Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    New Avengers (Strictly Ink)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Avengers (Strictly Ink)
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
One full set of autos two costumes and two sketch cards one of which was a redemtion card. I had several of the autos twice (4 hunts) and one box (number 1000) left unopend to sell later. The sketch was a Ram and it went on ebay a few days ago. Nice set overall. The only complants I have had from customers is the lack of color. A LOT of the cards are B&W but I think they look ok.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
First break from the USA!

The New Avengers Definitive Trading Card Collection
Box: 36 packs of 5 cards, 12 boxes/case, 125 cases total
Base Sets (72): approx. 2.39 per box if collation were perfect

Acquired: 2 boxes with consecutive numbers

Box 0071

1 base set, needing 13 for a second set.
6 gold foil cards (1:6 packs)
2 autographs (1:14 packs)
--- A7 John Castle - Colonel Jack Miller
--- A8 Alun Armstrong - George Harris
0 prop cards
0 costume cards

Box 0072

1 base set, needing 13 for a second set.
6 gold foil cards (1:6 packs)
2 autographs (1:14 packs)
--- A3 Gareth Hunt - Mike Gambit
--- A11 Frank Thornton - Roland (redemption card)
0 prop cards
0 costume cards

This is a nice set. I never saw the series in its first run and they didn't make enough episodes for effective syndication, so I've never really gotten a feeling for the quality of the program(me). So reading a base set is almost like reading a novel.

The two boxes were "paired" for the gold foils, so I received a complete set of 12. I didn't find any of the biggie cards, but at least I found a Gambit to start my main-cast collection.

Base cards were a bit clustered. For every card with only a single copy in one box, I found two in the other box, but only two. So I'm 26 cards short of a fourth set from 2 boxes. Extras came in abundance; never less than six total every number above 4 copies in the 2 boxes, and averaging 6.9. So having an extra in one box meant that I would find 1 or 2 extras of the same in the other box.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cardster
posted Hide Post
Two Boxes.

Box 1
6 gold foils
3 autos
- A10 Laurie Johnson
- A7 John Castle
- A9 Brian Clemens

and 1 sketch redemption Elephant Bouncey

Box 2
6 gold foils
3 autos
- A6 Keith Barron
- A5 William Framklin
- A4 Caroline Munroe Thumb Up

In summary I got 6 autos, a complete foil set and one sketch redemption card.

I also bought another sketch redemption from that auction site and today I recieved the sketch cards back. Please see below.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cardster,

Posts: 473 | Location: UK | Registered: April 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Peter cloet
posted Hide Post
nice sketches

A belgian hiphop group

Posts: 3634 | Location: Belgium | Registered: January 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
Bought at the San Diego con from Julio's NS Depot:

Box # 831
1 complete base set (2nd missing 11 cards)
6 Foil inserts
3 Autographs:
N-A6 Keith Barron
N-A9 Brian Clemens
N-A10 Laurie Johnson

Overall very nice cards. Now I need to get a binder. Although I was, of course, hoping for autographs of any of the main cast I'm very pleased with the ones I've got as I'm pretty sure I've posted many times in the past the I love when sets feature autographs of the behind-the-scenes folks.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
As it's the 35th Anniversary of New Avengers and I haven't opened a box for a while (well at least since Memorabilia) I decided to buy a box for fun:

Box 1303:

A5 William Franklyn
A6 Keith Barron
A10 Laurie Johnson

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post