Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Army of Darkness (Dynamic Forces)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Army of Darkness (Dynamic Forces)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
So, here I am opening my first ever Army of Darkness box, just casually opening my packs when, what's this? 3 autos in the same pack! Bruce Thomas, Ian Abercrombie & Richard Grove Smokin'

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
here is the final tally:

box loader

2 glow in the dark inserts (1/6 & 5/6)

4 autos Big Grin Richard Grove, Ian Abercrombie, James Kuhoric & Bruce Thomas

2 sketches (both cards by same artist, but not sure who it is)

I haven't sorted the base cards yet, but obviously I am missing #23. (anybody have any to trade? Wink )

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
forgot the pics!

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Miss Lizzy, card #23 was not included in boxes. They realized the mistake and printed the card separately, and sent packets of them to dealers who ordered boxes, to give to collectors.
My dealer got the packet of cards, but there was no explanation along with them, and the image on that card is pretty ugly, so he just threw them away.

You can still find the card if you look around, I had to buy mine from a mail order seller.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
Miss Lizzy, card #23 was not included in boxes. They realized the mistake and printed the card separately, and sent packets of them to dealers who ordered boxes, to give to collectors.
My dealer got the packet of cards, but there was no explanation along with them, and the image on that card is pretty ugly, so he just threw them away.

You can still find the card if you look around, I had to buy mine from a mail order seller.

Yeah, I realized after I had bought the box and was looking at this thread that there would not be a 23 in my box. I looked on eBay, but I didn't see any of that card there, and I don't think DF is going to have any more to give out. I was hoping that someone here could help me. Do you know if the seller you bought from still has some?

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Lizzy, I think I got them from Klaatu Collectibles, but it was quite a while ago.
If I see one at the Chicago Show tomorrow, I'll pick one up, but these might be hard to find now.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lizzy, I think I got them from Klaatu Collectibles, but it was quite a while ago.
If I see one at the Chicago Show tomorrow, I'll pick one up, but these might be hard to find now.

I was able to contact DF (emailed Brian Hofacker), and they are going to send me some. I really didn't think they would still have any. Thank you so much for your help and the offer! Smile

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
You're welcome Lizzy. I had tried getting these cards through DF also. They never sent them, so that's why I bought them from the mail order place.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Well, that's discouraging. He said that they will be sent out on Monday. I will post here again whether or not they show up.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
My #23s showed up today! Five of 'em. Smile

posted Hide Post
i jsut bought three boxes
box one
one sketch
glow cards # 5 and 6
Richard grove auto purple ink grinning 376/525
J scott campbell auto red ink 167/300

Box 2
3 auto in one pack
Richard grove open mouth 136/525
Ian Abercrombie 162/300
Bruce Thomas 329/575

glow cards 1 and 2
jim Kuhoric 92/275
sketch card

box 3
glow cards 1 and 2
2 sketch cards
Richard Grove auto 117/300
Greg Land auto blue ink 191/300 very happy with the greg land auto

Now i just have to try and get card # 23

Posts: 230 | Location: pa | Registered: March 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of zhamlau
posted Hide Post
neat, got any pics of the sketchs?

Posts: 1882 | Location: michigan | Registered: September 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Opened 3 boxes today:

12 Autos ( Eek )
4 Sketch Cards (not sure on the artists)
~see pic~

6 Glow-in-the-Dark cards (2 #2s, 1 #3, 3 #4s)
3 Box Toppers (of course)

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
I still need Glow-in-the-Dark Insert #6.

Anybody got one to trade? Smile

Picture of Andrew H.
posted Hide Post
Miss Lizzy, I got an extra 6 if you'd like it.

3 Box Breakdown:

Complete(?) Base Sets: 8 (plus extras)
Box Toppers: 3
Glow-in-the-Dark Chase Cards: 6 – 1, 2, 3 (2), 6 (2)
Sketch Cards: 5 – unknown artists
Autographs: 7 – Ian Abercrombie (2), James Kuhoric (3), Bruce Thomas, Tim Seeley

http://www.whodidthewhatnow.com

Posts: 66 | Location: Lodi, NY | Registered: June 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andrew H.:
Miss Lizzy, I got an extra 6 if you'd like it.

Yes I would like it very much. Big Grin
Do you have a want list?

Picture of Andrew H.
posted Hide Post
No, I don't even know what my collecting interest is right now beyond having fun opening boxes and sharing them and other articles I write on my blog. Shoot me your address to andrew AT whodidthewhatnow.com

I'll mail it out to ya, no trade necessary. Smile

http://www.whodidthewhatnow.com

Posts: 66 | Location: Lodi, NY | Registered: June 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Email sent! You are very generous, but I must insist on sending you some promos or something so make sure to email me your address!

Thank you!! Big Grin

Picture of siddarth
posted Hide Post
Resurrecting this thread from the dead. Big Grin

Opened two boxes of these earlier today. I also did the 3 autos in a pack pull; Bruce Thomas (Purple 183/1550), Ian Ambercrombie (Blue 5/250) & Richard Grove (Blue 262/300).

Here's the breakdown from the two boxes:

2x Box Topper
3x Artist Sigs - James Kuhoric likes to add a little extra to his..."Come get some"
2x Sketch
4x Actor Auto
4x Glow-in-the-dark cards

Not bad for two boxes. Plus the seller sent along 3 #23s but I think I have around 5-6 sets.

quote:

Does anyone know if Klaatu is still active. I live in NC and tried contacting him several times with no luck.

Also, anyone know if the AOD album is still available from Dynamic?

Posts: 48 | Location: NC | Registered: August 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
I am on the mailing list for Klaatu, and it seems they are liquidating everything. I think they are going out of business.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post