Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    LOTR Masterpieces 2 (Topps)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LOTR Masterpieces 2 (Topps)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:

Is this part of a multi-panel? I'm not sure what it is.

I think its Saruman's black-ball thing. Sorry thats about as far as my LOTR lingo goes!

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I believe that is Sarumans future seeing ball...

The pilanthir I think it what it is called.

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Snap!

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
I could be mistaken, but it looks as if tevans33
scored the left hand portion of the Cooney montage I've got the centerpiece for. Care to trade?

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Results of our case break. We were lucky in that 2 boxes had 3 Sketch cards but 1 box only had 1 sketch.

I've identified the character and artist where I could, any help with the others would be greatly appreciated.

1st 6 scans

Character -
Artist - Otto Dieffenbach

Character - Gandolf
Artist - _____ Dalla Vecchia

Character –
Artist – Jamie Snell ???

Character – Frodo
Artist –

Characters –
Artist -

Character – Balrog
Artist –
The scan does not do this card justice – it’s magnificent.

Check-Out-My-Cards ID: BigI929Deals

Posts: 113 | Location: SW PA | Registered: January 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
2nd 6 scans

Character – Gollum ???
Artist –

Character – Frodo
Artist –

Character – Gollum
Artist – Tony Perna

Character –
Artist - Ramsey Sibaja (Raz) ??

Character/Object –
Artist – Jon Morris

Character – Gollum
Artist – Grant Gould

Posts: 113 | Location: SW PA | Registered: January 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
last 4 scans

Character – Gollum
Artist – Grant Gould

Character –
Artist - ________ Waterhouse ??
Got 2 of this card

Character – Frodo
Artist – Jon Morris

Character –
Artist – Steven Miller

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arvin Sloane:
I could be mistaken, but it looks as if tevans33
scored the left hand portion of the Cooney montage I've got the centerpiece for. Care to trade?

I noticed that too and was going to ask if you would part with yours, but after looking closer they do not match up Frown I guess he must have done a few similar ones.

Posts: 226 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:

Is this part of a multi-panel? I'm not sure what it is.

And to think, just yesterday someone posted a poll on 9card sketch panels and I said I loved them, now I get this!!!

Posts: 226 | Location: Michigan | Registered: September 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
Picture of Locoduck
posted Hide Post
I promise, I kept my big puzzles limited to one full color niner for this set. Wink

Posts: 8 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hyperion
posted Hide Post
Mdelbene:

I think that the third sketch (the Perna) in your second post with scans in fact is of a Moria orc and not Gollum! Actually I am pretty certain Smile You got some real nice sketches there, gratz Smile

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: March 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kjn
posted Hide Post
Mdelbene, I think your sketches from top to bottom appear to be:

Legolas
Gandalf
Gollum
Sam
Aragorn & Arwen
Balrog
Orc
Sam
Orc
Boromir
Sauron's Eye
Cave Troll
Orc
Orc
Frodo
Eowyn

But I could be wrong. If anyone thinks anything different post it up!

Posts: 1116 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kjn:
Mdelbene, I think your sketches from top to bottom appear to be:

Legolas
Gandalf
Gollum
Sam
Aragorn & Arwen
Balrog
Orc
Sam
Orc
Boromir
Sauron's Eye
Cave Troll
Orc
Orc
Frodo
Eowyn

But I could be wrong. If anyone thinks anything different post it up!

THanks for the help KJ

Mike

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Mike, a couple of your sketches need some more research, but here's some of the artists: First 6 #5, Chris Henderson and #6, Patrick Hamill. Second 6: #1 and #2, Brent Woodside and #4, Rich Molinelli (RAM).

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arc-trooper19374
posted Hide Post
From the scans I would think that they are

Legolas
Gandalf
Gollum or an Orc
Sam
Aragorn & Arwen in Rivendell
Balrog
Gollum or Orc
Sam
Orc (Grishnak?)
Boromir
Sauron's Tower (Baradhur) with Mount Doom in background
Gollum or Cave Troll
Gothmog (Orc Captain at Battle of Pelennor Fields)
Orc or Mountain Troll
Frodo
Eowyn

Hope this helps.

Posts: 19 | Location: Aldershot, Hampshire, England | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Locoduck:
I promise, I kept my big puzzles limited to one full color niner for this set. Wink

Hey Mike, I saw your Heroes multipanels and they were great! The nice thing about yours was that each card could stand on it own.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Patdata
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mdelbene:

Character – Balrog
Artist –

Hi, I am really glad to hear you liked this one. It was a bit of an experiment and I did a lot of the blending with my fingers (Hence the visible finger prints in your scan Razz). I did a couple like that and I think you pulled the most successful. One of my more quickly executed cards but hopefully it has kept some of the energy that way.

Posts: 1098 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patdata:
quote:

Character – Balrog
Artist –

Hi, I am really glad to hear you liked this one. It was a bit of an experiment and I did a lot of the blending with my fingers (Hence the visible finger prints in your scan Razz). I did a couple like that and I think you pulled the most successful. One of my more quickly executed cards but hopefully it has kept some of the energy that way.

That is a beatiful card Drool
Where in Northern Ireland are you? I am in the US, but work for a company in Antrim, I am lucky enough to vist once a year! I absolutly love it there Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
quote:

Character –
Artist – Steven Miller

What a superb case break! I would be well chuffed with all of those sketches Smile Cant wait to crack open the 2 I have on the way!

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, I got aruond to scanning my last 2 cases. Sketches look great Smile

Case 5