:
did you notice that the conrad is thicker and it feels like a card with a auto cut out was glued to the card that has the auto sticker

I also noticed that my Conrad card was extra thick. I was thinking it may have been designed to be used as a costume card.

posted Hide Post
The die-cut over the sticker has been used in sport cards before. I actually prefer them because it prevents tampering of the sticker (something that is happening more of in sports now), it forces the sticker to be centered on the card, and it just looks nicer than just a sticker on a card.

Posts: 275 | Location: California | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Glim.

I don't know if you've seen one in person, but isn't that how they did the Harrion Ford, George Lucas, and Spielberg autographs in the recent Indiana Jones sets?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Yeah, Glim.

I don't know if you've seen one in person, but isn't that how they did the Harrion Ford, George Lucas, and Spielberg autographs in the recent Indiana Jones sets?

That would be correct Smile

Posts: 139 | Location: Lake Placid, FL | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
here are the numbers

Hewitt 125
Conrad, Manheim 100
each
Kennedy, Murphy 340 each

the cards that are thick are cut stickers as they were on inkworks cards already so we had to cut them to use them

Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Mysteries solved! Thanks for the numbers, Tom, and the reason of the thicker cards. I shall speculate no further...

Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
Who's Murphy?

Isn't it Christoph Sanders as Ned Banks? I don't watch the show, is it a nickname?

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Got another box.

Autos
Jamie Kennedy as Eli James
Camryn Manheim as Delia Banks

had both in the previous box.

Costumes

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Pulled the JLH & Murphy from my Box

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ribeyespud
posted Hide Post
Bought one box, #442 and was hoping for a Jennifer Love Hewitt Auto since I couldn't buy another box and these are my pulls....Love my pulls! The Jennifer Love Hewitt card has a few flaws on the sticker, but Tom is going to try to help me with a replacement auto of Jennifer. Great card set and Thanks for helping Tom!

[URL=

Posts: 177 | Location: Iowa | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post