Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    X-Men Origins: Wolverine (Rittenhouse Archives, 2009)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

X-Men Origins: Wolverine (Rittenhouse Archives, 2009)
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Busted a box today and was pretty happy. I also got the Julia Blake autograph, but the Cabbie Bradberry color sketch made it worthwhile. Its a three character X-Men villians card, nicely detailed.

The Casting Call inserts are attractive, not too pleased with the base card backs though. They are just a washed-out version of the same picture on the front and the text is rather sparse.

I really couldn't follow the storyline just based on what the cards say and the ending appears to be missing altogether. Confused

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Lizzy:
I need help (and don't laugh at me), but who is the artist of this sketch?

This sketch is make by Chris Gutierrez

Posts: 90 | Location: california | Registered: June 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Darth Smittyous
posted Hide Post
I got two boxes at the Philly show yesterday. I received a nice Wolverine sketch by Edde Wagner, and autographs from Kevin Durand, Daniel Henney and Aaron Jeffery.

The chase cards were very disappointing as I got a nearly identical assortment out of each box. Since these were my first boxes, it would have been nice to get more variety with the chase.

Classic Confrontations - G3x2, G6x2
Casting Calls - C4x2, C6x2, C7x2
Wolverine - A1, A3x2, A5, A9x2

Posts: 65 | Location: VA | Registered: February 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tlca:
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Lizzy:
I need help (and don't laugh at me), but who is the artist of this sketch?

This sketch is make by Chris Gutierrez

Thank you! You are the second person who has said that he is the artist, so that pretty much confirms it! Smile

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

I really couldn't follow the storyline just based on what the cards say and the ending appears to be missing altogether. Confused

I think that may be because there was more than one ending filmed, and talk of extra footage at he end (after or during the credits - or something like that).

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Perhaps RA is thinking of an update set that would include some costumes. I belive that the original plan was for the set to include them. Perhaps they were just late in comming.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Orange
posted Hide Post
My first post on the site so bear with me.
Opened my box last night after seeing the movie. Nothing spectacular, a Julia Blake and Daniel Henney auto.

I like the look of the Casting Call set, got C4, C5, and C7.

The base cards do seem to stop well short of the movie ending...

Posts: 26 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I busted 3 boxes at the Toronto sports card expo over the weekend and was super lucky with my pulls;

I'm keeping the Jackman auto and the other two autos are gone

Orosco Wolverine (keeping), Miller Deadpool (up for auction), Molinelli Blob (up for auction)

Hitting 3 sketches plus the best auto in the set in only 3 boxes was pretty outstanding!

Thanks for the look!

Posts: 6 | Location: Ottawa, ON | Registered: October 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
nice pulls spiral8 by the way would you be willing to trade the deadpool sketch card for 3 sketch cards from the fantastic four archives card set

millhouse

Posts: 757 | Location: london england | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
my three boxes
box #2217
auto Liev Schreiber
Sketch AJT
G 1,5
C 2,4,6
A 1,7,9

Box#3210
auto Julia Blake
Sketch OAK
G 2,4
C 1,9,8
G 2,4

Box#190
auto Kevin Durand
Sketch OAK
G 2,5
C 1,8,9
A 4,6,8

i still need G 3,6 A 3,5 C 3,5,7 if any one can help

Posts: 230 | Location: pa | Registered: March 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Nice! Three boxes - 3 sketches plus a Liev, that is awesome. The 2 Oaks are not bad, but I am sure that the Anthony Tan sketch is quite nice.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
yea they are the two oaks sketchs are of wolverine and the tan is of sabertooth so its cool that i got a liev auto and a sabertooth sketch in the same box

Posts: 230 | Location: pa | Registered: March 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Soul-on-Fire
posted Hide Post
I opened 2 boxes (#1200 + 4224) and got

G1-4, C1-C4, C6, C9, A1-4, A8, A9 and these beauties...

Bouncey Bouncey Clap Clap

Posts: 608 | Location: Germany | Registered: October 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
I couldn't resist trying at least 1 box and it arrived today. Got 1 autograph and 1 sketch (Scans coming later.

Autograph- Kevin Durand as Fred Dukes (Blob)

Sketch- Wolverine by Javier Gonzalez /50

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Got four boxes of Wolverine, got a lot of duplication on the common inserts, but that happens. I was hoping for no duplication on the autos, but got one anyway, although I will not complain in this instance. Smile

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Got four boxes of Wolverine, got a lot of duplication on the common inserts, but that happens. I was hoping for no duplication on the autos, but got one anyway, although I will not complain in this instance. Smile

Eek

posted Hide Post
wow batman great pulls i am sooo jealous

Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Scans from my box:

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I got my two Wolverine boxes with my two Star Trek boxes today. The Trek were good, but the Wolverine ones weren't so great...

Box #1
A4,5,6
G4,6
C4,5,7
Julia Blake as Heather Hudson
Sketch of Wolverine

Box #2
A4,5,6
C4,5,7
G4,6
Stephen Leeder as General Munson
Julia Blake as Heather Hudson

So yeah, I'm pretty bummed by the near duplicate box when I bought only two boxes. The cards are nice, but I think that might just concentrate on picking up the singles that I want, rather than getting another box.

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of alfster
posted Hide Post
Here's what I got from two boxes. No sketch cards bummer. All inserts were duplicates.

Auto's: Michael-James Olsen, Lynn Collins, Tim Pocock and Taylor Kitsch

For without Blood there is no Power.
Where is my Power?.
My Power is with the Blood of Souls,
Flowing like a river into my veins giving me my Power.
I will not lose my Power until my Soul looses me.

A.S.

Posts: 167 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post