Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    LOTR Masterpieces 2 (Topps)
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LOTR Masterpieces 2 (Topps)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
I c 2 cases a while ago and never got around to posting my sketches. The base set is great, and I like the foils. I pulled some good ones and then I pulled alot of what everyone else did. I won't comment further on the sketches.

Here you go:

By cverdec at 2008-04-12

Waterhouse & Woodside Sketches:

By cverdec at 2008-04-12

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
I need help Identifying a character.

Who is the Character pictured in the bottom left corner?

http://twitter.com/MasterFreeza

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JoeyUK
posted Hide Post
That would be wormtounge as portrayed by the great Brad Dourif Smile

Posts: 460 | Location: West Yorkshire | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
I had this box for OTBD but didn't get round to posting it
2 sketches 1 Grant Gould troll/ orc in green
1 of Frodo don't know the artist
10 silver foil cards
1 bronze foil card
1 gold foil card (card 4 28/90)
6 of the picture cards (no set dup of #4)nice though
3 base sets
best box I have had in a while, and first gold para ever

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Pulled these two sketches from a box:

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Star*Mystyk
posted Hide Post
I completely missed this release, but if I can will get some boxes. I like Lord of the Rings sketch cards, still hoping to one day get one I've been after for a long time - since Evolution, anyway Smile

Posts: 3225 | Location: AU | Registered: June 05, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
My past few box results.

Randy Siplon - 106 "Wormtongue"
Jim Kyle - 585 "Wringwraith"
Lee Kohse - 206 "Legolas"
Jason Sobol - 356 "Gollum"
Grant Gould - 2006
Ryan Waterhouse - ? (x2)
Brent Woodside - 1306

http://twitter.com/MasterFreeza

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cee_Jay
posted Hide Post
As the set was released I bought two boxes and got the following:

-2 sets of the Silver Foil Art Cards
-2 sets of the Etched Foil Puzzle Cards
-2 Parallel Bronze Foils (Galadriel & Theoden)
-4 Sketch cards:
-> Pippin by Peter Lazarski
-> Gandalf by Josh Howard
-> Gothmog by Grant Gould

and this little gem:

Gollum by Jason Potratz and Jack Hai!!! Elephant The best sketch card I've ever pulled and probably will ever have. This card is really a masterpiece and looks better as many of the base set cards. The many details, the style, the colours are just fantastic!!!

Posts: 756 | Location: NRW, Germany | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
I was suffering from sketch withdrawal, so bought another case. Along with the various multiples of sketches other people have already posted, there were these 6 (artists and characters are best guess).

- Ecklund Aragorn
- Fowler Strider
- Fox Orc
- Gerlach Dead Soldier
- Propst Troll
- Pun Sam

Apart from feeding my addiction, I was really only expecting one keeper as I am much more narrow in what I am still looking for. I got two - the Fowler and Gerlach, so I am very happy.

Jen

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

Sorry to dig this up from the grave, but I truly don't know how to find fellow card traders anymore. Does anyone have any gold or refractor parallels from the Masterpieces sets to sell?

Posts: 2 | Location: Canada | Registered: August 30, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post