Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars: Jedi Legacy (Topps, 2013)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars: Jedi Legacy (Topps, 2013)
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I actually liked this set, but there doesn't seem to be a huge amount of breaks on the forums yet. The circle is complete cards are a nice innovation, and the signers list is good. I also much prefer film cells to manufactured patches or medallions.

Posts: 146 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Think I'm one and done. Very happy I got a relic of a named Ewok and not one of the generics. The film cel is the Rancor's mouth, I can't for the life of me get a good scan of it. I tried backlighting it with my cell phone with no luck. Doesn't really matter, I'm not selling it.

The Gold parallel was a nice surprise!

Film cel - FR-22
Ewok relic - ER-3
Circle inserts - CC-5, CC-12
Gold - 26A
Green - 25L
Magenta - 7A, 16A, 24A, 33A
Blue - 6A, 11A, 14A, 17A, 22A, 28A, 35A, 38A
17L, 18L, 28L, 29L, 30L, 32L, 33L, 38L, 40L

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blwilson
posted Hide Post
Just finished opening two boxes. Ended up with three base sets, full sets of the Connections and Influences cards, plus extras, a pile of blue parallels, 8 magenta, and 2 green parallels, 4 Circle cards, 2 single frame cards, a double, and a triple. I was hoping for an auto or a relic card, but luck wasn't with me this time.

Blair

wuher, Scott Rammel, Bond, mars53, Arvin Sloane, Larry C., silmapco, MrSpeed719, spidergoblin, mark64, steve j, barrowjack, indypat75, ra4dunb, Avalon, hammer, Gregor1968, Rich, Scifi Cards, Ryan Cracknell, UofLHoops, Cee_Jay, rachandcarl, brandocles, venom5liter, Warrior Babe, manolito, SciFi Mom, Ariana, Craig, beleay, kidtrek, eman, iki927, jane

Posts: 281 | Location: Surrey, BC, Canada | Registered: January 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
busted a case of Jedi Legacy today and I thought it went fairly well- no huge jumping for joy as I would have had I hit a Ford, Hamill, Fisher or Daniels but pretty good nonetheless.

I got one complete 90 card blue parallel set along with 78 towards a second set plus many triples, quadruples etc.

I got 37 different magenta parallels and 11 other dupes/triples etc.

I got 11 different green parallels and 1 dupe

best of all for the parallels- I got 2 golds! Smile! Those have a print run of 10 and are 1 in 470 packs so definitely beat the odds there.

For the film relics I got 11 different single cels and 1 dupe, 2 different dual cels and 2 different triple cels

Another great hit was the magenta printing plate for card 4A- those are 1 in 1175 packs Big Grin

Finally for the relics and autos I got the Wicket Ewok relic, 2 random Ewok relics, a Jabba's Sail Barge relic with the Nikto Gunner piece, an Anthony Forrest auto as a Sandtrooper (boo!), two John Morton autos as Dak Ralter (double boo!) and finally....Mr. Colt 45 Malt Liquor himself Billy Dee Williams as Lando!

here are the pics- all the cards are available with the exception of the Billy Dee which I'm going to keep for the PC.

thx for the look, Dave

Posts: 79 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Hey, Deeceman, nice break with the two golds, the Lando autograph, TWO triple films, the sail barge relic AND the plate! You definitely did better than average.

I opened a case, too, and pretty much did the same toward a second set of the blues. If interested, hit me with an email with which ones you need to finish your second set, and maybe I can finish yours with my triples and you can finish mine (and our breaks will be that much better with two sets of blues!).

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I know it's a longshot given how few breaks have shown up for this set, but does anyone have any of the die-cut "Circle is Complete" insert cards extra. I have 3 of the 12 extra and need 3 to make a set. If anyone has wants/needs for these, please send me an email and maybe we can help each other out, even if you just want to trade the codes from the back of the cards, so there'd be no actual shipping of cards. (with a set of the 12 codes, one from each number, you can unlock a Darth Vade circle card).

Thanks!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Are the film cells actual original cuttings from the film reels?

Posts: 4 | Location: UK | Registered: September 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, originals, but most likely from the Special Editions that were released to cinemas in 1997.

