Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Classic Vintage Movie Posters 2009 (Breygent)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Classic Vintage Movie Posters 2009 (Breygent)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
Here's my two box break. I was hoping for a Babe Ruth bat, Alfalfa boxing glove, or Buckwheat tie.

1st box:

Karl Malden grey fedora hat from Streets of San Francisco
Lucille Ball faux leopard coat from Lucy Show

2nd box:

Audrey Hepburn faux leopard hat from Charade
Babe Ruth bat

Posts: 649 | Location: California | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thats a very small piece of bat.How is it mounted on the card?

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rl75:

2nd box:

Where did you Charade from? Smile
It says Sabrina at the top of the card.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
quote:

2nd box:

Where did you Charade from? Smile
It says Sabrina at the top of the card.

It says it's from Charade on the back.

Posts: 649 | Location: California | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:

It's actually a little larger than it looks because it's pretty thick.
It's not mounted. It's floating around in a slot with a piece of plastic on top. It's very similar to the way Breygent did the Wizard of Oz props

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
It says it's from Charade on the back.

Really? How strange! I wonder why they put Sabrina images on the card for a costume from Charade.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:

It's actually a little larger than it looks because it's pretty thick.
It's not mounted. It's floating around in a slot with a piece of plastic on top. It's very similar to the way Breygent did the Wizard of Oz props

And the 3 Stooges deskplate prop. Made it tough to scan properly. lol

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I got my box a couple days late for OTB but it was worth the wait...

Box 2801 of 3000

1 base set
Comedy - VC1, VC2, VC9
Monsters - VM1, VM8, VM9
Stars - VS6, VS7, VS8
Costume Card - VB1 Buckwheat's Tie
Costume Card - VT1 Lucille Ball's Coat
Cut Autograph Card - VCSZM #3 of 11 Zeppo Marx Smile

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Got my box yesterday, one mailday too late for Open that Box Day

Box No 2635 of 3000

1 base set of 72 cards, plus 61 extras
The base set is divided into 3 groups, Stars, Monsters ans Comedy. Images are clear and colorful, no sparkles this time, a great base set - read the backs, some very interesting tidbits of information

9 foils, three subsets, Stars, Monsters and Comedy. Not a puzzle, just holofoil posters of various films. I got 1, 8 and 9 of all three subsets.

2 Relics
VB1 - Buckwheat's Tie (same as Greg's card above)
VL 1 - Bruce Lee's Suspenders

No auto or sketch.
Overall a great set, and I want to get some more!

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I asked Tom at Breygent why some costume cards did not match the movie on the front.

From Tom, "we don’t have the rights to that poster but were lucky enough to have the rights to the one we used and also the costume we acquired".

I think they did a great job in matching the actors with the material. It's like getting two for one. This is another great release from Breygent!

Posts: 146 | Location: San Diego | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm dying to buy a box, but I'm afraid to buy any from stores I'm not familiar with because I'm afraid they search them for the cuts. Did they fix the cuts' "searchability"? I know Tom said they were trying to combat that this time around.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Ted, go ahead and buy some loose packs - of the two relic cards I got, the Bruce Lees suspenders cqme in a thick card, when I picked up the pack I could feel something special was in there. However, the Buckwheat Tie card is no thicker than a normal card.
I imagine the sketches and cut autos are not especially thick either.
Good luck!

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Amazing Zeppo pull! I'm awaiting my box in the mail and have my fingers crossed for an autograph. Smile

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ted,

I'll echo what Don said about the costume cards, The Lucy card
is pretty thick and you could tell by the feel of the pack but the
Buckwheat card is nearly normal size. As for the cut auto, I
couldn't tell it was in there until I took the cards out of the
pack as it is nearly normal size as well. It was very much a
surprise. This is a very nice set and, like Don, I want to
get some more, too!

Greg

Posts: 1357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello All,
I am a new member to the forum, but not new to collecting. I am mostly a sports card (baseball and football) box/case buyer. However each year I purchase a case of the latest offering from Breygent. These are usually the most fun breaks and I enjoy the cards more than the sport counterpart. I busted my case yesterday of the new Classic Vintage Movie Posters. The cards are very nice and the relics are extremely well done. I would like to say that I enjoy getting cut signatures from Breygent over any of the other companies. The main reason is Breygent doesn’t cut the signature up to fit the card, they take the time to fit the card to the signature.
I know someone had concerns with dealers or others “cherry picking” the cuts. The case I opened had two decoy type top loaders with promo cards inside two different boxes. The cut I pulled, Jimmy Stewart 1 of 8, was a regular size card inside of a pack. Some of the relics are thicker than others but a lot of them are no thicker than normal. The decoys and non-thick relics is a very good deterrent to those that feel the need to cheat.
Once again Breygent offers a great product and a nice change of pace for an outstanding price.

Later Gang

Posts: 12 | Location: NC | Registered: April 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cool, thanks guys! Now let's see, who to order from... Smile

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forums Submarine Shane! Wave

Thanks for the info, and congrats on the fantastic pulls! Thumb Up

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Just got my box today!

Relic cards:
- Lucille Ball faux leopard coat from Lucy Show
- Clark Gable khaki shirt from Abercrombie & Fitch

No auto or sketch.

For some reason, I only got 8 foil cards from my box.

I was quite surprised to find out that Abercrombie & Fitch started out making safari and expedition clothing back in 1862! SO, not only are cards fun to collect, but can also be educational!!!

I'm temped to get another box...

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mintoncard:
Just got my box today!

Relic cards:
- Lucille Ball faux leopard coat from Lucy Show
- Clark Gable khaki shirt from Abercrombie & Fitch

No auto or sketch.

For some reason, I only got 8 foil cards from my box.

I was quite surprised to find out that Abercrombie & Fitch started out making safari and expedition clothing back in 1862! SO, not only are cards fun to collect, but can also be educational!!!

I'm temped to get another box...

I'm tempted to get another pair of khaki shorts. Big Grin

Congratulations... Clark Gable has always been one of my favs. Thumb Up

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Stated odds on foil chase cards is 6 per box and we put 8-9 in each so getting 8 is still a bonus as per stated odds

Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post