Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    LOTR Masterpieces 2 (Topps)
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LOTR Masterpieces 2 (Topps)
 Login/Join

Picture of Paradoc
posted Hide Post
First the bad news. I ordered 4 boxes from my local store. A certain adamantine supplier only got him one box. He then got me 2 boxes from another distributer.
My first box only had one sketch in it.
My second and third boxes both had the same Woodhouse helmeted orc.

Now the good news!
The first box had a nice Clay Mccormack Orc--the one who met the ships landing on the river. Clay only did 106 sketches, including his kept 6.

My second box had a nice Sam by Kyle Babbitt

My third box had card 1/4 of Kevin Doyle's 4-panel of Legolas.
And a Gold Arwen.

Overall, not too bad. I'd share if I could figure the scanner out.
Bob

Posts: 373 | Location: Memphis, TN USA | Registered: November 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
Actually, thats not bad if you think about it. only 13 of your 32 sketchs were .99 cent specials. a lot of people are averaging 8 of there 16 sketchs being thoes. but, you did pull some really nice color sketchs that sort of make up for it. ive seen a lot worse breaks then that. But as for coaliation and quality, i agree with you 100 percent. Your comment on being leary of prebuying products like this though, im not so sure about. I think topps is gonna see what this product is doing versus all the other sketch products they have done, and i think they will learn their lesson. I think this one just got away from em a little. i seriously doubt they will let something like this happen again in terms of repeat and quality control. They didnt get to be #1 by following bad product design with more of the same. They will see the problems with this set and fix it, im sure of it.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
OK my 1 box this time :

Etched Foil cards 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ( of 6 )
Silver Foil Art cards 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ( of 9 )
Bronze Foil Art cards 7 ( of 9 )

Sketches :

Actually I like this set - the base cards are more informative and the images as good as if not better than Masterpieces 1

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
Somehow I never posted my box-break.
I got 3 base sets (has never happened to me before), 1 etched-foil set (Russ Walks RULES!!! Thumb Up ), 1 silver-foil set and 1 bronze foil card.
Then I pulled 2 nice sketches, a Lurtz/Uruk-Hai by Mike Duron and the Master from Buffy by Woodside. Big Grin

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Thush
posted Hide Post
Got a single box with the following:

3 full Base sets
1 full set Foil Art cards
1 full set Etched-Foil Art cards
1 Bronze Foil Art card

Sketch 1:
Eowyn(?) by Tristan Henry-Wilson

Sketch 2:
Frodo and troll by Tony Perna

Very pleased with the Perna. I think I would have been happier with one sketch per box, so the artists could spend more time on fewer sketches.

Posts: 385 | Location: London, UK | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
The Perna is fantastic! Thumb Up

Is the guy/gal/whatever on your other card puking? Wink

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of alfster
posted Hide Post
Picked up one box. Seems the wholesaler are only allowing one box to the store I shop at.

One puzzel set, one bronze card and 9 silver foil.

Jon not sure which Jon it is.

I can't make out the name. Help?

Also I noticed the the base cards had crease damage

For without Blood there is no Power.
Where is my Power?.
My Power is with the Blood of Souls,
Flowing like a river into my veins giving me my Power.
I will not lose my Power until my Soul looses me.

A.S.

Posts: 167 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
The 2nd sketch is by Ingrid Hardy.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of alfster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Incarnadine:
The 2nd sketch is by Ingrid Hardy.

Thanks Incarnadine.

Where is my Power?.

A.S.

Posts: 167 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First sketch is Jon Morris.

Posts: 226 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of alfster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tevans333:
First sketch is Jon Morris.

Thanks tevans333

Where is my Power?.

A.S.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
congrats everyone, great breakdowns

My 2 boxes are coming to me very soon.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
Hi all - my 2 cases have finally made their way across the vast oceans to Australia. Results are:

- For the first time ever, I got a gold parallel (number 4, marked 69/90 if anyone is collecting these)
- The correct number of chase cards (though some of the set distribution was a little off)
- 32 sketches: scans of 18 are below. The ones not shown are:
-- 2 x Woodside
-- 2 x Gould (Nazgul, Gollum)
-- 1 x Tristan Henry-Wilson
-- 2 x Gerlach (identical helmet character - well done but previous scans)
-- 4 x Waterhouse (all smoking Gandalf)
-- 2 x Segowa (identical Witchking profile)
-- Shum Galadriel

Scanned sketches are (will add details as work out)

- Paul Gutierrez x 2 (406), Grima and Gorbag
- Jon Morris (306), Pippin with Palantir
- Stephanie Yu x 3 (???)

