Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars: Jedi Legacy (Topps, 2013)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars: Jedi Legacy (Topps, 2013)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted
Here are the results of my case. Have yet to sort out the base and many of the chase / parallels.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
That sure is a lot of fur ya got there.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
He can re-assemble an Ewok.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
He can re-assemble an Ewok.

Well, at least a very small one.
Some assembly required.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted Hide Post
My 2 box break:

Auto:
None

Prop / Costume:
None

Film cells:
Single: FR-17, FR-20
Double: DFR-3, DFR-6

Really disappointing with no Autos, Costumes or Props. I assumed you would get one of those and a film cell per box......

Posts: 348 | Location: La Palma, CA | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LUZNDAVE:
My 2 box break:

Auto:
None

Prop / Costume:
None

Film cells:
Single: FR-17, FR-20
Double: DFR-3, DFR-6

Really disappointing with no Autos, Costumes or Props. I assumed you would get one of those and a film cell per box......

That is very sad. Did you get any gold cards? I believe they are supposed to count as a hit. There are supposed to be two hits per box .

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
He did get 2 hits per box, just not ones that he would have preferred.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, looking at the lone case break thus far, if that's any indication of the average case, it held 3 autos, 5 relics, and a Print Plate, meaning the case had 15 films and 9 of the other kinds of hits.
Assuming each of those hits came with film card in the box that held them, that means 3 boxes per case will have two film cards as the hits with nothing else in there.
It was unlucky to get two boxes that each held two film cards, but not impossible.
Even so, there's good value in some of these film cards. If you really want autos or prop/costumes, take pictures of your 4 cards that show the film frames nicely backlit, and add them to the trading section asking for a couple of autographs or an autograph and a relic, and you might get a taker.

I'll finally have my own case on Thursday and will post results here. Pretty much the only lousy thing about living on the West Coast is that most of the card dealers and companies in the US are in the East, so it delays delivery on things somewhat.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought only 1 box as a feeler for this series . Pulled a single film cel and Chewbacca hair . The Chewy sold within about 10 minutes of me listing it . But I'd like to start collecting the ewok fur mostly .

Posts: 35 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: April 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
He did get 2 hits per box, just not ones that he would have preferred.

I see. Did not realize the film cells were considered hits as well :/
I have not gotten my cards yet - and today is a holiday...

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rickll68
posted Hide Post
Are any of the parallels except the Golds serial numbered?

Posts: 369 | Location: Lincoln, Nebraska, USA | Registered: April 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My case break was pretty much exactly like igman7's which kicks off this thread but I got one more autograph and one less Ewok relic, meaning I got four of each.

Autographs were OK, I got Boba Fett, R2, Piett, and Aayla Secura. Relics for me were the Ewoks #1,2,7,8. The print plate was a Cyan for one of the cards from the Luke series.

Film Frames were one triple, two doubles, and 12 singles, two of which were dupes so I only got 10 different of those. There are basically 15 film cards per case, so most cases will have only a total of only 9 relics, autos, and plates, so they definitely went a little overboard with the film cards, as cool as they are. I like that they're thin enough to fit into the 9 pocket pages.

The Ewok cards are super thick, and are the only card in the pack when found.

The DieCut cards come 24 to a case, so you could make two sets of the 12 with perfect collation. I made one set, but had only 9 of 12 toward a second set since there were 3 dupes. Those should've had foil enhancements or something, they are a good idea, but very plain looking.

The other inserts came at the correct rates and collated pretty well, but are also plain looking. All the parallels came out at the correct rate. No golds for me.

Basically, the single film cards come one per box and will pretty much always be one of the hits, so I don't really consider them hits at all.

The "hits" versions of those are the double and triple films, and pretty much every fourth box will have one of those along with the single film.

Every third or fourth box will have an autograph along with a single film card. And all the rest of the boxes (except those that don't have plates), basically half of them, will have a relic, usually one of the Ewoks.

