Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Marvel Heroes & Villians (Rittenhouse Archives 2010)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marvel Heroes & Villians (Rittenhouse Archives 2010)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted
So, you lucky people at the Philly gathering got a pack each. Please show Wavey Not often we get a 24 person box breakdown Big Grin

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Thush
posted Hide Post
Hehe. A pack each from a box is a great idea.

Posts: 385 | Location: London, UK | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
It was my understanding that there were no inserts in these packs. RA did not want product showing up early on those auction sites, which I completely understand. It was still great to get a preview of the base set, thanks to RA for a nice show exclusive! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
It's Wednesday so the product is officially live...

My first 6 sketches...

Dan Quiles, Unsigned, Arie Monroe

Buddy Prince, Jose David Lee, Jerry Gaylord

Interesting base set, done in matte finish front and back. First box didn't yield a set, but got what I needed from the extras in subsequent boxes.

Interesting chase sets. I like the foldout cards especially. It will be fun for most people to find the 3 pocket pages these will display properly in.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5081 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
Nice start. I particularly like the Jose David Lee and I haven't seen his work before.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Robert Kohlbus
posted Hide Post
Captain America/Rhino is by Brian Shearer.

Posts: 279 | Location: Jenkintown, PA | Registered: December 10, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
nice looking sketches Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10450 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Haljordanfan
posted Hide Post
Anyone else out there with pulls?

Posts: 575 | Location: USA | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This set is amazing. The two characters per card really stretches boundries.

Lotsa pulls here:

http://sketchcardsaloon.wordpr...heroes-and-villains/

Enjoy!

Posts: 39 | Location: Miami | Registered: October 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rian Fike:

Lotsa pulls here:

Enjoy!

Lovin' those Katie Cooks!

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rian Fike:

Lotsa pulls here:

Enjoy!

Lovin all Thanos sketches Metal

"nuff said"

Alice Cooper

Posts: 10450 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
The other half of my case...

Tony Fleecs, Joe Pekar, and an Unknown Artist

John Czop, Eduard Ferrara, Brandon Kenney

Can't say I understand the Ferrara or Kenney cards, not convinced I even know what characters they are supposed to be. But art is a subjective thing.

The Unknown artist card is signed, but I can't make a match with any of the sigs on Rittenhouse's site.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5081 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Unknown artist card is signed, but I can't make a match with any of the sigs on Rittenhouse's site.

Possibly Craig Yeung? he's on the artist list but I can't see him on the signature chart and the initials look possible. It's a good sketch too, and I haven't seen many Ghost Riders.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Compared to his other cards, it looks as though Kenney either run out of time or forgot to finish it.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of darkship17
posted Hide Post
I like what Brandon did this time around. He wanted to do something different and used watercolors. I'd say it's a cards of Pixie vs. Hellion from the Young X-Men?

Posts: 6 | Location: Central Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
No boxes or cases for me this time, but I think I did ok with the 8 packs I bought.

Rhiannon Owens sketch, there's a notation on the back, "X-MEN #135 DARK PHOENIX VS. THE X-MEN".

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Here are my pulls from the 4 boxes I purchased, not a bad one in the bunch, and the hot box puzzle was a nice bonus! Smile

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
If I was going to put money on someone getting a hot box... Big Grin That's the first Barnett puzzle I've seen pulled. Congrats Clap

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:

Rhiannon Owens sketch, there's a notation on the back, "X-MEN #135 DARK PHOENIX VS. THE X-MEN".

Great stuff , congrats

Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
great sketches guys...Ed esp liking the Czop Lizard/Spidey combo Metal

"nuff said"

Alice Cooper