Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    James Bond Connoisseur's Collection Volume Two:the 70s (Inkworks)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

James Bond Connoisseur's Collection Volume Two:the 70s (Inkworks)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted
I recently picked up a box of James Bond Connoisseur's Collection Volume Two:the 70s as this was a set I was missing.

Here's what I pulled
Poster Crad P08 "Live And let Die"
Women of Bond cards W10, W11 & W18
No gold cards Frown

What was worse was that I didn't get a complete base set. I am still missing 24 base cards. I thought Inkworks guaranteed a complete base set?

I have a box of Volume Three to open so I hope I get a better collation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
GET IN TOUCH WITH INKWORKS. THEY WILL SEND YOU YOUR MISSING BASE CARDS.

Posts: 1116 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:
GET IN TOUCH WITH INKWORKS. THEY WILL SEND YOU YOUR MISSING BASE CARDS.

I don't think they guaranteed a complete set back then, though I may be wrong. Send me a list of what you're missing and I'll see what I have...

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
Thanks Womble & xSaBx.

I have sent an e-mail off to inkworks. I will post here their reply.

If they cannot help then, Thank you for the offer xSaBx and I'll be in touch.

I need the rest of the chase cards anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
I got a reply from Inkworks, sadly it was what I expected but not wanted to read.

Hear is the reply
quote:
Thanks for writing. Unfortunately, we no longer have the Bond license. We are prohibited by the licensor from providing any cards. All inventory on hand at the expiration of the license was destroyed.

Sorry!

So xSaBx an e-mail is on it's way shortly.

Thanks though to Inkworks for a speedy reply. I took around 90 minutes from me sending the e-mail to recieving the reply.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
re: missing cards - e-mail sent.

Posts: 1116 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Way Womble, hope you get the base cards and chase, there is nothing more annoying than having a few cards missing from the set, Especially BASE CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KADRAN

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Oh No..... Reading my last reply, should have been for Boldlygone and not Womble.....
SORRY for the confusion !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
KADRAN

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My recollection is that the boxes of one part of the Collection that I got originally were all missing quite a number of cards entirely - my wholesaler, Cards Inc, did manage to get some of the missing cards, presumably from the publisher, but that was Way Back When!

Cool

Posts: 4 | Location: London | Registered: June 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]I don't think they guaranteed a complete set back then, though I may be wrong. Send me a list of what you're missing and I'll see what I have...[/QUOTE]

Many, Many thanks Mistress,

the cards have arrived, and the set is looking MUCH better, You are very generous.

Now I just need cards #112, 118, 122.

Paul

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DoctorChristmasJones
posted Hide Post
quote:

Originally posted by xSaBx

I don't think they guaranteed a complete set back then, though I may be wrong. Send me a list of what you're missing and I'll see what I have...

quote:

Originally posted by Boldlygone

Many, Many thanks Mistress,

the cards have arrived, and the set is looking MUCH better, You are very generous.

Now I just need cards #112, 118, 122.

Paul

Checking for you later today!

Posts: 2272 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
ONE BOX I broke a while ago:

2 x Base Set plus about half of another
W15, W16, W17
P11 Moonraker
G2 Gold Card

Scully: No. How much you're like Ahab. You're so... consumed by your personal vengeance against life, whether it be its inherent cruelties or its mysteries, that everything takes on a warped significance to your megalomaniacal cosmology.

Mulder: Scully, are you coming on to me?

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Congrats on getting the gold Big Grin

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10450 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post