Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Project Superpowers (Breygent, 2011)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Project Superpowers (Breygent, 2011)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted
First Case

Autos
Alex Ross (AR1 - Masquerade version) x3
Alex Ross (AR2 - The Face/Samson/Masquerade version) x1

Inserts
Fighting Yank's War Journal (18 cards) - 3 complete sets, 21 extras
Chrome Card set (9 cards) - 1 complete set, 21 extras
Chrome Puzzle set (9 cards) - 1 complete set, 21 extras

Sketches

Jay Leisten, Jonathan Lau, Jay Leisten,
John Czop, Mel Rubi, Mark Pennington,
Jay Leisten, Dan Borgonos, Gordon Purcell

Jay Leisten, Jay Leisten, Gordon Purcell
Jay Leisten, Jonathan Lau, Rich Molinelli
Gordon Purcell, Mark Pennington, Jay Leisten

Gordon Purcell, Jay Leisten, Adam Archer
Gordon Purcell, Mel Rubi, Jay Leisten
Gordon Purcell, John Watson

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Second Case

Autos
Alex Ross (AR1 - Masquerade version) x1

Inserts
Fighting Yank's War Journal (18 cards) - 4 complete sets, 3 extras
Chrome Card set (9 cards) - 1 complete set, 21 extras
Chrome Puzzle set (9 cards) - 1 complete set, 21 extras

Sketches

Colton Worley, Mel Rubi, Mark Pennington
Mark Pennington, Gordon Purcell, John Watson
Gordon Purcell, Jay Leisten, Ken Haeser

Jonathan Lau, Colton Worley, Mark Pennington
Mel Rubi, Mel Rubi, Jay Leisten
Mel Rubi, Mark Pennington, Colton Worley

Mel Rubi, Colton Worley, Mark Pennington
Jay Leisten, Colton Worley, Ken Haeser
Colton Worley, Colton Worley, unknown (numbered to 38)

Gordon Purcell, Colton Worley

The collation of the inserts was pretty bad in my two cases - I was only able to make 2 complete Chrome Cards sets and 4 complete Chrome Puzzle sets.

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Have to say the standard of the sketch cards does not compare to recent Breygent releases.Maybe these two cases are the exception but I had difficulty finding a single poor sketch in the breakdown for Vampirella.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
The sketches (at least some) were done several years ago when Dynamite was planning to release the set. At least they only carry the Dynamite logo and not Breygent. This might explain why the sketch quality differs from Vampirella. Several of the insert sets also look like they were made by Dynamite and not Breygent.

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

Nothing that I have seen from this set really excited me and the above sketches have done nothing to change that.

Although all fine sketches we have come to expect a great deal more and as a result this set simply does not live up to the billing.

Sorry

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Sketch were done before me I just packaged and finished printing set

Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
Here's my Project Superpowers break (so far). There are 15 boxes to the case and I have opened 11. Each box has a base set (of 72), 2 chrome cards (of 9), 2 chrome puzzle cards (of 9) and 5 Fighting Yank War Journal (of 18), and either 2 sketch cards or 1 sketch card plus Alex Ross auto.

Here's the sketches:

4 x Gordon Purcell (250) and 2 x Colton Worley (388)

2 x Clint Hilinski and 1 x Mark Pennington 3 x Jay Liesten (500)

Ken Haeser (159), John Watson (160), Adam Archer (50)
Dan Borgonos (52), Lau maybe (135), Adam Cleveland (92)

2 x Trev Murphy (110) and Alex Ross auto

There was another Pennington sketch which had been folded in half in the packing process (the card wasn't fully in the box so was folded when the top was closed).

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
I bought some more of these. This is the best of a 2 case break.

Case 1:
Adam Archer (50), Mel Jay San Juan x2 (52)
Jonathan Lau x3 (135)

Also Molinelli (100), Hauser x2 (159), Watson (160), Rubi (203), Pennington x2 (204), Worley x5 (388), Leisten x8 (500).
Autos: AR1 x3 and AR2

Case 2:
John Czop x2 (50), Eman Casallos (52)
Cleveland (101), Watson x2 (160)

Also Archer (50), Molinelli (100), Hauser x2 (159), Rubi x4 (203), Pennington x3 (204), Purcell x4 (250), Worley x2 (388), Leisten x4 (500).
Autos: AR1 x2 and AR2

Of the high volume artists, I think Leisten was somewhat inconsistent but several are good sketches and Purcell also had some good ones.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post