Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    X-Men Origins: Wolverine (Rittenhouse Archives, 2009)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X-Men Origins: Wolverine (Rittenhouse Archives, 2009)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Tim Pocock.

Pocock.

Fun to say. "Pocock".

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of comicbookfan
posted Hide Post
Got a box each of Star Trek & Wolverine from Scificards. Star Trek breakdown is in its' own thread.
Here's my Wolverine break down.
Box 4554
Classic Confrontations: 2,4
always cool to see Wolverine fight but the card size doesn't do justice to the size most of those images would have been in the comics. But appreciated that the listed the issue and the artist.
Archive: 3,5,6
love comic art but the backs could have been more different or made a 9 card image.
Casting Call: 1,8,9.
usually enjoy cast photos though Blob can not match the eye candy that is Hugh Jackman as Wolverine Drool.
Auto: Taylor Kitsch as Remy LeBeau
very happy to get a character I liked.
Sketch: Wolverine by Miller Dance.
Thrilled to pack pull my own Wolverine sketch Elephant
Have not sorted the base cards. The basic back doesn't bother me much since I don't spend a lot of time on the back of base cards.
The sketch & auto make this a great box for me and means I enjoyed opening this box more than the Star Trek one. I enjoyed the mix of comic art & movie photos for the insert sets.
Now how long until the next Wolverine movie and the X-men Archive cards?
Here are the scans of the inserts (minus Blob) and the sketch card front plus back.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: comicbookfan,

Posts: 1089 | Location: florida | Registered: December 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
Opened a third box today (#501) and got (no sketch again Frown )C1, C3, C9, A1, A7, A9, G1, G4 and the autographs of Michael James Olson and Taylor Kitsch Bouncey

The binder arrived as well, but I have to say it looks really disappointing. The same dark Wolvie pic as on the boxes and no picture at all on the back.

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
got three boxs ended up with autos of Danny Huston, Michael-James Olsen, Kevin Durand, and Daniel Henney and two sketchs one from Daniel Brandão and a really awsome one from Jim Kyle

i am trying to build my first masterset since i am a huge wolverine fan i am really trying to get a jackman auto if anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated

Posts: 230 | Location: pa | Registered: March 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of comicbookfan
posted Hide Post
Nick9819, great luck on getting 2 sketches from your boxes.
Good luck with your first master set Thumb Up can't go wrong working on a Wolverine master set.

Posts: 1089 | Location: florida | Registered: December 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of comicbookfan
posted Hide Post
Soul-on-fire,
I agree the binder was a disappointment. After seeing it at the Philly show I decided to just combine my Wolverine cards with the X-men last stand cards in the Last Stand binder. I liked the images of Wolverine better on that Last Stand binder. I can skip the p3 promo since it's the same image as on the Gambit auto card.

posted Hide Post
thanks comicbookfan and i will need the luck i pretty much only need two more i think the jackman auto and the will.i.am. auto fingers crossed

Posts: 230 | Location: pa | Registered: March 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
I opened two boxes after seeing the movie, and here is my breakdown:

First box:
1 base set
3 Wolverine Archives: A1, A3, A9
3 Casting Call: C2, C4, C6
2 Classic Confrontations: G2, G4
1 Autograph: Danny Huston as William Stryker
1 SketchaFEX sketch card: Wolverine by Cinar
Second box:
1 base set
3 Wolverine Archives: A2, A7, A8
3 Casting Call: C1, C8, C9
2 Classic Confrontations: G3, G6
1 Autograph: Danny Huston as William Stryker
1 Autograph: Troye Sivan as Young Logan

I was a little disappointed to have an autograph double from two boxes, but I was pleased with the rest of collation on the chase cards. 1 was one card shy of a third base set when I matched up the cards from the two boxes.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Got 4 boxes today and pretty pleased with the results:
Box 1
Liev Schreiber auto
Julia Blake auto
Box 2
Ryan Reynolds auto
Danny Husten auto
Box 3
Taylor Kitsch auto
Michael-James Olsen auto
Box 4
Daniel Henney auto
Aaron Jeffery auto

Disappointed not to get a sketch out of 4 boxes but pleased with 3 limited autos.

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i just got another two boxes got 4 autos Michael James Olson, Lynn Collins, Tim Pocock, and hugh jackman i was sooo happy to pull a jackman i ended up buying a total of 8 boxes from different places and i ended up with 5 sketches, a jackman auto and a schreiber auto so i am very happy

Picture of Natalie
posted Hide Post
Got two boxes, my first box purchase in a while and my first purchase EVER of a Rittenhouse product (excitement!)

