Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Spider-Man 3 (Rittenhouse Archives)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spider-Man 3 (Rittenhouse Archives)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
well, my case break just got really depressing, really quickly. Out of the next three boxes I pulled 3 more Violinists, 2 more Garbage Men, and Lucy Lawless as Punk Rock Girl. Guess that means no Tobey in my case. Makes opening the rest kind of lame Frown

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of kbmum
posted Hide Post
You've opened only five out of 12 boxes. Yes, the repeats stink, but why do you think that opening the rest of the boxes is lame? You might have great luck!

Posts: 1062 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi_Collector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bryan Shaffer:
Here is my question. I put together a base set now, there is only ONE card that has Venom on it, and he is in the background and you can barely make him out. Also, there isn't a single image from the final fight in the set...anyone think they might release and Update? I mean they sold out of this set and even increased the production and still sold out. What does everyone think?

Sorry for Rittenhouse has never issued an update to a set. So I doubt they will start now.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
you are right Kbmum...It was just that initial bumbed out feeling I got and decided to post. Here is how 10/12 boxes have gone so far:

James Franco as Harry Osborn (Limited) x1
Willem Dafoe as Norman Osborn (Limited) x2
J.K. Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson x1
Lucy Lawless as Punk Rock Girl (Very Limited) x1
Dylan Baker as Dr. Connors x1
Bill Nunn as Joseph Robertson x1
Elizabeth Banks as Betty Brant (Limited) x1
Jayce Bartok as Subway Guitarist x2
Brent Briscoe as Garbage Man x4
Mageina Tovah as Ursula x2 (one of which is the Bunny variant)
Aasif Madvi as Mr. Aziz x1
Stan Lee as Innocent Bystander x1
Larry Joshua as Wrestling Promoter x1
Jack Betts as Henry Balkan x1
Elyse Dinh as Violinist x4

I have had three boxes with three autos in them...one of them had the second Willem Dafoe in it. I have two more boxes left, maybe RA messed up big time and gave me two very limited's! (lol, yeah right). I am going to open those with my father tonight. I am keeping 1 Dafoe, Franco, Simmons, and Baker...but the rest are for trade.

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of clearblue
posted Hide Post
I had my two boxes delivered to me today and I got the following:

Box #1:
A5, B6, G5, S1, V4
Joe Manganiello as Flash Thompson auto
Stan Lee auto

Box #2:
A2, B2, G3, S1, V1
Jayce Bartok as Subway Guitarist auto
Elizabeth Banks as Betty Brant auto (Limited)

I'm pretty content with my two boxes. It woulda been cool to get a Very Limited autograph, but I am more than happy with the Banks and Stan Lee autographs. Good stuff!

Posts: 366 | Location: Richmond | Registered: May 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi_Collector:
quote:
Originally posted by Bryan Shaffer:
Here is my question. I put together a base set now, there is only ONE card that has Venom on it, and he is in the background and you can barely make him out. Also, there isn't a single image from the final fight in the set...anyone think they might release and Update? I mean they sold out of this set and even increased the production and still sold out. What does everyone think?

Sorry for Rittenhouse has never issued an update to a set. So I doubt they will start now.

They've never made an update set, but they have made EXPANSION sets.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CaptainMal
posted Hide Post
Fingers crossed you get the Tobey auto Bryan, non the less you have done really good with your case so far. You may even have an unmarked archive box which would be lucky.

Posts: 1093 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
the last two boxes were opened last night (sorry for the delay) I pulled another Ursula Bunny Variant, another Stan Lee, another Henry Balkman, and a Flash Thompson.

I am happy with my case, I was able to pull the four autos I wanted other than the Tobey and the duplicate of Dafoe was a nice suprise. So I ended up with:

1 Very Limited
4 Limited
22 Normal Autos

I am only missing three autos from a master set (Tobey, Hal Sparks, and Bruce Campbell)

three boxes had three autos in them. Most of everything is going up on the Evilbay to put towards a Tobey auto and a 2 Case Incentive...or I might just do another case all together...not to sure yet.

Also, I really do think they will do an Update or "Expansion" set for this...it seems weird that there is not a single card with Venom on it, and honestly a lot of the big action scenes are not on the cards as well. The inserts are all CGI pictures. Fingers crossed at least. Maybe that is why they pulled Hayden Church after they had the cards printed up any everything.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi_Collector
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arvin Sloane:
They've never made an update set, but they have made EXPANSION sets.

They have made many expansion sets, but most had only new autos or new chase cards. The last expansion set with new cards were for James Bond Die another Day back in July 2003.

You never know.

Posts: 1602 | Location: Nevada | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got mine today.

The two autos were the Subway Guitarist Frown
and Lucy Lawless as the Punk rock Girl Thumb Up

After reading the replies, it seems like the Garbage Man is the most common auto. Is that right?

Posts: 182 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Him and the Violinist were my two most common.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Silverback
posted Hide Post
I got my box today.

2 base sets.
R1, B2, S5, V5
Autos: Jack Betts as Henery Balkan And William Dafoe as Norman Osborn Cool

Smokin'

Posts: 6113 | Location: Illinois | Registered: March 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I opened one of my two boxes today. The first auto that I came across was the only one that I really, really wanted so it is all downhill from here! Smokin'

Box #6199
James Franco as Harry Osborne Big Grin Cool Dance
Jayce Bartok as Subway Guitarist
S1, A4, B4, V5, G3

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
congrats on your breakdown

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Won't post my whole breakdown, but out of 4 cases I ended up with 1 Tobey, 2 Lucy's, and 1 of Avi Arad. So I was very happy. Here are the six sketches that I have so far, 3 more on the way to me. Smile

Posts: 284 | Location: Boise, ID, USA | Registered: February 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CaptainMal
posted Hide Post
Recieved my 2 boxes this morning, I'm still on the fence with this set. I don't whether it is because I didn't pull the Tobey card (it was a long shot anyway) but I really dislike the quality of the inserts. Each card has really bad edges in comparison to Inkworks cards.

Box 1
Bill Nun as Joseph Robertson (kinda glad about this one, at least he had more than 1 line!)
Joe Bloggs as Garbage Man

Box 2
Hal Sparks as Elevator Passenger (I like this card)
Jack Betts as Henry Balken (I like this card too)

I don't know how many base sets I got, I assume 2 or 3. The base sets are nice, but the lack of Venom does make a difference (although I understand that Sony kept him under wraps for a while).

I'm still kinda p'd off that I didn't get anything "decent" that I can't get for £5 on eBay. But I suppose the experience was all that counts.

Posts: 1093 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
You've bought that many cases or are you buying these sketches from the bay.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Peter cloet,

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Peter cloet:
You've bought that many cases or are you buyting these ketches from the bay.

I bought 12 cases, then the guy I buy from sold me an extra archive, and some extra sketches. Couldn't pass them up Wink

Posts: 284 | Location: Boise, ID, USA | Registered: February 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
12 cases!!!!!!!!! Eek

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Master Yoda
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ztaylork:
I bought 12 cases, then the guy I buy from sold me an extra archive, and some extra sketches. Couldn't pass them up Wink

I was wondering what you get in the archive box for spiderman. Is it all the inserts, all the autos, and sketches? If so how many sketches do you get?

Posts: 41 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post