Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Spider-Man 3 (Rittenhouse Archives)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spider-Man 3 (Rittenhouse Archives)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of ghostrider666
posted
I picked up 2 boxes of the new Spider-man3 movie cards today.
A lot has been said about this product, but now that it is "in-hand" this is what I've found.
Nice job on packaging, both the box & packs. The wrappers (worth 1 pt. each) seem to be hard to open without fighting & tearing them 4 different ways to open. Dont know why.
The cards are very nice looking. Even the ones that feature a CGI scene on them are very clear, & look great. The layout of the cards is very clean & attractive. Both front & back.
I didnt put sets together from the 1st box yet, but assume theres a complete base set there. Dosent look like there'll be 2, as I pulled, like, 4 #1 cards.
I got 1 each of the insert sub-sets. The Spider-man red & black cards look best. They are really neat. The Venom & Goblin cards also very cool. The Sandman card is ok, but something about it just looks, off.
I got 2 autos in the box, as advertised, Joe Manganiello as Flash Tompson & Mageina Tovah as Ursula.
I was of disapointed with the autos pulled, but we all saw the checklist on the RA site & know what we're getting. I just never have any luck cracking a high-end auto. Frown

Overall, RA did a great job putting together a nice product.

Posts: 1495 | Location: Hbg Pa USA | Registered: January 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a case but only opened 5 boxes so far.
Here is my autograph breakdown:
Box 1
Jayce Bartok-Subway Guitarist
Willem Dafoe-Norman Osborn Metal Thumb Up
Box 2
Larry Joshua-Wrestling Promoter
Aasif Mandvi-Mr.Aziz
Box 3
Mageina Tovah-Ursula
Jack Betts-Henry Balkan
Box 4
Jack Betts-Henry Balkan
J.K Simmons-J.Jonah Jameson Elephant Smokin'
Box 5
Elyse Dinh-Violinist
And Knock Me Over With A Feather:
Tobey Maguire-Spider-Man Elephant Smokin' Thumb Up Metal Bouncey
I still 7 more to open I'll post later.
Take Care Everyone

Posts: 193 | Location: Ca | Registered: June 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
Wow, congrats on pulling the Tobey auto Clap Metal Wave

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Cee_Jay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rich65:
And Knock Me Over With A Feather:
Tobey Maguire-Spider-Man Elephant Smokin' Thumb Up Metal Bouncey

WOW! Congratulations! One of the best autos ever!

Posts: 756 | Location: NRW, Germany | Registered: May 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dragoncrypt
posted Hide Post
awesome pull! congrats! the other boxes are just bonus now no? Wink

Posts: 199 | Location: The Great White North (Canada) | Registered: December 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
That's a great breakdown so far Rich Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10448 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Great break so far Rich 65
Are there archieve boxes?????

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
congrats.
Please post a pic from the autograph.

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tobey's great, but Aasif Mandvi, he's that guy on the Daily Show.

Dude is HILARIOUS!!!

David

Posts: 275 | Location: St. Petersburg, FL | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Congrats pulling a Tobey auto Rich65.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know about Archive boxes. But I will post pics as soon as I can.
I did good overall with the Tobey and 3 limited autos being Willem Dafoe, Elizabeth Banks and Bruce Campbell and I was happy pulling a Stan Lee as well.
I'll post the complete breakdown later.
I was only 4 shy of making the autograph set.

Posts: 193 | Location: Ca | Registered: June 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of MvG
posted Hide Post
There are archive boxes, there's one on the auctionbay right now, %999,99,-. BIN

Posts: 792 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: April 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Headless Horseman
posted Hide Post
I got a case and so far after five boxes, three garbage man autos!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, what the hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will post when I am done opening my case.

Shake Head

Posts: 1112 | Location: Freehold, NJ, USA | Registered: January 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Fingers are crossed for you.
Good Luck with the rest.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Headless Horseman:
I got a case and so far after five boxes, three garbage man autos!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, what the hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will post when I am done opening my case.

Shake Head

Ouch, tough luck!!! Frown

Some of my traders: Star*Mystyk, davelennox, Jack London, Chris Byrne, TAT, spidergoblin, Brimaster, cverdec, mac13, mars53, Ryan Cracknell, wuher, angelchick182, FRANK AMICO, batmancity, Card Reaper, Over_Worked_Mom, Dewman, THX2112, venom5liter, batmancity, barobehere, KADRAN00157, browninga5m, trade-a-card, FCB, wolfie, ghostrider666, Brian A. Davis, s8zaphod, Cee_Jay

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Poor Headless Horseman Frown Frown Frown
Hope your luck changes Smile Smile Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Bought one box today-

2 Base sets w 35 extra cards

V1,R1,B1,G1,S3

Auto cards:

Elyse Dinh as the Violinist
Stan Lee

Not bad on the Stan Lee and I kinda liked the Violinist....

Wish I had a Maguire, but oh well.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's my box breakdown:

- Box 1
- Spiderman R6, Venom V2, Sandman S1, Goblin G4
- Hal Sparks auto, Henry Balkan auto

- Box 2
- Spiderman R2, Venom V2, Sandman S3, Goblin G1
- J. Jonah Jameson auto, Garbage Man auto

- Box 3
- Spiderman R1, Venom V3, Sandman S5, Goblin G2, Spiderman Black B1
- Robbie Robertson auto, Flash Thompson auto

- Didn't look at the base set much, since I didn't watch the movie yet...but I'm sure I completed at least 3 sets.
- The inserts are OK, but they all look very similar, with the same generic background for each character. But to be fair, the spiderman black insert is really nice!
- 2 autos per box is very generous, and although I didn't get the Tobey, at least I didn't get any duplicates. By the way, the Sparks auto is my favorite. Loved him as Zoltan in "Dude Where's my Car" =)

Posts: 283 | Location: San Jose, USA | Registered: September 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CaptainMal
posted Hide Post
Great breakdowns people, I wish my boxes would arrive soon!

Posts: 1093 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ok. I have now opened 2 of my 12 box case. No limiteds or very limiteds yet.

Box 1:
Joseph Robertson Auto
Subway Guitarist Auto

Box 2:
Violinist Auto
Stan Lee Auto
Garbage Man Auto

Here is my question. I put together a base set now, there is only ONE card that has Venom on it, and he is in the background and you can barely make him out. Also, there isn't a single image from the final fight in the set...anyone think they might release and Update? I mean they sold out of this set and even increased the production and still sold out. What does everyone think?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bryan Shaffer,

Posts: 685 | Location: Daytona Beach, FL | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post