Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    How the Grinch Stole Christmas Movie Cards (Comic Images)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How the Grinch Stole Christmas Movie Cards (Comic Images)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Dobby The House Elf
posted
I recently got a great deal on a hobby box of Grinch Movie cards.
This may be a discount box, but as far as what I got, it's the best box I've ever opened.

Box Details: 36 packs 10 cards pack 99 card set
This is what I got:

1 complete set 72 cards w/ Hobby puzzles #73-99 so, 1 complete 99 card set
1st Day 1:1 (34) should've gotten 36 see below (I also got the two I needed to finish my parallel set!)
Hobby Only Puzzle Cards 1:1 (34) should've gotten 36 see below
Then & Now 1:5 (7) 1 set plus 1 duplicate (this is how many I should've gotten)
Extreme Grinch 1:10 (3)(this is how many I should've gotten)
Checklists 1:15 (2) (this is how many I should've gotten)
Artist Autograph 1:35 (1) Jennifer White (1 auto per box, artists are the most common)
Key Costume Card 1:350 (1) CC2 Dance

Now, that would be a great box, with a great super hard pull, but I also pulled
what we used to call a "Hot Pack". It's a pack that consists of all inserts!
In that pack, this is what I got:

1 Artist Autograph (Unfortunately the same one I pulled in this box)
4 Checklists(complete set)
3 Extreme Grinch
2 Then & Now

There was no 1st day, or Hobby Puzzle in the costume pack or hotpack (but I'm not complaining!)

So, here is the actual box total with the Hot Pack included:

1st Day 1:1 (34)
Then & Now 1:5 (9) 1 set plus 3 duplicates
Extreme Grinch 1:10 (6) Missing EG1 with 1 duplicate
Checklists 1:15 (6) 1 set plus two duplicates
Artist Autograph 1:35 (2) Both Jennifer White
Key Costume Card 1:350 (1) CC2
1 complete set w/puzzles
1 set (72) missing 1 and third missing 11

**** My review of the set. The UV coating made a lot of the packs stick together.
I only had one pack where one of the cards surface was damaged due to the sticking.
I liked the look of the base set. I thought the Then and Now inserts were cool, but
the Extreme Grinch were not so cool. Because of the art cards in the set, I actually
found an Extreme Grinch and didn't pull it out because it looked just like any of
the other cards. I would've liked an actor autograph, but I know that without the
artist cards they couldn't have made one auto per box. At full retail price had I
gotten the expected break down I would've been bummed, but at a discount even without
the costume it would've been an okay purchase. If you can get one of the hobby boxes
for $15-$20 it should be worth the money for the fun of busting a box with a
guaranteed autograph. These are fun cards, and my daughter loved opening them with me.

http://www.geocities.com/race51fan/

[This message was edited by xSaBx on February 23, 2004 at 04:38 AM.]

Posts: 3469 | Location: The Cupboard Under The Stairs, 4 Privet Drive, Little Whinging, Surrey | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post