Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Buffy Evolution (Inkworks)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buffy Evolution (Inkworks)
 Login/Join

Picture of Martine
posted
Just went through a box yesterday, and it was an odd one!

Base set: none complete Red Face
Refractor foil parallel: 42 cards
Portrait (foil-etched): PT1, PT9
Box loader: BL1

This set is great, but... I am wondering what kind of box I got! I am missing 18 base card to complete one set, and another 20 to complete a second one. Now, I'm not sure if it was possible to get 2 base sets out of one box, but mine didn't even have one!

Also, the odds for the refractor foil parallel were approximately 1:1 pack, which should have made a total of approximately 24 cards. Somehow, I ended up with 42 of them! And many duplicates. Several packs contained 2 or 3 parallel cards.

I am hoping Inkworks still has some of those cards available, since they guaranteed at least one complete set per box. And this was a sealed box, so I really wonder what happened!

Did anyone run into this situation with this set?

Wave

Posts: 407 | Location: South Texas, USA | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, 18 cards short of a base set and 18 extra refractors. Possibly your refractors match up with the missing cards.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of angelchick182
posted Hide Post
Very strange indeed. This release just pre-dated my entry into the non-sport hobby, so I haven't opened any Evolution. But, that's probably one of the oddest collations on an Inkworks product that I've ever heard. But I'm sure they'll be able to help you.

Posts: 1681 | Location: Nashville, TN, USA | Registered: July 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Kristina
posted Hide Post
Martine- if you let me know what commons you are missing, I'll check to see if I have them (don't even remember if I have any extras though...) since I am going home at the end of the week...
Smile
Kristina
ange1gr1@hotmail.com

Posts: 1477 | Location: NY | Registered: August 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Martine
posted Hide Post
Kristina - I still need to e-mail Inkworks first (still haven't gotten around to it) to see if they can send me the missing cards. I'll let you know, though. Thank you Smile

Wave

Posts: 407 | Location: South Texas, USA | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Frown

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sci-fi guy,

Posts: 537 | Location: Canada | Registered: November 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's what came out of my box!

1 full set of 50 cards!

43 extras

24 refractor cards

3 portrait cards

Posts: 125 | Location: canada | Registered: January 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of SciFiMom
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3953 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: March 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
LOL, i love your signature line Tucker!

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of <<<<ALDO_NOVA>>>>
posted Hide Post
In one of my boxes all the cards in one of the packs were refracters.

Posts: 217 | Location: Where you can't find me!!!!!! | Registered: August 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post