Film from 1977, 1980, and 1983 as the originals would be often take on a reddish hue, whereas all of these I've seen retain their original color which makes it likely these pieces are only 15 years old as opposed to 30- 35 years old like they would be were they from the original celluloid releases.

Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
Not a lot of boxbreaks here of this release, I didn´t either buy a box, even if I should(chance on Ford auto). I must say the film cel cards look very good in person, I´m trying to get the single full set of this one, I would like to get the dual and triple film cel sets too but they are too expensive for me now.

Posts: 188 | Location: Finland | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There are 30 singles which makes it a tough set, but there's one in every box.
The doubles and triples are from a much smaller set but only come one per every 6 boxes.
I have the Disney Treasures sets of these kinds of cards and I love them. Artbox also made a version of them for their Harry Potter sets.
Good luck!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
I thought the idea was pretty good, but Topps have made collecting a full set quite difficult if not near on impossible. You would need the budget of a minor country to complete. However, I am always one to dip my toe in. I bought 2 boxes from ebay and three from my US dealer.

Here's what I got

5 single film cards
1 double, one triple
1 Auto - R2D2
2 costume cards - CW-4 + ER-2

The rest went according to plan - no gold cards, plates or other such goodies though. Would have loved an anthony daniels to go with my Baker Smile

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I got my first box today, and was very impressed with the quality for a start. I mainly bought these for reference material for artwork lol but im also on the hunt for a chewie relic card.

My 2 inserts were A duel Film cel (two aliens in the cantina) and single film cell of han about to be put in to carbonite.

A bit gutted i didn't pull a relic, but i have one more box on the way, so fingers crossed!!

Posts: 4 | Location: UK | Registered: September 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice pulls every one Smile
Welcome to the Board Tim Dowler, have one of your sketches from The unstoppable Loaded packs Smile Smile Smile
A nicely drawn dragon

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KADRAN00157:
Nice pulls every one Smile
Welcome to the Board Tim Dowler, have one of your sketches from The unstoppable Loaded packs Smile Smile Smile
A nicely drawn dragon

KADRAN00157

Haha really!? Thats cool! Im always browsing the forums on here, but with the new Jedi Legacy set, that's got me spending my dollars and getting involved with discussions! Big Grin

Im a big collector of GG busts and Star Wars props....just hoping to land some chewie fur at some point!! *fingers crossed* Big Grin

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ok second box showed up today, and was very stoked to get a single cell of Obi and Vaders duel in A New Hope....but also pulled a R2D2 Sail Barge Relic card!!

Was very happy with that Smile

posted Hide Post
a major online purveyor of wax boxes have Legacy priced at $62.50 today so I may grab some more. So far I've managed to pull 3 out of the 4 Chewbacca relics, 3 out of the 5 Jabba's Sail Barge cards (Leia, Boba Fett, Nikto Gunner), 4 Ewoks (3 unnamed plus Wicket) so at this point I'm definitely going to try to finish the relic set. I have two extra Ewoks as well.

Dave

Posts: 79 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They've got down to $60 a couple of times, which is more in line with what was in them than the original retail price, really. (I don't really count the single frames as hits since they ended up being so common.)

I might pick up a couple more boxes, too, since I'd still like one of those rare autographs. I don't know how long they'll last at around $60 because with what you do get, and what you have a chance, however slight, of getting is definitely worth $60, easy.

I think the one hit boxes at a lower retail price provides collectors a lot more flexibility. Those with the money for a hundred dollar box can easily buy two $60 boxes but someone who can just afford a $60 box isn't too likely to be able to scrape up the $40 more needed to even be able to get a taste of a product.

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Picked up a single box that was on sale at 60.
I got 19 blue, 4 magenta and 1 green parallel cards
2 Circle is now complete
a Single film cell FR2 frame Obi Wan realizing that Aulderon was dust.
A Teebo Ewok costume card
A fun box to open.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
I opened a box of this, and it looked like this:

1 base set
9 Connections cards
12 Influences cards
1 green parallel
4 magenta parallels
19 blue parallels
2 die cut cards CC-5, CC-12
1 film cel card FR-14
1 triple filem cel card TFR-10

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted Hide Post
I picked up 2 more boxes pretty cheap so I gave this set another try.

I each box had 18 blue, 4 magenta and 1 green parallel, & 1 Circle is now complete.

Posts: 348 | Location: La Palma, CA | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post