First box:
C2, C4, C6; A3, A5, A9; G2, G4
Auto of Danny Huston as Stryker
Sketch of Wolverine by Ken Branch

Second box:
C2, C4, C6 Frown ; A2, A7, A8; G4, G6
Auto of Stephen Leeder as Gen. Munson
Sketch of Wolverine by Ken Branch

Guess I did pretty good to get two sketches out of two boxes, but I wish they had been by different artists or at least of different characters. All in all I like the design of the set, but I agree with what others have said about there not being enough text on the card backs. The story summary especially seemed redundant, confusing and out of order in places, even disregarding the missing ending.

Posts: 310 | Location: Louisville | Registered: October 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
Box 1:
=====
1 Base Set
3 Archives A1,2,7
1 Autograph Aaron Jeffery (Thomas Logan)
3 Casting Call C2,6,8
2 Classic Confrontations G4,6
1 Sketch Rich Molinelli

Box 2:
=====
1 Base Set
3 Archives A1,2,7
1 Autograph Liev Schreiber (Victor Creed) [Limited]
3 Casting Call C2,6,8
1 Sketch Marcelo Di Chiara

Box 3:
=====
1 Base Set
3 Archives A4,6,8
2 Autographs Julia Blake (Heather Hudson), Tim Pocock (Scott)
3 Casting Call C1,3,9
2 Classic Confrontations G1,3
0 Sketch

Box 4:
=====
1 Base Set
3 Archives A1,2,7
2 Autographs Aaron Jeffery (Thomas Logan), Daniel Henney (Agent Zero)
3 Casting Call C2,6,8
0 Sketch

Box 5:
=====
1 Base Set
3 Archives A3,5,9
2 Autographs Danny Huston (William Stryker), Troye Sivan (Young Logan)
3 Casting Call C4,5,7
2 Classic Confrontations G2,5
0 Sketch

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
just got two more boxes Julia Blake, Taylor Kitsch, gavin hood auto and an edde wagner sketch

Picture of Darth Smittyous
posted Hide Post
I bought two boxes at a local card show today. The first box had two autographs and one of them was the Sabertooth, so I was really happy about that. For the second box, I found the Gambit autograph first, so again I was happy. I got down to the last pack and still had not found the second hit. I opened the pack and breathed a sign of relief as I saw that there was a sketch in it. I flipped it over, and thought "Oh cool, a Tony Perna Sabertooth sketch." That was awesome, because I have never pulled one of Tony's cards. The significance did not hit me until I came home and saw that he only did 25 cards for the set!!! Bouncey

The big downside of the boxes I bought, was that I got smacked around again by Rittenhouse's chase card sorting machine. Both boxes had exactly the same chase cards, so even after opening four boxes, I'm still missing several cards from each of the insert sets. Mad

Posts: 65 | Location: VA | Registered: February 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hyperion
posted Hide Post
I got two boxes! No sketches, but happy with the Schreiber- auto Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Hyperion,

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: March 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
All that in one box? You did well Hyperion

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
i didn't realize they had all the big names in that Wolverine auto set...looks like i'll be trying for it.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hyperion
posted Hide Post
Sorry Doc Cool That was a typo, I have editet it now. It was from two boxes, all those in one would have been awesome though Big Grin

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: March 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ARCHIVE BOX!!!

This was a fun break. There were 3 base cards, 1 insert, and 1 auto or sketch in every pack. 1 pack had both an auto & a sketch. Here's the breakdown.

All cards are PC at the moment except for the Sillas and Miller (1 of them) sketches. Will trade for sketches of artists that I don't already have. I may try to collect all 50 artists for a true master set. Wish me luck!

- 72 card base set
- 6 card Classic Confrontations insert set
- 9 card Casting Call insert set
- 9 card Wolverine Archives insert set
- 1 Movie poster case topper
- 1 Will.i.am 2 case incentive autograph
- 15 pack pulled autographs
- 10 sketches

[U]AUTOS[/U]
See link below for list

http://www.scifihobby.com/prod...cklist.cfm?SetID=189

[U]SKETCHES[/U]

1. Marcelo Di Chiara (101)
2. Andrei Bressan (74)
3. John Haun (100)
4. Chris Foulkes (50)
5. Adam Cleveland (46)
6. Oak (147)
7. Kevin West (48)
8. Steven Miller (158)
9. Steven Miller (158)
10. Tony Silas (48)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Booker,

Posts: 283 | Location: San Jose, USA | Registered: September 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
It must have been fun opening that box! I've always thought the Wolverine set had superior sketches. Sorry, I don't know who the unknown artist is though.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post