Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Classic Vintage Movie Posters 2009 (Breygent)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Classic Vintage Movie Posters 2009 (Breygent)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Breygent Marketing:
Stated odds on foil chase cards is 6 per box and we put 8-9 in each so getting 8 is still a bonus as per stated odds

Tom

OMG... it's like Big Brother is watching the breakdowns! Yikes!!! Eek

Kidding aside, thank you for correcting me on the stated odds. While I have your ear... I like the new set, but I kinda miss the "sparkle-magic" on the front of series 1. Was it a cost decision not to put it on series 2? Just curious.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:

I'm tempted to get another pair of khaki shorts. Big Grin

Mmmmm.... khaki shorts .... Drool

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
I opened two boxes of this release yesterday, as follows:

(Box # 264)
Stars - VS6, VS7, VS8
Monsters - VM1, VM2
Comedy - VC1, VC2, VC3
Memorabilia - VT1 (Lucille Ball's fur coat), VJ1 (John Wayne's scarf)
Autograph - none
Sketch - none

(Box #2808)
Stars - VS6, VS7, VS8 Frown (all duplicates from prior box)
Monsters - VM6, VM7, VM8
Comedy - VC6, VC7, VC8
Memorabilia - VC1 (Gary Cooper's military uniform), VD1 (Doris Day's gloves)
Autograph - none
Sketch - none

The duplicate chase in the second box was kind of a bummer, but getting more inserts than stated in both boxes was rather nice. I also found it odd that I got the same 3-number sets of inserts in the second box (all 6-7-8). Odd...

Overall, a nice looking set, and the card backs are very informative, if somewhat hard to read due to the tiny print (darn these old eyes...). I also like the memorabilia cards. I will definitely have to get some more of these packs!

Posts: 1457 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
We didnt do glitter on this series as i try to make each series of cards we do a little different wheter it is the chase,card set,costumes etc Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Will not odd on chase you got as there are 12 boxes to a case and certain boxes within that case will have the same run of chase.most cases yeild 108 chase cards and that would make 12 chase sets.on average 3 of each set
Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:
We didnt do glitter on this series as i try to make each series of cards we do a little different wheter it is the chase,card set,costumes etc Tom

Understood.

I like that the foil cards have more in-depth information on the backs. Also, I like the choice for the Planet of the Apes poster. I had not seen that particular Italian version before.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
quote:
Will not odd on chase you got as there are 12 boxes to a case and certain boxes within that case will have the same run of chase.most cases yeild 108 chase cards and that would make 12 chase sets.on average 3 of each set
Tom

I wasn't complaining about anything. I just found it interesting that I happened to get the 6-7-8 of each chase set in one box. I also appreciate that your actual insertion ratio is higher than what was stated on the packs and boxes. While I expected to receive 6 insert cards in a sealed box, I certainly was NOT disappointed to find 8. Now, if the ratio had been stated as 8 to a box, and only 6 were included consistently across all boxes, then people would probably get a little upset.

Thanks for yet another great release ! Thumb Up

Posts: 1457 | Location: Prairieville, LA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Although not a "breakdown", I received my Movie Posters II binder today. It contained two binder exclusive cards. I noticed BOTH were identically numbered (#107/500). I had no idea that the binder cards were going to be numbered! Very cool.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I pretty much got what Greg above got (Buckwheat Tie & Lucy Coat), but no
Zeppo autograph of course.

Another beautiful set from Breygent, but I would've like the sparkly effect of the previous series on these, too. I appreciate Tom trying to mix things up from series to series, but the effect on those cards was magnificent, so I think an encore would not be out of order. Maybe next time.

As for breakdowns, I made one base set, came pretty close to a second, and have a few tripls left over besides. I got the 8 or so insert cards.

No sketch or autos for me this time, but I did get one of the "decoy" oversized promos from the 2006 set, which was cool since I didn't have it already.

If you love the classic Universal Monsters or the Marx Brothers (like I do!) this set is loaded with them.

Nice job, Breygent, keep 'em coming!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey All,
I went by the shop today and ripped into another half case (6 boxes) of this product. I was hoping to finish my set of relics, but no such luck. I did get a few nice extra relics to put aside…John Wayne, Bruce Lee, etc. I also hit the cut signature from the case. It is approx. 3x5 (it was in the box bottom) and features Bob Steele 9/10. I think this is going to do it for me. I am happy overall with the product and as I mentioned above my case from last week was very nice too.

Later Gang.

Posts: 12 | Location: NC | Registered: April 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I pulled a Babe Ruth bat in my last two box break, and this time was hoping for the two Little Rascals material cards.

Box 1:

Buckwheat tie
Alfalfa boxing gloves used in the Our Gang short productions.

I got the two I wanted in the same box!!!

Box 2:

Buckwheat tie
Gary Cooper military leggings used in Sergeant York.

Posts: 649 | Location: California | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
Oh dear....."Gary Copper"?

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Nice pulls, rl75! Getting two Little Rascals cards in one box! I am jealous.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Yikes!

That misspelling on the COOPER card is pretty bad.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jane:

Oh lord! Big Grin It's one of the only two cards I've bought of this set and I didn't notice that! lol

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Oh lord! Big Grin It's one of the only two cards I've bought of this set and I didn't notice that! lol

Now it's worthless! Razz
No one cares about a swatch from Gary Copper!

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mintoncard:
quote:
quote:

Now it's worthless! Razz
No one cares about a swatch from Gary Copper!

A Gary Copper penny saved is a Gary Copper penny earned.

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Anyone come across a variant of the Karl Malden Fedora Hat? I have one that is on Very Thick Card Stock and one that is on Very Thin card. The Thin one's Hat is Black. I'm trying to make Lucille Ball's coat up as I got FIVE pieces from my case!!!

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
thin was only 88 pieces made-
lucy was a coat and was the most made

Tom

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
thin was only 88 pieces made-
lucy was a coat and was the most made

Tom
Only joking about the coat Tom, it's always cold in the U.K. so a nice coat always comes in handy.

I managed to pull a Boris Karloff cut signature(2 of 3) from my case, VERY VERY NICE INDEED. I think the base cards are some of the best I've seen in a long time.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post