Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    2010 Allen & Ginter (Topps)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2010 Allen & Ginter (Topps)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted
Picked up 2 bonus retail boxes.

8 packs per box, 6 cards each pack.

Highlights - see pics below.
Several commons including non-sports.
Shortprints are 1:2.
8 TDH (This Day In History)
1 repo sketch art card AGHS
MINIs...
1 National Animal (Panama)
2 Sailors of 7 Seas (Leon & Coronado)
1 Worlds Wordsmith (Confucius)
2 Worlds Biggest (Everest & Burj Khaliac)
2 Monsters of Mesozoic (Raptor & Nomingia)
2 black border
1 no number
5 A&G backs
4 regular

Overall C+/B-
Pros: Lots of interesting non-sport mini subsets. The relic cards have a nice red border. This Day in History cards are a good addition.
Cons: Some oddball cards. Too much baseball.
More to come.

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
A variety of mini cards...

A variety of regular size cards...

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
More minis...

posted Hide Post
I'm glad you said "too much baseball". I would buy A&G every year if it wasn't loaded with baseball. Topps hasn't figured out that some people want all the weird cards but not a sport they have no interest in.
Ah well....

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Guess they are trying to cover all the bases.
(Pun intended) Twak

Anybody else open some boxes? Sheep

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I've looked for retail boxes, nobody here has them. My sportscard dealer had a few hobby boxes, and I bought packs from him but he can't get any more.

The problem with this set is it's so massive, it's almost impossible to get a full set, let alone all the really neat minis.

A freind has bought 3 boxes of hobby, and each box had 3 hits, all baseball jerseys or bats. No rip cards and only one baseball auto. I'd rather get a couple of blaster boxes.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I almost bought a blaster today. . . I've been hearing how tough the autographs are to pull, so I didn't buy any. . . for some reason I'm less interested in this year's set than I have been for the last couple of years. . .

I'd like to pick up a couple of the autos, but some of the prices are crazy high. The card I was most interested in -- Sig Hansen autograph looks to have been pulled from the set. . .

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
I like A&G, it has some interesting stuff. I always buy a few packs for fun but didn't pull anything worth mentioning this year. I did buy this neat Shawn Johnson framed mini autograph though:

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Out of five blasters I have pulled two autos and one bat card...all baseball. Some packs had two minis. In each box the minis average 50% non-sports and 50% basball.

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
That Shawn Johnson auto really looks good. I like the design of the A & G cards, especially the autos and relics. The design is the same every year, but the frame is a different color.

I'll try again this week for a blaster box.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
despite my threat to stay away from this product, I was REALLY depressed the other day, and the wifey took me to Target to buy some cards. I bought all 4 blasters and did quite well.
I pulled one black border mini (Parthenon), 1 unnumbered mini, 4 Greek Gods, 4 Animals, 3 Monsters, 2 Greatest , 1 Wordsmith, 2 Bat relics, and 1 auto...

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Bought a blaster at wal mart minis where

World's Biggest Tree
Monsters Mesozoic Brachiosaurus
World Wordsmiths John Bunyan
National animals Dolphin Greece

Finally
Creatures Legend Myth and Joy Goldilocks

Heard the creaturs where rare esp. in retail but don't know for sure

Posts: 3874 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Streich:
Bought a blaster at wal mart minis where

World's Biggest Tree
Monsters Mesozoic Brachiosaurus
World Wordsmiths John Bunyan
National animals Dolphin Greece

Finally
Creatures Legend Myth and Joy Goldilocks

Heard the creaturs where rare esp. in retail but don't know for sure

Actually that was an excellent blaster!

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Holy ****.. The creatures mini are 1:288 hobby packs (don't know the retail odds) guess it was a decent break..

Not sure if I'll buy any more since Strasburg was a huge buying point now he's done for at least a year after blowing out his arm.

Posts: 3874 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: January 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Myth mini's follow the sharks and snakes from previous years.

Anybody pull any interested non-sport autos or memorabilia? Post pics please. Big Grin

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I want the Avery Jenkins 2009 disc golf world champion card and his inserts

Posts: 8 | Location: usa | Registered: November 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post