Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Marvel Heroes & Villians (Rittenhouse Archives 2010)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marvel Heroes & Villians (Rittenhouse Archives 2010)
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Batman,

What was the # on the sticker of your hot box?

David

Posts: 275 | Location: St. Petersburg, FL | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Millhouse here bought 1 case of this set and here's what sketch cards i got from my case

Overall very happy with the sketch cards i got

From a very happy Millhouse Dance Elephant Dance

Posts: 757 | Location: london england | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
case break.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
nice case break raj

Millhouse

Posts: 757 | Location: london england | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
Okay, here's mine. There were 5 loose boxes (top scan) and a full case (middle and bottom scan). One of the loose boxes was actually missing its sketch but the case yielded an extra in one of the boxes (as well as the Ian Dorian puzzle). I don't know Marvel characters particularly well so this is my best guess. I got several of the extremely limited (51-150) but no scarce artist sketches (1-50).

Czop Namor v Human Torch / Pekar Hulk v Spiderman / Yakimovich Feral v Wolfsbane
Magno Wolverine v Sabretooth

Mohd Spider Woman & Tigra / Wheeler Colossus & Kitty Pryde / Dos Santos Mr Fantastic & Dr Doom
Ian Dorian panel Goliath v Dragon Man / Ahmed Ms Marvel v Ms Marvel
Kohse Hulk & Thor / Kong Enchantress v Thor

Bulda Daredevil v Mysterio / Kenney Beast v ?? / Hughes Human Torch v Dr Doom
Banks Hulk v Doc Samson / Treece Iron Man & Controller / Fodra Ares v Skrulls

The Bulda Daredevil is lovely pencil (I think, it's very soft looking). Magno has consistently done excellent work in this set despite being pretty high volume, and he, Banks and Fodra have really worked the layouts. There are several others in this lot that are just as good in different ways.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tangent,

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Monsterama2000
posted Hide Post
Here's the ones I know for sure --

Bulda Daredevil v Mysterio
Banks Hulk v Doc Samson

Posts: 120 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Monsterama2000:
Here's the ones I know for sure --

Bulda Daredevil v Mysterio
Banks Hulk v Doc Samson

thanks, updated

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Monsterama2000
posted Hide Post
I got one box. Here's my breakdown --

Box# 0115 of 8000
1 full set plus 24 doubles
8 parallel cards
2 Alliances cards #A6, A16
3 Most Wanted cards #M3, M5, M7
1 Foldout Poster card #PC6
0 Lenticular Flip cards
1 sketch card - Hulk vs The Leader (not signed, anyone know the artist?)

Posts: 120 | Location: Akron, OH | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
the style is very similar to my Yakimovich

posted Hide Post
here is a case break:

Posts: 78 | Location: cave on an island, usa | Registered: May 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
really lovin the Thanos/Surfer combo esp since Thanos is my fav villain Big Grin

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
That Kenney Sketch above looks to be Beast VS. Sabretooth (he was drawn more like that in his early apperances, especially when he was running with the Marauders..

Posts: 29 | Location: Shelbyville, KY | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
I picked up an archive box - no chance of puzzles and less exciting to break, but at least the postage is much better Smile Anyway, it was a good decision, here are the sketches:

Celario (EL) / Minor (EL) / Kohse (L)
Moreno (VL) / Confer (EL) / Rubinstein (VL)

Pekar (VL) / Ferreira (L) / Owens (VL)
Cleveland (L) / Allen (EL) / Nonato (L)

Ahmed (EL) / Kong (L) / Bulda (EL)
Bui (L) / Fodra (L) / Martins (EL)

Mokhtar (EL) / Postman (L) / Lee (L)
Mohd (EL) / Shearer (L) / Prince (VL)

Cristostomo (VL) / Cover (EL) / Ferrara (L)
Magno (L) / Glover (EL) / Jackman (VL)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tangent,

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Awesome sketches you got there Jen,congrats Metal

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
Bought two boxes by accident, only meant to buy one. Oh well. Both arrived today.

(Left) Iron Man & Dr Doom by Adam Cleveland / (Right) Cyclops & Sentinel Robot by Marc Ferreira

Might get some more boxes Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Star*Mystyk,

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Cyclops and Sentinel robot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentinel_(comics)

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Tangent,

The Juggernaught / Colossus sketch you pulled is absolutely beautiful.

I am jealous of that one.

TTFN

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AJJ:
Cyclops and Sentinel robot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentinel_(comics)

Great, thanks! Been scouring eBay looking for that character, found a couple of cards but no one ever says which characters are in them.
Maybe they didn't know, either Smile

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
Got another box. It arrived yesterday.
I don't know the artist, though Raj's post above has one by the same artist (the one with Wolverine in it).

I won't show my cluelessness by attemtping to guess the characters Big Grin
Might keep this one as it looks quite nice.

posted Hide Post
believe that is jeff confer .. namor and ... hmm uggh brain freeze .. sure someone will know name

Posts: 78 | Location: cave on an island, usa | Registered: May 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post