Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    LOTR Masterpieces 2 (Topps)
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LOTR Masterpieces 2 (Topps)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Byrne:
why do you keep chattin' then?

i'll ask my question again!
Did Kayanan "draw" for this too?

probably the same reason you do, well sorta anyway, see he called me out, and asked me in a sense to defend my position...but really, we gotta keep this on topic here, so lets just end this in the box breakdown, and keep the questions/comments on the product from this point on to the forum appropriate.

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
Well well well... My decision to buy 2 cases came after reading all the negativity thrown at this set, I did not feel compelled to change my mind and I went ahead and bought 2 cases... and I have just finished opening the first one and it IS THE BEST CASE I HAVE EVER OPENED IN MY ENTIRE LIFE.

I could not have been more happy with my pulls or the results for this case, I am going to start busting open the second in a few moments, but first to share the glory:

Box 1: (Oh, what a box to start with, I nearly had heart failure)

Box 2:

I need help identifying the card on the right, looks very much like Staggs but I know it isn't, is it a Sohn?!

Box 3:

Box 4:

Anyone know the artist on the left???

Box 5:

Box 6:

Box 7:

Need help with left hand card please Smile

Box 8:

I am going to start opening case 2 now, must say if my second case is full of helmet heads I would still be pleased with the overall results!

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice full color Molinelli!

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
Well its just gone passed 1am here, I couldnt wait until tomorrow to open the other case so I just did it now! I only opened the packs until I got the sketches so will open the rest tomorrow and post if I get any extra sketches or gold cards or 1/1's.... :P

Here are the 16 sketches in the order pulled:

Overall VERY happy with this case and my 2 cases have yielded more than I could ever expect. Now to save to buy more....

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
Bought 1 box today.

Got 1 sketch. Yes, just 1. To pour salt in the wounds, it is by far the worst sketch I have ever seen.

You cant even tell what the hell the artist was aiming for.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
Card dude,

Think your 2nd case is average but have to say the 1st one was fantastic!!!! Well done and congrats!

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted Hide Post
Here's my case break:

Box 1 & 2: Any one know the artist on the bottom right?

Box 3 & 4:

Box 5 & 6:

Box 7 & 8: Any one know the artist on the bottom right?

Posts: 348 | Location: La Palma, CA | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
a few hits:

[IMG]

Posts: 130 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
You gotta love 4 little hobbits rollin down a hill. Some great looking cards.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AJJ,

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
Its good to see theres actually good stuff comming out of these boxes.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of samauto
posted Hide Post
I love that Sauron Sketch Air.

Pete.

Posts: 504 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: July 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I opened 2 cases.
Here's case 1

Box 1: Woodside & Waterhouse
Box 2: Woodside & Patrick Hamill

Box 3: Woodside & Jim Kyle
I also pulled a Gold Parallel Gollum 27/90 from Box 3
Box 4: Waterhouse & Waterhouse

Box 5: Dalla Vecchia & Allison Sohn
Box 6: Tristan & Waterhouse

Box 7: Sarah Wilkinson & Clay McCormack
Box 8: Waterhouse & James Bukauskas

Posts: 7 | Location: Illinois | Registered: October 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Case 2
17 sketches from 15 different artists. 8b)

Box 1: Fabbri & Waterhouse
Box 2: Jason Keith Phillips & Nicole Falk

Box 3: Jim Kyle & Mark Propst
Box 4: Rich Molinelli & Clay McCormack & Jamie Snell Big Grin

Box 5: Woodside & Waterhouse
Box 6: Grant Gould & Leah Mangue

Box 7: Steve Oatney & Dalla Vecchia
Box 8: Woodside & Matthew Goodmanson

Posts: 7 | Location: Illinois | Registered: October 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Some nice sketches there Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
that 2nd case really made up for the first, great pulls!

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well here are my goodies from three cases. I left out the helmets and crappy orcs of the two W artists who I don't think I need to name. I had two boxes missing a sketch.

Bruce Gorlech Denethor
Bruce Gorlech Gimli
Jamie Snell Gollum
Kevin Graham Arwen
Christian Dalla Vecchia Cave Troll
David Fabbri Aragorn
Hamilton Cline Witch King
Matthew Goodmanson Lurtz
Jamie Snell Eowyn

??? Frodo/Sam in Orc Disguise
??? Aragorn
Rich Woodall Urak Hai
Rich Woodall Ringwraith
Rich Woodall ???
Rich Woodall Berserker Urak Hai
Josh Howard Gandalf
Josh Howard Gandalf
Howard Shum Gandalf

James "Bukshot" Bukachaus (I think) ???
??? ???
Rich Molinelli One Ring
Jim Kyle Rohan Flag
Doug Cowan Lurtz
Patrick Richardson Aragorn
Patrick Richardson Legolas
Jack Hai/ Jason Potratz Gollum
Jack Hai/ Jason Potratz Gimli

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
Sometimes duplication of artist is not a bad thing. Nice cases!! Thumb Up

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Well, this may add a bit of fuel to the fire, but this sealed case-break speaks for itself pretty clearly so I won't add my 2 cents, And while I prefer to remain positive, I honestly do welcome the snarky comments of anyone who wants to chime in!
(Here's one to get started: Maybe the Arwen at the bottom is crying because she knows "begun, the Gandalf Clone Wars have!")

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Um thats terrible. I am very sorry for you.

The Gandalfs are evrywhere.

Posts: 133 | Location: colorado | Registered: October 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
So, I had an idea that might make those Gandalf cards worth something!

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post