For single hit boxes, which these essentially are, $80+ or so is a little too expensive, but that autograph lineup should sell them through.

I haven't sorted the base yet, but they look sharp with high gloss and are loaded with great pictures, some of which, certainly, haven't been seen on cards before.

The Galactic Files set was better than this one overall, but it is nice to get a break from the sketches.

Hopefully, companies will begin to follow the Game of Thrones sketch model and have only a handful of top artists drawing a limited number of them, and seeding them one per case at most. With few exceptions, most sets would benefit greatly by doing that, and none more than Star Wars related sets.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the detailed break chesspieceface. Smile
It's refreshing to read an overall synopsis (rather than just a list of hits).

Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rickll68:
Are any of the parallels except the Golds serial numbered?

In my 2 boxes each box had 19 Blue foils, 4 Pink and 2 green foils. All are unnumbered.

Posts: 348 | Location: La Palma, CA | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good overview Chesspiece. I came to this with only modest expectations, but was pretty happy with my break;

A half case brought;

Single standard Cells
- FR2 Lightsaber training on Falcon
- FR12 Palpatine Hologram
- FR13 Luke training with Yoda
- FR15 Luke in Wampa Cave
- FR21 Darth Vader on SSD
- FR23 Luke on Dagobah

- One Triple Cell TFR1

- One Ewok Fur Relic ER8

Three Autos
- Jon Morton as Dak Ralter
- Anthony Forrest as Sandtrooper
- Ian McDiarmid as Chancellor Palpatine

- One Printing Plate 31A Anakin Skywalker Mechanical Limb

Posts: 146 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
that is one great half case!!! 3 autos (chancellor palpatine!!!!), triple cell, printing plate...all from 6 boxes...

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A Palpatine autograph AND a plate in the same full case would seem to be very good luck indeed, never mind getting all of that from only 6 boxes. Congrats!

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LUZNDAVE:

In my 2 boxes each box had 19 Blue foils, 4 Pink and 2 green foils. All are unnumbered.

If you got 4 greens total from only 2 boxes, that was lucky. Those are usually only one per box, so it looks like you doubled up. While they aren't serial numbered, there's likely only a couple of hundred of each of the 90 cards in the green foil version, going by the odds.

Picture of rickll68
posted Hide Post
I just don't understand Topps. When the got it right with Galactic Files on the serial number they don't follow through it with this set. What a bunch of clowns running that company

Posts: 369 | Location: Lincoln, Nebraska, USA | Registered: April 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
These are high gloss cards, unlike Galactic Files, so maybe that's why no serial numbers?
Could be the numbering process works better on flat surface cards. I remember the numbering process damaged a lot of the Indiana Jones Crystal Skull cards and those were also higher gloss than Galactic Files. Maybe they didn't want a repeat of that.

It may have also been a cost saving move. While they saved on paying sketch artists, the autograph budget must have been as high on this set as any they've ever made before given all the in demand signers they got stickers from, and even Ewok fur, possibly the lamest of all original trilogy relics possible isn't cheap, I'll bet, never mind the awesome Chewbacca fur.

Also, the print run might have a little too high to number the blues in this set given that almost every pack has one. Had they planned a retail version that would've included blues, but then cancelled that making this a hobby only set greatly thus greatly increasing the number of blues found in hobby packs? Very possibly.

If the average case has 225 blues and there's even 1,000 12 box cases, that would mean 225,000 blues or approximately 2,500 of each blue version of the 90 cards, a little too high to number, really.

There are obviously 10 gold sets, and using the same guess at the production run as above, there'd be 12,000 total green cards, or around 130 Green ninety card sets, and about 520 ninety card magenta sets. Much like the Golds, cards that limited would benefit from being numbered.

(I do realize you can use the odds on the pack to figure out pretty much how many green and magenta sets are possible and the print run, more or less, I'm just going off the top of my head).