Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    The Prisoner (Unstoppable Cards, 2018)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Prisoner (Unstoppable Cards, 2018)
 Login/Join

Picture of monkeyafterdark
posted

The boxes all have a "1" printed on the side. Not sure if this reflects the intention to go for a second set at some point in the future. Each box contains a base set of 36 cards and an envelope, called Premium Pack, with either three auto cards or 2 auto cards and a sketch card. As of now I've only received three of the six boxes that I ordered. And this is what I found within...

Box #751/1299
Base set
Autograph of Ian Rakoff - Writer
Autograph of Fenella Fielding - Loudspeaker Announcer
Autograph of Christopher Benjamin - Number Two's Assistant

Box #754/1299
Base set
Autograph of Tony Sloman - Film Librarian
Autograph of Annette Andre - Watchmaker's Daughter

Box #761/1299
Base set
Autograph of Roy Beck Jr - Rehabilitation Juror
Autograph of Jane Merrow - Alison / Number Twenty-Four
Autograph of John S. Smith - Editor

Posts: 154 | Location: Belgium | Registered: September 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monkeyafterdark:

The boxes all have a "1" printed on the side. Not sure if this reflects the intention to go for a second set at some point in the future.

I think it is just the badge of No1 who the prisoner searched for.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Those are great looking cards! Thanks for posting pictures!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The 1 on the side was to signify set 1 but from what Barrie has said, this is gonna be it. Possibly explains the greater number of cut signatures for the one set.

I did okay casewise. One sketch, no cut card and an okay mix of autos. Plenty doubles of the lesser cards and still needing a couple of boxes packed cards though. JM1 DN2 NW1. Given the numbers of cases and contents that shouldn't be the case. Haven't done proper breakdown as yet.

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Some collectors have reported ordering boxes and binders from Unstoppable (and having paid for them) but only receiving boxes, for reasons unknown.

Still waiting for mine...

Posts: 3994 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Some collectors have reported ordering boxes and binders from Unstoppable (and having paid for them) but only receiving boxes, for reasons unknown.

Still waiting for mine...

Included with my three boxes was a hand-written note saying that my binder is to follow soon. In a mail, Barrie replied to me that they'll be shipping next week.

Posts: 154 | Location: Belgium | Registered: September 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, small delay with the binders. Perhaps they should put something to that effect on their website. I only knew from getting told when asking about something else!

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Some people received Prisoner WEB1 and 2 promos with their boxes

I received my box today, but it did not have those two

I was told that they will ship later with the binder

However, my box DID come with WEB promos for the upcoming Space 1999, UFO, and Persuaders sets, just not the Prisoner ones

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Swings and roundabouts. I never got the other set promos and should have but did get the two Prisoner web promos. Odd!

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have the email from February, where it said that all orders were supposed to have 4 WEB promos of Space 99, Prisoner, Persuaders, and UFO. 100 sets made.

Oddly, the photo in the email of the Prisoner WEB1 promo does not match what seems to be showing up for sale (totally different photo, and the one in the email is in color)

Plus, there is clearly a WEB2 promo, but there was no mention of that in February

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Think both the promo photos are from the infamous press screening on the set of Once Upon a Time with Pat donning a Cossack hat.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
My box had 1 sketch, and 2 autos, one of which was the show's editor, I believe

posted Hide Post
So, I sent a mail to Unstoppable about the three missing boxes from my order and in no time I received a kind reply. They were shipped the same day and only two days later they had made the journey from the UK to Belgium. Unstoppable was reliable as usual.
Seeing the high numbers of these, I'm assuming that the product is almost sold out as only 1299 boxes have been produced.

Box #1095/1299
Base set
Autograph of Ian Rakoff - Writer
Autograph of Norma West - Girl Bo-Peep
Autograph of Denise Buckley - Maid

Box #1096/1299
Base set
Autograph of Denise Buckley - Maid

Box #1097/1299
Base set
"Smudged" autograph of Fenella Fielding - Loudspeaker Announcer
Autograph of Roy Beck Jr. - Rehabilitation Juror

Quite a few double autographs in the end. And I've no true idea of rarities involved.
If anyone's trading, do let me know. Otherwise I'll just have to go scour the online shopping platforms.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Nice cards indeed! I assumed you ordered SIX boxes.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Seems like alot of us are getting the John Smith auto !

posted Hide Post
The 'common' cards are Ian Rakoff, John Smith, Tony Sloman and Roy Beck.
Amongst the actors Annette Andre, the Christopher Benjamin varients and Fenella seem most common while Jane Merrow and Derren Nesbitt seem short distributed. From experience.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have seen alot of Smith autos "you know where" with an asking price of less than 5 dollars USA, and they are unsold.

No disrespect to Mr. Smith !

Posts: 3994 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay can finally do a proper case break. My first case was a split and I didn't take notes.

So case topper 1 JL2, and 1 PW2.
Print plate pair for Card #2
Colour Sketch of No2 by B Jones.

Packets:
Colour sketch of #6 by Solly Mohammed (nice but not his best), Denise Buckley #2 (black ink), John S Smith.
Roy Boyd (green), Fenella Fielding (badly smudged), Tony Sloman.
Christopher Benjamin#1, Norma West#1(green), Tony Sloman.
Christopher Benjamin#3, Fenella Fielding, Tony Sloman.
Roy Boyd, Jane Merrow#1(black), John S Smith.
Colour sketch of The Supervisor by ?, Denise Buckley#1(black), John S Smith.
Roy Boyd(green), Derren Nesbitt#1, Ian Rakoff.
Denise Buckley#2(black), Annette Andre, Ian Rakoff.
John S Smith, Norma West#2(red), Ian Rakoff.
Annette Andre, Christopher Benjamin#2, and Ian Rakoff.

So too many packs with two 'cheap' filler cards, most breaks are showing one per pack. For a set with so little number of autos, the number of duplicates in a total of 28 autocards is disappointing. Not too bad a distribution on the other cards though just not what it could/should be.
4 Ian Rakoffs, 4 John Smiths, 3 Roy Boyd, 3 Tony Sloman. So 14 common cards out of 28, is quite lax. Especially when missing out on a Justine Lord. So not a terrible case but.....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Spencer Quist,