Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Avengers Series One, The (Strictly Ink)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Avengers Series One, The (Strictly Ink)
 Login/Join

Picture of Quaint1
posted
A bargain box, picked up at the Basildon show Sunday Sept 26th for £15

36 packs of 8 cards.
2 complete sets of base cards (100 per set)
74 'spare' base cards
1 complete set of 'foil' cards (12 per set - odds 1:3)
3 autograph ards - A4 (Jon Rollason), A6 (Rhonda Parker) and A7 (Brian Blessed Big Grin) - odds 1:12
A nice package - I have a mini-master (not including autographs) an autograph card by the loudest actor of the 20th century (and probably also of the 21st century! Big Grin) and a spare set of base cards to trade/eBay.
Au Res.,
Paul

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
I managed to get 2 boxes at £10 each, which yielded the following:-

4 complete basic sets
2 foil chase sets.
6 autograph cards - Honor Blackman Bouncey,Rhonda, Julie Stevens, Bernard Cribbins, Philip Madoc, Elizabeth Shepherd.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:
I managed to get 2 boxes at £10 each, which yielded the following:-

4 complete basic sets
2 foil chase sets.
6 autograph cards - Honor Blackman Bouncey,Rhonda, Julie Stevens, Bernard Cribbins, Philip Madoc, Elizabeth Shepherd.

Bargain Thumb Up

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
I'll say that was a bargain. I needed some card therapy due to an ongoing tense family situation so visited a well known UK site that has a sale on.

Bought 2 boxes of The Avengers Definitive Trading Card Collection Series One (to give it it's full title) for £19.99 each. I thought that was a good deal till I came to post my pulls and read the above.

Anyway, I was hoping to get one of the big three autos Patric MacNee, Honor Blackman, Linda Thorson plus a Bernard Cribbins as I have been a fan of his for longer than I care to remember.
Here's what I pulled.
Box #2733
A3 ELIZABETH SHEPHERD
A4 JON ROLLASON
A5 JULIE STEVENS

Box #2736
A3 ELIZABETH SHEPHERD ( will trade for a Bernard Cribbins)
A7 BRIAN BLESSED ( cool, saw him in Chitty in London)
A8 Ray Brooks

Managed 4 complete base sets and 2 complete chase sets.

Not the results I'd hoped for but a fine set, looking forward to sitting down to read the backs.
I had a Diverting couple of hours cracking & collating.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
I managed to get yet another 2 boxes at £10 each, which yielded the following:-

4 complete basic sets
2 foil chase sets.
6 autograph cards - Patrick Macnee Elephant Elephant ,Rhonda Parker, Julie Stevens(x2), Philip Madoc & Ray Brooks

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
Congrats on pulling the Patrick Macnee. You've got style - like Steed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
I paid a tad for my box!

Box # 2573

2 base sets
(1) 15 foil card set
3 autos: A3 Elizabeth Shepherd as first Emma Peel, A8 Ray Brooks Kyle Farrington, A10 Bernard Cribbins as Bradley Marler

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your box break Silverback! Thumb Up

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Nice auto's Thumb Up

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post