Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Beauty and the Myth (Braiiinz Publishing, 2014)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beauty and the Myth (Braiiinz Publishing, 2014)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
I will be posting photos of the sketches I pulled later this weekend but thought I might as well start off with a breakdown of what else you get in a box ( and it's quite a lot Smile ) .

31 card base set of superb colour artwork all done by male artists from Mexico plus a checklist.

15 or 16 of the 31 card set by all female artists from Mexico, again featuring some top artwork.

6 of the parallel black and white versions of the male base set.

2 of the parallel black and white versions of the female set.

5 chase cards from the three puzzle sets.

Cards are nicely done on a similar card stock to the promos in NSU with a glossy finish. Excellent first effort from Braiiinz, there are clearly a lot of talented artists in Mexico Thumb Up .

Here are the sketches and what an excellent selection they are Cool .

Jason Saldajeno, Jennifer Creech, Robert Hack.

Mariana Real, Liz Chesterman, Dan Borgonos.

These were all single sketches, I was lucky in pulling dual sketches for the other four of my ten boxes Elephant .

Diana Peredo, Blackened Krono.

Van Davis, Kokkinakis Achilleas.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Triple-Frog,

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Bumped so people know photos of the sketches have been added. They deserve to be seen Big Grin .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
My package finally did it's best Snake Plisken and showed up here in the Chicago area.

IMO, a very solid 1st time out for Humberto and company.

The boxes are really not quite secure for the long run, nor are they tamper proof (the stickers on the sides are too easy to open), so I would stay away from buying them on the secondary market. The black on black on the boxes is a really nice touch but it is probably a little too subtle as brand and set names really don't "pop".

That being said, the cards themselves are beautiful and very well sorted. After assembling, here is what I got from the 10 boxes:

10 Male base sets
5 Female base sets
2 Male sketch sets
1 Female sketch set (incentive) + a second set minus 6 cards (19-24)
4 9 card puzzle sets
1 Air set
2 Sea sets

And then comes the goodies...

Cayce Moyer

George Deep

Fer Galacia

Markos Kstro

Sha-Nee Williams

Hanie Mohd

Tania Lane

Kate Carleton

Puis Calzada

and this stunner (hate to obscure it but rules is rules)

Isreal Artega

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Got ten more packs, well worth it and Humberto put in an extra sketch too Thumb Up .

Excellent collation of the base and chase cards as well.

Bonus sketch by Walter D Rice, Jasmine Anderson.

Babisu Kourtis, Lynne Anderson, James Bukauskas.

Marcia Dye, Israel Artega.

All these were single cards, I again got four 2 card puzzles Big Grin .

Erik Van Elisande, Jomar Bulda.

Bill Maus, Norvien Basio.