Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    2013 Allen & Ginter (Topps, 2013)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2013 Allen & Ginter (Topps, 2013)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted
1 blaster box
8 packs, 6 cards each
28 base cards
3 SP base

5 Across the Years
1 Curious Cases - Area 51 1:8
1 One Little Corner - Scattered Disk 1:8
1 Martial Mastery - Romans 1:8
1 Palaces & Strongholds 1:8

8 mini's
1 5/25 S.Nadelen 1:272(bat back)
1 A&G back 1:5
4 Regular back
1 Inquiring Minds - Machiavelli 1:5
1 People on Bicycles - Messenger 1:?

Overall C
Pros: Wrapper & box design, borders, plus more non-sports(perhaps first ever subjects and personalities)
Cons: pending further review.

Sample pic:

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The people on bikes are a case hit + the /25 in one blaster is a nice box!

Posts: 40 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: August 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I have to admit I liked Panini Golden Age much better. So far I've bought a few packs of A & G and not many non-sport subjects.One quirky thing I noticed, musician Henry Rollins has 2 cards - 266 and 348. Image on front is almost the same, different background colors, and text on back is the same except for numbers and one says "Performer" the other "Musician". Has anyone noticed this for other subjects?

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AWR
posted Hide Post
Could be related to the Ginter Code. Its a contest each year with this set where you need to find the hidden code in the card to win the grand prize of a set of autographs.

Here is a link to last years code and solution

http://noitulosedocretnig1102....olve-2012-allen.html

Posts: 382 | Location: Califon, NJ | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
I have to admit I liked Panini Golden Age much better. So far I've bought a few packs of A & G and not many non-sport subjects.One quirky thing I noticed, musician Henry Rollins has 2 cards - 266 and 348. Image on front is almost the same, different background colors, and text on back is the same except for numbers and one says "Performer" the other "Musician". Has anyone noticed this for other subjects?

Could be, but he was the singer of black flag and now he does stand up, pretty cool variant if you ask me!

Posts: 40 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: August 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post