- Jamie Snell (456), Arwen
- Tess Fowler (356), Aragorn
- Jason Keith Phillips (606), Frodo
- Christian Dalla Vecchia x 2 (???)
- Davide Fabbri (???), Dead army soldier

- Sarah Wilkinson (306), Eowyn
- Taki Soma (106), Gollum
- Mary Huang (105), Gandalf
- Nick Neocleous (139), Faramir?
- Mark McHaley (156), Arwen
- Otto Dieffenbach (206), Aragorn?

I am happy with the cases, particularly the artist range. However, I really wanted scene sketches so they are all up for trade (though I might keep the Fabbri and the Gandalf).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tangent,

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
wow, great save on case 3 there. heck of a case!

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
No, there were only 2 cases. I just ordered the sketches for the scans because I was trying to work out the signatures.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hyperion
posted Hide Post
I finally got my three boxes:

All in all I am quite happy with my pulls, its just that on severeal of the cards there are a dark stripe probaly from packing-machines or something. It has somewhat ruined the overall quality of otherwise excellent sketches!

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: March 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HELLO,
I JUST GOT THESE 3 BEAUTIES IN THE MAIL FROM TOPPS.THEY SENT IT CERTIFIED AND TYPED A LETTER STATING THAT THEY COUL NOT PROCESS MY REQUEST FOR MISSING SKETCHES BECAUSE ALL REQUESTS REQUIRE (ALL THE WRAPPERS FROM THE BOX).THNAKFULLY THEY HAD A HIGHLITED STICKER SAYING "APPROVED ONE TIME FOR COURTESY" WOW.REALLY HAPPY WITH THESE AND WAY TO GO TOPPS.MY RESPECT IS INCREASING FOR THEM.ENJOY.TAKE CARE. [IMG:left] [/IMG] [IMG:left] [/IMG] [IMG:left] [/IMG] Bouncey

Posts: 15 | Location: Home | Registered: August 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2nd case

1 Gold Parallel
and the following sketches. Any help with missing info is appreciated.

Character: Statue w/Aragorn’s Broken Sword
Artist:Mary Huang

Character:
Artist:

Character: Gandalf
Artist: Kevin Doyle

Character: Gandalf
Artist: Rich Woodall

Character: Gollum
Artist: Mark Propst

Character:
Artist:

Character: Bilbo
Artist: Michael “Locoduck” Duron

Character:
Artist: Nicole Falk

Character:
Artist: Jon Morris

Character: King of the Dead
Artist: Grant Gould

Character: Bow and Arrow (I would guess Legolas’)
Artist: Tristan Henry-Wilson

Check-Out-My-Cards ID: BigI929Deals

Posts: 113 | Location: SW PA | Registered: January 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arc-trooper19374
posted Hide Post
Box breakdown for the 1 box I purchased,

Missing 1 copy of card 69 to make 3 full base sets.

9 Foil Art Cards but not a complete set, 2 copies of 9 of 9 no 8 of 9. Frown

1 Bronze Parallel, 1 of 9.

6 Etched-Foil Cards, 1 of 6 - 6 of 6, 3 of 6 is miscut and has 3 card thicknesses of excess down left hand side. Shake Head

2 Sketch Cards, Orc by Rich Woodall & Orc by James Bukauskas? Second sketch is unsigned so I'm not certain on artist but both are reasonable & definitely better than others seen on here.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: arc-trooper19374,

Posts: 19 | Location: Aldershot, Hampshire, England | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This product is complete and utter garbage. I bought 4 boxs for over two hundred dollars and got four helmut heads from Waterhouse. The exact same 10 second sketch I already bought on ebay for 99 cents. Out of the remaining four, two were quick sketchs by Woodside and Tristan, so I pretty much ended up with two decent sketches for over two hundred dollars.

I'm going to send my four helmuts back to Topps, since I definitly don't need them. They obviously think they're great, so its my opinion that we should all mail our numerous copies of these spectacular cards back to Topps to show our undying gratitude for their obvious devotion to customer satisfaction.

I'll post my two good sketchs latter when I feel better.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Scott Montgomery,

Posts: 26 | Location: Albuqueruqe NM | Registered: March 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post