Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Archie March of Dimes Sketch Cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Archie March of Dimes Sketch Cards
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
I hope this goes here. They aren't sold in boxes....

Packs #'s 514, 515, 516.

Don't know who the top two artists are (maybe JJ Harrison is the first one?), but I love the Kathleen Webb sketch! Big Grin

EDIT: Terry Tibke is the artist on the color Betty. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ted Dastick Jr.,

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Great looking cards, not bad for a character that was created in my city. Metal

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Andrew H.
posted Hide Post
Got mine!

That would be the current artist of Betty & Veronica. Big Grin

http://www.whodidthewhatnow.com

Posts: 66 | Location: Lodi, NY | Registered: June 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
So how does one acquire these cards? The Josie and the Pussycats is a MUST in my book Smile

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Andrew H.
posted Hide Post
You can find packs on eBay (1 pack = 1 sketch card, unless it's a 'special pack') for around $20. Or! You can go to: http://5finity.blogspot.com to learn more and buy one direct.

Posts: 66 | Location: Lodi, NY | Registered: June 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
I just spotted these on Ebay. They look great.

Here is a scan of a the wrapper:

Here is a blurb about these:

5Finity along with the March of Dimes are pleased to announce the first officially licensed Archie Comics trading card since 1996 and the first ever Archie Comics sketch card series! This is a sketch card set where the majority of packs will contain a single sketch card. There are no basic/base cards being printed for this release. These cards are sold in factory sealed packs with each pack containing one hand drawn sketch card. Look for special autographed sketch cards, hot packs containing more than one sketch card and redemption cards for original Archie Comics artwork. The cards are printed with full approval of both the March of Dimes and Archie Comic Publications. Look for sketch cards by Archie artists such as Stan Goldberg, Dan Parent and Jeff Shultz, as well as non-Archie artists like Al Rio, Billy Tan, Guy Davis, and Dean Yeagle. Also look for exclusive Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles chase sketch cards done by Mirage Studios artists. Many of these sketch cards will be fully colored! A portion of the sale of these cards goes to the March of Dimes.

You should see the list of contributing artists. Amazing....

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
While there are some very nice looking cards in the set, it is strictly for the collectors. If you take a look, 95% of the auction listings have gone unsold.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Andrew H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
While there are some very nice looking cards in the set, it is strictly for the collectors. If you take a look, 95% of the auction listings have gone unsold.

For collectors and for those of us who are happy to support a new company AND the March of Dimes. Big Grin

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of rubadub001
posted Hide Post
Not sure what is meant by, "only for collector" since aren't we all collectors?

I think this release is now officially sold out. I picked up a bunch of packs and busted about 1/3 of what I bought and pulled some AMESOME sketches by some fan-favourite artists including Katie Cook, Jeremy Treece, Peter Laird (TMNT), plus the current Archie artist - Jeff Schultz.

It's a great cause and the sketches are top notch! I would really question how the '95%' figure was statistically calculated. Like any sketch release, there are some great sketches and some that aren't so desirable - but I think the overall quality is right up there with the best of them.

I'm tempted to open more packs - but trying to hold out! hehehe...

Check out my Trade List Apr 16.09: http://nonsportupdate.infopop....&r=37010938#37010938

Posts: 654 | Location: Toronto, ON, Canada | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rubadub001:
Not sure what is meant by, "only for collector" since aren't we all collectors?

Actually...no, we are not ALL collectors (although I do have a growing collection of sketchbooks). While there are some very nice pieces done for this set (just like every other), there were (at the time of my original post) not many buyers out there who would be willing to spend much on them. It is a great set for those who collect the charachters but there is no reason for dealers to rip it.

BTW, just a guestimate on the 95% figure.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well thankfully I did get some on ebay so I got 6 packs numbered 2184 through 2189

I do like the Adam DeKraker Jughead and the Adriana Vargas Valerie and the Bill Galvan Veronica... oh all right all of these are great

This message has been edited. Last edited by: dis68,

Posts: 1855 | Location: Urmston, United Kingdom | Registered: August 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post