Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars Galactic Files Series 2 (Topps, 2013)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Galactic Files Series 2 (Topps, 2013)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
quote:
Were they advertised as props?

No, my point was for $100 I felt I received little value. It would have been more valuable if they were prop cards. When I pre-ordered my boxes I knew what the box break was I was just expecting a little better sketch. Looking at the case breaks you guys got some really good sketches but also to be fair some real stinkers.

Gotcha.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
2 nice Boxes:

Box 1, sketch by Lak Lim

Box 2, sketch by Wayne Barnes

Posts: 188 | Location: Finland | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Nice boxes, Salama!
I was glad to get a Stormtrooper by Wayne Barnes and an Aayla Secura by Lak Lim in my boxes. Both artists did nice work for this series, and we can each personally attest to that.

Here's one more box for me, number 7 overall:

A nice color sketch of Hem Dzon, a spice (the crack cocaine of the Star Wars universe) addicted nogoodnik seen in the Cantina scene in the original Star Wars and the Tim Rose Admiral Ackbar autograph. I prefer autographs to medallions (even though those are nice), and so far I've got 5 autos (including a dual) from 7 boxes, and the two medallions I did get were Luke and Leia. Not too shabby!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salama
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Nice boxes, Salama!
I was glad to get a Stormtrooper by Wayne Barnes and an Aayla Secura by Lak Lim in my boxes. Both artists did nice work for this series, and we can each personally attest to that.

Glad You liked them, Yes I did too. These guys did good work. Chess, You got some nice sketches. Maybe Topps should give the artists more time and reduce the quantity of sketch cards done so we could see more quality sketches, I dont know.

Posts: 188 | Location: Finland | Registered: November 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've started to collect/complete the medallion cards and was wondering why some go for upwards of $50? I would assume Topps would produce these in equal quantities. Also was wondering why the base set variations. Is there a list of these somewhere, were they all pack inserted?

Thanks!

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've started to collect/complete the medallion cards and was wondering why some go for upwards of $50? I would assume Topps would produce these in equal quantities. Also was wondering why the base set variations. Is there a list of these somewhere, were they all pack inserted?

Thanks!

Base variations are #463, 481 and 510.

As with the patch cards from the previous GF set, all the medallions themselves are printed in equal quantities. These medallions are spread across anywhere from 1-4 cards. To make it a little more complicated, I was told by someone at Topps that the medallions were not necessarily spread equally. One in a group might be very tough compared to others with the same medallion. My guess is that the ones that are running more are the rarer ones (though an official list hasn't been confirmed that I know of).

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
Some of the ones I've heard are rare are the Han Carbonite Falcon, Amidala royal starship, Veers AT-AT sells well...

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of LUZNDAVE
posted Hide Post
Heres my 2 box break:

Each Box had 1 Red and 9 Blue. Anyone know the artist of the Yoda sketch?

Posts: 348 | Location: La Palma, CA | Registered: January 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
You pulled a very cool printing plate. Willrow Hood is known as the Ice Cream Maker guy, and he even has his own action figure.

Wish I knew the Yoda artist.

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RedFive:
You pulled a very cool printing plate. Willrow Hood is known as the Ice Cream Maker guy, and he even has his own action figure.

Nice hit with the willrow hood plate!

Posts: 40 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: August 28, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SecretAudioClub:
quote:
Originally posted by RedFive:

Nice hit with the willrow hood plate!

When I ran Crossfire Comics, we had the action figure of this guy by the cash register. Everyone called him, Renardo. It is strange that we all had a blast with him. Awesome plate!

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Picked up four random packs today.

1 blue parallel
3 Honor the Fallen
1 Boba Fett sketch
1 Peter Mayhew auto

Go figure!!! Dance

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Nice!!! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
I was an artist on Galactic Files 2 and received by complimentary box today. Got a pretty nice Jeremy Scott Bib Fortuna sketch, but only a base auto. No golds, medallions, printing plates, only 1 red foil card.

On the plus side, I got my 9 artist proofs back, so not a total let down!

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Opened 8 more boxes:

Sketches
Jason Hughes, Chris Raimo, Joe Hogan
Kimberly Dunaway, Niall Westerfield?, Lance Sawyer
Chad McCown, David Green, Mike Hampton

Autos
Tom Kane (Yoda - Clone Wars)
Jett Lucas (Zett Jukassa)
Kenneth Colley (Capt. Piett)

Medallions
MD-16 (R5-D4, Sandcrawler)
MD-19 (Luke, Landspeeder)
MD-22 (Tie Fighter Pilot)
MD-23 (Vader, Star Destroyer)

Printing Plates
Card #477 (Tiree) Yellow

Parallels
7 Red
3 Gold
and a bunch of blues Smile

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do Medallions come in gold? I'v seen some eBay scans that could be gold but can't be sure.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do Medallions come in gold? I'v seen some eBay scans that could be gold but can't be sure.

I don't think so. All of the ones I've pulled have been silver.

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
One box.

Medallion card MD-11 (AT-AT Driver)

Greedo by Shaun Stroup

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here are the results of 2 more cases and 4 loose boxes recently opened:

Case1:

Elfie Lebouleux / Ian Yoshio Roberts / Erik Maell
Michael "Sugar fueled" Banks / Lord Mesa
Golds 464 (10/10), 559 (10/10), 512 (06/10)

Christian Slade / Mark Evans / Monte Moore
David Green / ??? / Dennis Budd
Eric Lehtonen / Gold 647 (05/10)

Case2:

Ingrid Hardy / Gavin Hunt / Russ Maheras
Matt Hebb / Robert Hendrickson / Greg Lipton

Bruce Gerlach / Brian Kong / Lee Lightfoot
John P Wales / Brett Farr
John Soukup

Brown Auto / 451 Merumeru Yellow Plate / 486 R2-D2 Cyan Plate
Parsons Auto / Harris Auto / Logan Auto
Golds 513 (05/10), 645 (04/10), 440 (07/10)

4 Loose Boxes:

Mike "Locoduck" Duron / Lark Sudol
"DOZ" (?) / Brent Engstrom / Matte Chero

Also got 2 Golds out of these 4 loose boxes: 515 R2-D2 (06/10) & 573 Katooni (10/10!)

Posts: 55 | Location: North Wales | Registered: December 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Really nice autographs in the first case, for sure. The Jones, Fisher, and Dual are among the best I've seen from a single case. There was one I saw that had the Luke and the Leia singles, but that might've been a previous series I'm thinking of, GF1 or Jedi Legacy).

Maybe you got one or two of those high end autographs instead of the printing plate or two that come in most cases.

Anyway, congrats!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post