Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Van Helsing (Comic Images)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Van Helsing (Comic Images)
 Login/Join

NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted
Well, got my box - they are pretty cards and, though I'm not a huge fan of Redemption cards, these are particularly nice. Each one is customized for the autograph redeemed.

Without further ado :

I got 3 Foils and 1 Wolfman Autograph Redemption Card.

Finshed sorting base cards - got 3 sets.

No Monsterpiece or Jackman for me - but that's typical luck for me. Still, I liked it alot but refused to look at the backs - this is one movie I want to see and not have ruined by the cards..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Over_Worked_Mom,

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DoctorChristmasJones
posted Hide Post
Did you get an extra base set for trading? Wink

Posts: 2272 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
I have not yet collated the base sets, but I would assume that I would, yes Smile Got a list?

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
so depending on the auto inside, the chase cards are based around that? thats a cool idea.

Posts: 1616 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Neil,
I'm sorry if I wasn't clear (often I'm not) It's the Redemption Card that is catered for the autographs. Inkworks uses One Redemption card for all the different autos in a series and punches a hole out for the one you're going to get.

Comic Images has made separate cards for each autograph redemption - ie, the Wolfman is on the front of mine, which would be different from the Dracula one, etc.

Hope this clears it up Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Neil
posted Hide Post
ah get it now Big Grin

still a box of cards with chase cards centered around an auto of character still sounds cool Big Grin

Posts: 1616 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Cardz_house
posted Hide Post
i guess the odds of getting the autos or costume cards will then be either 1 in a box.

a pity as i was hoping for odds that they had for the 24 tv series cards.

Posts: 1451 | Location: Singapore | Registered: January 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Over_Worked_Mom:
Neil,
I'm sorry if I wasn't clear (often I'm not) It's the Redemption Card that is catered for the autographs. Inkworks uses One Redemption card for all the different autos in a series and punches a hole out for the one you're going to get.

Comic Images has made separate cards for each autograph redemption - ie, the Wolfman is on the front of mine, which would be different from the Dracula one, etc.

Hope this clears it up Smile

Hope it's not our Wolfie Big Grin

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
Bought a cheap box this weekend

Foils Dracula, Wolfman and Frankinsteins monster.

Auto Richard Roxburgh (redemption)
Monster piecework (redemption)

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
3 base sets
3 Foil cards C1-C3
1 Auto redemption card (Hugh Jackman)

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sketch
posted Hide Post
Heyyyy Congrats Raj. Very nice pull Smile

Posts: 192 | Location: Germany | Registered: March 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Now the question is, can I actually redeem the redemption card?

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sketch
posted Hide Post
I would say ask the customerservice first before you send the redemption in.

It is better to go the safe way.

Posts: 192 | Location: Germany | Registered: March 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Isabelle
posted Hide Post
My box breakdown:

-Monsterpiece redemption card

Three base sets.

Posts: 18 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: March 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
My box breakdown is as follows:

1 Auto Redemption Card - Hugh Jackman
3 Foil Monster Chase Cards:
C1 Van Helsing
C2 Dracula
C3 Frankenstein

3 Base sets
32 extra base cards

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by miket999:

Eek

Congrats on that auto card! Nice to know Card Talkers have pulled some of the good stuff Smile

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tialessa:
quote:
Originally posted by miket999:

Eek

Congrats on that auto card! Nice to know Card Talkers have pulled some of the good stuff Smile

Thanks. It definately made my day!

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
Received my redemptions back yesterday.

Richard Roxburgh Auto.
States on the back that it is a genuine auto and not reproduced by mechanical means. 1st time I have seen a claim on a card like this.

MP3 Monsterpiece card Dracula's cape from ballroom scene. Golden Brown with gold embroidery.

Overall v nice

posted Hide Post
Bought cheap box today £20 at NEC fair
3 x Basic sets
3 Foil Monster Chase Cards:
C1 Van Helsing
C2 Dracula
C3 Frankenstein
Autograph redemption cards
- Will Kemp
_ Richard Roxburgh
Both autos in same packet which was the first one i opened!!

Posts: 16 | Location: Tamworth, UK | Registered: December 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Looks like you got a good box chiana Smile

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post