Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Under The Dome Season 1 (Rittenhouse, 2014)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Under The Dome Season 1 (Rittenhouse, 2014)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
Opened one box.

Base set
2 character cards (which I think are pretty ugly)
2 quotables
1 foil parallel
MacKenzie Lintz auto
Kevin Sizemore auto
Relic R10 Big Jim Rennie

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ravenheart,

Posts: 795 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Got two boxes and opened them yesterday:

(Box 0615/2000)
Autographs - Bellamy, Robertson
Characters - C5, C10
Costume card - R7 (#006/100)
Quotable - Q4, Q9
Parallel card - 07 (#004/100)
Base set - 1 complete, 30 duplicates

(Box 0612/2000)
Autographs - Fahey, Hinds
Characters - C9, C18
Costume card - R4 (#096/100)
Quotable - Q8, Q1
Parallel card - 01 (#082/100)
Base set - 1 complete, 30 duplicates

While I was pleased that I did not get any duplicates of the chase cards, I can't say that I am blown away by this set. The base card design is plan, and having a gray border doesn't really help. I know that Rittenhouse probably didn't have much to work with for chase ideas, but having that many different chase cards with such a low insertion rate is rather disheartening. I don't know if I will pursue completing the chase cards or not, but I certainly will not spend the money on another box.

My overall grade: C-

Posts: 1458 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rns91294
posted Hide Post
Got two boxes.

R5 joe mcalister
Kevin Sizemore auto
Samantha Mathis auto

R7 Ben drake
Linds Edward auto
Rachelle Lefevre auto Clap Bouncey

Could not be happier about that auto!!!!!!

Posts: 183 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: July 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Will:
Costume card - R7 (#006/100)
Costume card - R4 (#096/100)

I thought the costumes were all /200?

I agree about the base set, it's pretty boring. But then, aren't most base sets? As for the chase sets, it's never worth trying to collect them. It's always cheaper to buy complete sets from dealers. I am increasingly finding subset cards in boxes to be a waste of time.

Actually, I'm generally finding buying boxes, at their current prices, to be a waste of time. I don't remember the last set where I wasn't able to buy the contents of most boxes much cheaper separately. People lucky enough to get the one or two most expensive cards do well with a box, but otherwise the days where most boxes were worth their asking price are long gone.

Posts: 795 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rns91294
posted Hide Post
And that is why I only usually buy 2 boxes anymore. I like the thrill of not knowing, but the costs are getting overpriced.

Posts: 183 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: July 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Manufacturers need to be careful, really. The non-sport community is hardly massive. It wouldn't take much for it to collapse if prices go up much more.

Picture of rns91294
posted Hide Post
And Cryptozoic raised the price of their boxes. It is ridiculous really. Only the Walking the Dead ones seem worth the money because resale is so high.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rns91294:
Only the Walking the Dead ones seem worth the money because resale is so high.

Not to punters it's not.

I heard about the Crypto price hike. Not expecting to buy another box of theirs again. Even for sets I'm really interested in.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
quote:
Originally posted by rns91294:
Only the Walking the Dead ones seem worth the money because resale is so high.

Not to punters it's not.

I heard about the Crypto price hike. Not expecting to buy another box of theirs again. Even for sets I'm really interested in.

Most of Cryptozoic's releases are available at well below retail if you wait a few months.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Aside from Big Bang and Walking Dead, is there really a demand for the other Crypto sets ?

Is there really a huge interest in Arrow, Psych, The Guild, Fringe, Archer, etc

Posts: 4008 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Aside from Big Bang and Walking Dead, is there really a demand for the other Crypto sets ?

The Hobbit has been doing pretty well and that is also a Cryptozoic release. I suspect that Arrow will do well too but have to agree on Psych, The Guild, Fringe and Archer. Their various DC comics titles have not been too great either.

Posts: 1530 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of rns91294
posted Hide Post
I loved psych. Got a couple boxes of the set but am not chasing anything the show was great though.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:

The only other sets I can say didn't hit the bargain bins were Hobbit and Castle. Castle wasn't a HUGE hit, but modest in they made just about enough to keep people happy with dealers dumping boxes and cases now.

The DC sets have been dumped pretty heavily.

I don't think the SRP increase in there cards is going to help anything at all. They need to consider printing to order and just loading up boxes if there are more hits to go in. Like Topps and UD have occasionally done on under-ordered sets.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5081 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Opened two boxes and every pack this time. Was one card short of two complete sets:

Posts: 2508 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of <<<<ALDO_NOVA>>>>
posted Hide Post
Box number one

Full 81 card base set

Silver parallel #57 035/100
Quotable cards-Q2,Q5
Dome die-cuts-C8,C27
Die-cut material card-R7 187/200
Josh Carter/Rusty auto
Beth Broderick/Rose Twitchell auto

Odd how it ended at 81 cards, had to look it up to see if I was missing any cards!

30 extra base

Posts: 217 | Location: Where you can't find me!!!!!! | Registered: August 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by <<<<ALDO_NOVA>>>>:
Box number one

Full 81 card base set

Silver parallel #57 035/100
Quotable cards-Q2,Q5
Dome die-cuts-C8,C27
Die-cut material card-R7 187/200
Josh Carter/Rusty auto
Beth Broderick/Rose Twitchell auto

Odd how it ended at 81 cards, had to look it up to see if I was missing any cards!

30 extra base
Well, the next logical number would have been 90. 81 cards fit into exactly 9 x 9 pocket standard trading card pages Smile

Posts: 1530 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kind of threw me off too, as usually you get enough cards to do fill the complete page, back to back! I was also looking for the usual checklist card/s at the end, but just ended at card number 81, very odd indeed! Nice cards though, better look and feel than some other sets, that look like they were thrown together very quickly with very little thought or imagination!

Posts: 217 | Location: Where you can't find me!!!!!! | Registered: August 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by <<<<ALDO_NOVA>>>>:
Kind of threw me off too, as usually you get enough cards to do fill the complete page, back to back! I was also looking for the usual checklist card/s at the end, but just ended at card number 81, very odd indeed! Nice cards though, better look and feel than some other sets, that look like they were thrown together very quickly with very little thought or imagination!

When the 1st season of Under the Dome started it racked up big viewership numbers. Only it really wasn't supposed to be a first season, just a summer filler for a limited run covering a King novel. The network expanded the series and the storyline when it got big ratings.

Only thing is, trying to extend the plot just made the premise stupid and by the second season viewers lost interest. It got cancelled after the 3rd season.

RA needed to get the cards out fast to try to capitalize on the initial success, so maybe it was a bit rushed, but the autograph list was nice if you watched the show. No great actors in it if you didn't.

Now no one cares and I'm sure you can get bargain prices on all the RA Dome cards if you want them.

Posts: 10408 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was a big fan of the show, the introduction of Marge Helgenberger was a disaster though, as there were enough plot twists that she was not needed and the plot with her was not very well conceived!