Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Avengers Assemble (Upper Deck, 2012)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Avengers Assemble (Upper Deck, 2012)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted
Here are the results of my case:

Ultimate Marvel UM-23 Avengers Vol 1 Issue 1 43/84

Vision by Randy Martinez and Magneto by Jason Keith Phillips

Cap & Shell Head by Mike Duron and Falcon by ?

Daken by remy Mokhtar and Spider-Woman by Rhi Owens

Hawkeye by Chris Foreman and Cap by Kimberly Dunaway

Antman by ? and Hulk by a different ?

Iron Man by Joe Hogan and Thor by ???

Tigra by Lawrence Reynolds

Plus a ton of costume cards which can be viewed in this photobucket:
http://s249.photobucket.com/al...227/igman7/AVENGERS/

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
I got word that the Falcon is by comic artist Sanford Greene.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
that Thor sketch is stunning. How many boxes in a case? It looks to me that UD have increased the hit rate from other movie set but I'm not sure.

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tangent:
that Thor sketch is stunning. How many boxes in a case? It looks to me that UD have increased the hit rate from other movie set but I'm not sure.

I think it's 12 boxes per case and yes it's definitely a higher hit rate than the last few sets as it's (I think) 1 sketch per box and 2 autos or panels per case then throw in all those printing plates and memorabilia cards and that sounds like a pretty decent hit rate.

Posts: 121 | Location: London | Registered: July 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
12 boxes, 2 6 box inner cases. In a box you can expect:

1 sketch
1 single or dual relic
1 triple/quad relic or a plate

Autos 1 per 6 box inner case and the panels are probably every 2-3 full cases.

posted Hide Post
Did someone know the official list of who sign in this set? Is every single main star of the movie sign?

Posts: 90 | Location: california | Registered: June 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chris Hemsworth,
Jeremy Renner,
Cobie Smulders,
Colm Feore(on unreleased Thor card),
Kat Dennings(on unreleased Thor card),
Jaime Alexander(on unreleased Thor card),
Bruno Ricci(on unreleased Captain America card
Idris Elba (on unreleased Thor card)

The ScarJo Autograph mockup on the sales sheet was NEVER a possibility. UD just put that on there to sell cases.

Posts: 131 | Location: USA | Registered: June 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Although not a "box break", I picked up 9 packs from a just opened gravity feed dispenser from Target this morning. To say I was underwhelmed is an understatement.

The ONLY chase cards were stickers. Just base cards & stickers. Looked on the wrapper for stated odds or details of what else could be found in packs: nothing mentioned anywhere. They do, however state that packs with costume cards contain less base cards.

No mention of odds on said costume cards.

BEWARE OF RETAIL PACKS!

Oh, and no mention anywhere on the wrapper that it even IS a retail pack.

Stickers? Really??

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
While not having the other low chase in retail does kind of stink, since when is having ANY retail exclusive chase set bad?

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
While not having the other low chase in retail does kind of stink, since when is having ANY retail exclusive chase set bad?

In this economy, I expect more bang for my buck (or rather, $1.99).

This is a major tent-pole franchise for Marvel, you would think UD would pull out all the stops for a set like this. Retail stickers? No costume odds? I guess this is just "business as usual" for Upper Deck. Unfortunate.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Retail stickers

Can we see some pictures of the stickers front/back and how many in the retail version?

Thanks!

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:
quote:
Retail stickers

Can we see some pictures of the stickers front/back and how many in the retail version?

Thanks!

Of course:

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Oh, and I have NO idea how many stickers there are total. I believe I got 1 per pack, if I remember correctly.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Thanks mintoncard,

There are 30 stickers in this set.

Is it state if stickers on the back?
Thanks,
Stephane

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Not sure I understand your question.

There is no mention of stickers on the wrappers (if that's what you're asking).

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I think he means if the stickers are marked to say they're stickers.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Then is the wrapper have the same look and feel with the Hobby?

mintoncard I would like to collect the set if you have any cards too Smile

Don't beleive I will find them here in Canada

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
An update, my Thor sketch is by Adriana Merlo Metal

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Arvin Sloane
posted Hide Post
These were solicited as a 6 box case, at least that's the info I was sent, so that's what I ordered. Don't think it would have mattered much as my dealer said he was only allocated 3 cases, so I took just one, especially considering UD's recent efforts.

Here are the sketch cards I pulled:

Case broke fine as far as sketches and memorabilia goes, pulled one plate, but no autograph and no comic panel. There's always someone who gets the shaft on breaks, so I guess this time around it was my turn. Shake Head

The inserts are your standard Concept cards, Cover cards, and Foils, which I guess they are still trying to claim are holograms. They're nice and there are a lot of them so making sets won't be easy.
The Memorabilia cards are rather dark looking. The background is dark and most of the pieces are dark as well. They could have given us more contrast with the background so that these pop.
Plate appears to be the usual UD fare and the sketches are solid.
I know some people have questioned the Thor and Captain America cards being included in this set, all I can say is better late than never.
Another massive base set, but at least the numbers on the back are easy to read. A number of images from previous movies and I'm sure this won't make some people happy.

Do you get value for your dollar? Despite not receiving an autograph or a panel I'd have to say yes. Three hits per box with one being a sketch isn't bad and I did end up with a two card sketch set so that offsets the miss on the other two items.

Posts: 2206 | Location: SD6 Headquarters | Registered: April 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
mintoncard can you provided a scan for the wrapper that have the stickers from Retail?