Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Allen & Ginter 2009 (Topps)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Allen & Ginter 2009 (Topps)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted
This is a partial report, more coming...

1 Hobby box
24 packs, 8 cards each
Retail boxes, 8 packs, 6 cards each
1 mini per pack
1 National Pride per pack
1 hand numbered mini 14/50
3 black bordered CODE cards(regular size)
3 black bordered mini's
2 jersey cards
1 celebrity shirt card(Trap shoot champion)
1 N43 boxloader
2 Creatures of Legends, Myths & Terror mini's
Base set consists of 350 cards, #300-350 are shortprints, about 1 in every 3 hobby packs.
5 Baseball Highlights insert cards

So far, overall grade B.
Non-sport highlights...Wyatt Earp, Doc Holiday, Geronimo, Napoleon, General Custer, The Milky Way and other personalities are featured.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: xtime,

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of anthonyd
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the breakdown. do you have any scans of the base cards? I was under the impression these cards were slim like cigarette cards, but I guess they're regular card size??

Posts: 802 | Location: MA | Registered: March 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is a regular size base card set, as well as the mini tobacco size base set, then there are also a couple parallel mini base sets to collect as well.

Posts: 139 | Location: Lake Placid, FL | Registered: June 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of anthonyd
posted Hide Post
Chris,

Thanks! I did not know that! Are the two base sets different subjects or can you get mixed subjects? For example, are all the mini cards baseball players and regular cards non-sports? Or is there a mix?

Thanks again for the info!

Posts: 802 | Location: MA | Registered: March 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
The base is a mix of baseball and non-sports. The mini set is an exact parallel.

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of anthonyd
posted Hide Post
xtime -

thanks for the info! I was looking at the earlier A&G box breakdown (2007) and it looks like (there was a scan) the mini cards are mounted in a regular size card - is that correct?

Sorry I seem so obsessed with the mini cards with this set, but i thought it would be cool to collect a real "throw back" type card set. Having them mounted takes a bit of the fun out of it, but maybe that's necessary to insert them in the packs?

Any scans? Smile

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
The mini mounted cards are memoribilia, autographs, and/or DNA cards. Usually 2-3 per hobby box, and I think 1 per retail box. You may also pull one randomly from a blaster box.
You should find one mini card per pack.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
anthonyd
I have extra A&G 2006,7,8 & 9 commons, and minis from some of those years.
May also be able to help with ST Voyager, POTA, and Marvel Legends. Email me.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
Retail Blaster Boxes

Box 1:
=====
9 Baseball Highlights
0 Bordered Parallel
3 Mini Parallel
2 Mini Parallel [A&G Back]
1 Mini Parallel [Black Border]
0 Mini Parallel [Unnumbered]
1 National Heroes
0 National Pride
1 Relic
1 World's Biggest Hoaxes, Hoodwinks & Bamboozles

Box 2:
=====
1 Baseball Highlights
1 Bordered Parallel
2 Mini Parallel
2 Mini Parallel [A&G Back]
1 Mini Parallel [Black Border]
1 Mini Parallel [Unnumbered] Michael Phelps #'d 50/50 Frown Damaged
1 National Heroes
8 National Pride
0 Relic

Box 3:
=====
1 Baseball Highlights
0 Bordered Parallel
3 Mini Parallel
1 Mini Parallel [A&G Back]
2 Mini Parallel [Black Border]
0 Mini Parallel [Unnumbered]
1 National Heroes
8 National Pride
0 Relic

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post