Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Walking Dead Evolution (Topps, 2017)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Walking Dead Evolution (Topps, 2017)
 Login/Join

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted
I've already got a box on order, but couldn't wait so picked up a blaster box at Walmart and 3 packs at Target.

Walmart Blaster Box - 60 cards plus 1 hit
35 base cards, 10 rust parallels
4 No Safe Haven
2 Adversaries
3 Walkers
1 Weapons
5 Allegiences (Walmart exclusive)
the hit: 1 Bat Card, BR-AF Abraham Ford

Target packs:
6 cards per pack 11 base, 3 parallel
1 Walker
1 Adversaries
1 No Safe Haven
1 In Memoriam (Target Exclusive)

Thoughts: A nice set covering all seasons of the show. Major cast have 2 or 3 cards to show how they changed over the years. The Walker cards are not just generic walkers, but major cast who had turned, such as Shane.

Bat relic cards have been around in baseball sets for years, these are "inspired" by Negan's bat Lucille. They are Walmart only.
Hoping for a good auto in my Hobby box, there are some big signers included in this set.

The Target In Memoriam chase set is still the best subset in the whole series. This set covers all the episodes, my In Memoriam was The Governor.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I like the fact that you can get decent trading cards at Walmart & Target

Posts: 12153 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
I agree with Hammer. That is nice. Walmart in Canada is hit or miss with the non-sport blaster boxes. Sometimes they have them and sometimes they don't.

I opened one hobby box:

1 base set
24 brown base set parallels
6 Adversaries
8 No Safe Haven
6 Walker
4 Weapons
Seth Gilliam as Father Gabriel autograph numbered 97/99
Nick Justus sketch card of a walker

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Got my box today, from Sunny Arizona. I had been tracking it and by all appearances it was to be delivered tomorrow, so a bit of a surprise to find my box on my doorstep. I have not always had good luck with Walking Dead hobby boxes, so I was hoping I'd get at least one autograph. Lots of cards per box, 24 packs with 8 cards per pack, so hoped for a full set too.

Here's what I got:
1 base set of 100 cards , 42 extras 24 rust parallels
4 of 12 Weapons
6 of 10 Walkers
8 of 9 No Safe Haven
6 of 12 Adversaries

Early into the box I got an auto, Jordan Woods-Robinson as Eric Raleigh 27/99
Then a few packs later, a second auto, Sarah Wayne Callies as Lori Grimes 33/50

Very happy to pull 2 autos, I really like the Lori Grimes one, I'm liking her role in The Long Road Home. Still need a few chase but very pleased with this box.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post