Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    WWE Insider (Topps)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WWE Insider (Topps)
 Login/Join

New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
do you think if I contacted Topps and explained the situation, also had a pack in the box contain only 6 cards and it wasnt the event used pack which contained 5, they would be able to give me a replacement auto? How would I go about contacting them?
thanks

Posts: 4 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: August 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeffrey J:
do you think if I contacted Topps and explained the situation, also had a pack in the box contain only 6 cards and it wasnt the event used pack which contained 5, they would be able to give me a replacement auto? How would I go about contacting them?
thanks
Welcome to the board Wave

Sorry to hear you had a bad box man. Topps is real good about sending out cards when you don't receive them. You will need to write them a letter explaining the situation and the upc from the bottom of the box. Here's the address,

The Topps Company Inc
401 York Ave
Duryea, PA 18642-2035

I'm pretty sure they just send you a random autograph from the set. Hope that helps man Thumb Up

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
thats fine, ill give it a try..Even if they give me my personal favorite, Shelton B which I bought off the Bay for 12 bucks..hopefully I get Maria or Candice though

Posts: 4 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: August 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
Quick double-box break:

Box 1:
2 complete sets
20 extras
Autograph: Lita
Memorabilia: John Cena (all white)

Box 2:
2 complete sets
20 extras
Autographs: Melina
Memorabilia: Kurt Angle (all black)

I like the design more than I thought I would, although the execution of the base set appears a little clumsy. I found the wrong 'brand' logos on a couple base cards (I never knew Melina went to ECW) and the text on the back wasn't exactly in depth like the theme of the set would suggest (I liked Fleer's All Access set for that).

But how can one complain when you get what you expect with a couple of the better autographs (read - no Viscera) to be had. All and all, not bad for the cost.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Went to the shop today and bought 13 packs and pulled nothing but base cards.

My dealer opened one pack atfer me and got the autograph card from the box Twak It was Matt Hardy.

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
That's aweful, sorry you didn't pull it.

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gofmauleg:
That's aweful, sorry you didn't pull it.

That's ok man Thumb Up My dealer is a good guy so it really didn't bother me to much.

posted Hide Post
Picked up a copy of NSU and got a Batista promo. Even though i havn't been watching wrestling as much lately....i bought 2 packs just for fun. i got lucky and pulled a Carlito auto =)

Posts: 283 | Location: San Jose, USA | Registered: September 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
Booker, you've been quite lucky with individual packs...congrats! Thumb Up

Posts: 714 | Location: City by the Bay, CA | Registered: May 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
heheh well, i've only been collecting non-sports for about 3-4 months.....so maybe its just beginner's luck =)

Posts: 283 | Location: San Jose, USA | Registered: September 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of gofmauleg
posted Hide Post
Definitely a wonderful way to begin the hobby. Smile

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of patonyfan
posted Hide Post
I just haven't been able to get into this set. I went all gung-ho with Chrome...probably a bit to gung-ho.

But with these there are really no chances at a huge pull that will fund other purchases. With chrome there was the shot at the superfractors.

I have picked up a couple of the event used from this but no autos or boxes after busting almost 4 cases of chrome and completing the auto set there.

Posts: 907 | Location: Bloomsburg, PA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I bought a box today.

Autograph: John Cena
Memorabilia: plain black Rey Mysterio (seems like alot of people got that one..)

Posts: 6 | Location: Springfield, MO | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm new to the boards, so I thought I'd post my breaks on the threads.

1 box:

Shawn Michaels shirt
Goldust auto

Posts: 649 | Location: California | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the boards Wave

That's a decent break with the Goldust auto Thumb Up

posted Hide Post
box 1.cena patch.ashley auto

Box 2.cena patch.ashley auto

Box 3.mysterio patch.john cena autograph. Smile(nice full auto.looks nothing like the ones he does now he's huge!!!

Box 4.hardy patch.golddust auto

Box 5.hardy patch.maria auto

1 box was gold.others were poo!!really happy with the cena.[/QUOTE] Thumb Up

This message has been edited. Last edited by: simpsonscardman,

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by simpsonscardman:
box 1.cena patch.ashley auto

Box 2.cena patch.ashley auto

Box 3.mysterio patch.john cena autograph. Smile(nice full auto.looks nothing like the ones he does now he's huge!!!

Box 4.hardy patch.golddust auto

Box 5.hardy patch.maria auto

1 box was gold.others were poo!!really happy with the cena.
Thumb Up[/QUOTE]

Btw if anyone wants an Ashley auto for any other one i aint got.please let me know.the two spare costume cards are for trade aswell for others im missing in this insider set.please drop me an email if anyone wants any of me spares.thanks!!

Posts: 174 | Location: Liverpool | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post