Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Avengers Assemble (Upper Deck, 2012)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Avengers Assemble (Upper Deck, 2012)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
No problemo!

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jason00 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Broke my three boxes of this awhile ago, but never really looked at it because I had an emergency right when I opened them. Now that I had time to sort them, I thought I would share something weird I noticed:

First, the weird thing:

I was super excited to find a puzzle sketch, but when I finally laid the pieces out, I found that I had pieces 1/4, 3/4, and 4/4, with an extra 3/4 as the fourth piece. Kind of bummed that I got 3/4 of a puzzle, but I don't really know if there is anything that can be done about it.

Besides that, the boxes were pretty typical. I really like my sketches- the Hulk one is pretty awesome, and I love Yellowjacket and Wasp so I was over the moon to get a gorgeous one of them. The costumes were good also!

Box #1 had the puzzle sketch and these two beauties:

Box #2

Box #3

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
The puzzle sketches are unusual. It appears the artist took 4 cards and glued some original Avengers comics pages to them, and then drew the Avengers Quinjet over them, and he made at least two different 4 card sets.

It's very likely someone else pulled the other 4 card set and has the same problem you would have, that is, you have the 4th card that would complete their puzzle while they have the 4th card that would complete your puzzle.

It seems if you could find that other person, a trade could be easily worked out since you both would benefit by completing your puzzles. But that'll be the trick, since these cards are already scattered to the four corners of the earth, and some of the holders of them don't necessarily run in our same circles online.

I'd watch that popular auction site in case the other person lists their set of sketch cards as is, or perhaps singly even, so you can arrange the trade before they sell the cards. And finally, I'd post to the images to the Scoundrel Arts Forum if you haven't already as there are a lot of sketch collectors who frequent that site, and you might get a hit that way.

Good luck!

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
first off thanks to Steve Angel for getting me to split a case with him- loved it so much that I want to open his 6 boxes too :P

I haven't finished sorting the base cards yet but it appears that I'll be able to make 4 full 176 card sets with about 1/3rd of a 5th set- collation is really terrific so good on UD for that. For those who don't know in addition to cards from the Avengers movie there are also cards from Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Captain America, Thor, and the Incredible Hulk. I also was able to complete the 9 card concept art insert set with some dupes, the 30 card comic covers insert set with some dupes and I got 54 of the 60 "Evolve" insert set with some dupes so collation on the inserts was also quite good.

Of course everyone wants to see the real meat of the product so here is what I was able to pull:

really love these cards and would like to try to go for the set so if anyone has any available please email me.

3 nice printing plate 1/1's

I need help identifying characters and/or artists in these- I thought over all the quality of these sketches was really good. From left to right on the toip row I don't know the character but the artist is Elvin Hernandez, Thor by Durden?, Thor by ?. In the 2nd row is that supposed to be Black Widow or maybe Maria Hill by Charles Holbert, Captain America laying frozen with Wasp and the artist says "After Jack Elliot 2012", and the bottom one I don't know the character or the artist. Here's a black and white scan of the Captain America one- my scanner had a hard time picking it up:

Finally I was stoked to pull this auto:

So all in all I really had a great time with this stuff, I'm going to make the sketches and plates available and hold onto the other stuff. Thanks for the read, Dave

Posts: 79 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
The Elvin Hernandez is Wonder Man

Black & White Thor is by Marat Michaels (I think that's his last name but I probably spelled it wrong)

Holbert is of the Wasp
Tall guy is Giant-Man

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
FYI, the cover set is 36 cards, not 30.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks I meant to say that I got all 36.

Posts: 79 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Broke 6 more single (not a sealed mini case) boxes of Upper Deck Avengers Assemble today and they were terrific fun- wish that I could find more of this stuff but the price that D and A is charging for them is just too high to justify now. Here are the main pulls:

Memorabilia:

The Hawkeye single is a very cool piece and to get the ScarJo dual was really nice even though it is a spare for me- it will make good trade or sell bait Smile

I needed one of the triples and the quad for my set so that was awesome to knock those off the list!

Printing Plates:

Original comic panel from Avengers #1 Smile

serial numbered 59/84

Autograph:

if I couldn't get Thor himself this was the one I wanted next....would have also been happy with Dennings or Smulders.

Sketches: (please help with characters/artists/corrections)

Giant Man by George Deep

Hulk by Wes Huffor

Giant Man by Eugene Commodore

? by ?

Stingray by Frankie B. Washington likely part of a puzzle

Captain America by Adriana Melo

4 sketch puzzle of The Lethal Legion by Frankie B. Washington- my first ever puzzle sketch pull Smile

here is what I still need for costumes- I am willing to buy or to trade:

AS7 Fury

AD2 Hammer/Stark incoming blowout deal
AD6 Black Widow/Fury
AD14 Fury/Coulson
AD24 Hawkeye/Cap
AD25 Hawkeye/Loki incoming ebay

AT5 Cap/Rogers/Cap
AT6 Cap/Thor/Banner incoming blowout deal

AQ2 Cap/Thor/Stark/Hawkeye
AQ3 Hawkeye/Fury/Stark/Romanov

have lots of stuff to trade ready to go.

thanks for the look!

Dave

Picture of fan_fic_fan
posted Hide Post
I have AQ3 to trade.

Posts: 13 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: September 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
I just picked these up today:

AS-11

AQ-3

Dr. Doom by Optic Nerve

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Here are the results of a 1 box break (I bought these from my buddy who busted the box...but they were still from a box break Wink).

AT-3

Manta by Charles Hall

and....

AS-7 SSSSSSSP!