Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Men In Black II (Inkworks)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Men In Black II (Inkworks)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted
Box Loader BL-2
Pieceworks PW3 (Tommy Lee Jones's shorts)
Auto (A7) Lowell Cunningham (creator of MIB)
Weapons Overview W
Neuralyser N1, N2

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
Just opened 3 boxes of these bought for £10 each:

Got the right chase cards, all 3 different PW cards and the highlight.....

The Tommy Lee Jones autograph redemption card!
Couldnt believe it! I know this probably cant be redeemed but have emailed inkworks anyway just to see what happens.

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I found one earlier in the year and they're out of the TLJ autos. They'll offer an alternative of their choice. Or you can just keep the unredeemed card.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Redemption
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
I found one earlier in the year and they're out of the TLJ autos. They'll offer an alternative of their choice. Or you can just keep the unredeemed card.

If I remember correctly, keeping the mint unredeemed card was a better deal considering the sad choice you got in return. Shake Head

Posts: 8466 | Location: Tormented Space | Registered: July 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Redeem it!
You Will get your redemption card back with an auto(even it if is not Tommy Lee Jones).

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redemption:
If I remember correctly, keeping the mint unredeemed card was a better deal considering the sad choice you got in return. Shake Head

I got the Bird Lady auto but I hadn't asked for any specific auto. If you do and they have in stock, they may oblige.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
I think I'll keep the redemption card, would rather have it unpunched than to send it off and get a £2 auto card and my card with a hole in it!

Still, I'd love to know why they dont have any? surely Inkworks would print the same amount of redemption cards for autograph cards or actually print less so they have spare autos incase any get damaged?

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Card Dude:

Still, I'd love to know why they dont have any? surely Inkworks would print the same amount of redemption cards for autograph cards or actually print less so they have spare autos incase any get damaged?

This discussion seems to happen every 6 months! Just bear in mind that, in this case, they're not obliged to redeem it at all. The card expired a while back.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Card Dude:

I'm not Andy, but I can think of a couple situations that would cause it to happen:
  • TLJ returned fewer autos than they had originally agreed to.
  • Some of the autos returned were not up to standards (smudged, etc.)
  • Finally, after the expriation date some of these might have been used for promotions. I know Inkworks donated a Alias PW3 to a charity auction one year so there may have been similar opportunities for Inkworks.

It does bear repeating that Inkworks is not obliged to do anything after an expiration date, but they do anyway. Much better than most companies that do redemptions and LOTS better than most of the sports card redemptions out there.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Opened another box.

BL2 bxo loader
A7 Lowell Cunningham auto (creator of MIB)
PW3 Tommy's postal shorts (plain grey)
Weapons Overdrive W1, W6
Neutralyzer N2

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
Here are my results from a box break:

Weapons Overview Cards (1:17 packs)
W2 Noisy Cricket
W3 The MIB HQ Armory

Foil-Board Box Loader Cards (Hobby only)
BL-2 They're Back in Action

Neuralizer Foil Cards (1:35 Hobby packs)
N1 Adapted from alien technology, the neuralyzer

Autograph Cards (1:50 Hobby packs)
A7 Lowell Cunningham - Creator of Men In Black

Pieceworks Cards (1:35 packs)
PW1 Suits worn by MIB agents

http://twitter.com/MasterFreeza

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post