Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Thunderbirds The Movie (Cards Inc)
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thunderbirds The Movie (Cards Inc)
 Login/Join

Picture of gimli
posted Hide Post
Bought a case at The NEC today and ended upwith 30 inserts in the 12 boxes

8 sketches plus 4 redemptions
7 autos plus 5 redemptions
6 costume redemption cards

so 6 boxes had 1 auto and sketch and 6 boxes had an auto, sketch and Costume.

still 5 autos short of a full set and 1 costume
and no Czop sketch

Posts: 447 | Location: uk | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

No way I could post individual box breakdowns for all the boxes but the below is a summary of the high end chase pulled from 20 cases (240 boxes)

Autograph Cards - 240
Sketch Cards - 232
Costume Cards - 115

We don't collate the base sets in house so I have no idea on the collation of these yet. Although I think it is hard to make sets from single boxes, possibly a way of getting the base sets to hold value and not get dumped on eBay for 99p Big Grin

I will be putting together a sketch card gallery including all the variations we have found in due course (when we have redeemed all the skethes)!

Posts: 1085 | Location: UK | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Roz
posted Hide Post
Awww Gimli, you've nabbed the info I was about to post!

Hmmm... I suppose since you actually BOUGHT the case you can get away with it!

But seriously, I am horrified that these boxes are not sealed in any way, and with the pattern of inserts we observed with Gimil's case this afternoon I would NEVER buy it from someone I didn't trust, mh002a6228, I dislike pointing fingers but either the person you bought this box from was untrustworthy and had taken the 4 most likely packs to have insert cards in them out, or you have my sort of luck at box contents Shake Head

Posts: 431 | Location: Cambridge, UK | Registered: January 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mh002a6228
posted Hide Post
Roz i understand what your saying, but the person i bough this box from i trust 100%. I have gotten many things from him and i have got no complaints about anything!!

I just got a unlucky box, it could of happened to anyone!

Posts: 36 | Location: UK | Registered: July 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Boldlygone
posted Hide Post
In my three boxes I did have an auto (or redemption) in each. 1 box had a sletch. I could not see any simularity between boxes regarding the position of the Autos. In each case the magic pack was in a different position. So I don't see how a 'cherry picker' will know which packs to lift.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If faced with a difficult choice/decision, Remember this - WWKD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Never give up - NEVER surrender

Posts: 4214 | Location: Flitwick, Bedfordshire, England | Registered: July 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Roz
posted Hide Post
Then it's option B!

You have my luck in cards!

Ahh well - we must be lucky in love then!

Posts: 431 | Location: Cambridge, UK | Registered: January 13, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mh002a6228
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ahh well - we must be lucky in love then!

Indeed Smile

Posts: 36 | Location: UK | Registered: July 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
Bought one box at the NEC today!

4 Pretty in Pink cards
2 Thunderbirds to the rescue
1 Autograph- Ron Cook as Parker Smile
1 Sketch card redemption - Warren Martinek Big Grin
1 Costume Redemption- Brains Checked Shirt Big GrinBig Grin

Not bad for a £30 box Thumb Up

Anyone know if the cards are being sent out yet?

Also, is it possible to tell which sketch card you will get of Martineck's? eg Ink or Colour?

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gimli
posted Hide Post
right I have sorted my case base sets and insert cards

I got 21 base sets

and NO chases sets

so in all the boxes I got even numbers of the pink subset and odd numbered cards of the other sub set I have to say that is very bad No chase sets in a whole case. Very poor and not one box contained a full set although I did end up with 21 sets with all the boxes. I would have had more but I was lacking No 60 and 62 cards and had way too many 61 and 63 so if anyone has had problems like me and want to trade drop us a line

Posts: 447 | Location: uk | Registered: November 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mh002a6228
posted Hide Post
gimli You got mail!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of john the hat
posted Hide Post
HEY GIMLI
SARAH & ME GOT ALL ODD CARDS p IN p
AND A MIX OF TB 2 THE RESCUE

Posts: 1115 | Location: England | Registered: March 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
I just finished sorting out a set from my box and am very dissapointed with base card collation.

I am still missing 27 cards to complete one set Shake Head

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Well we have been saying that base sets are too numerous, so that's not so bad - but no chase sets out of a case is VERY BAD. I would contact Cards Inc over that.

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
I would contact Cards Inc over that.

Cards Inc are aware of the problem... Big Grin

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of xSaBx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olly:
Although I think it is hard to make sets from single boxes, possibly a way of getting the base sets to hold value and not get dumped on eBay for 99p Big Grin

It was actually pretty hard to make base sets from the original series, there were 6 or so cards that were short-printed... Big Grin

Crunchy on the Outside,
Smooth on the Inside:
Armadillos!

REMEMBER: Take out the 'removemefirst' from my e-mail address to reply...

Posts: 5362 | Location: The South East, United Kingdom | Registered: June 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I don't like short prints of base cards Mad

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mh002a6228
posted Hide Post
Got another box this morning &

Basic Set - 0 (3 Cards Short) managed to make one set with the help of my other box!

Autograph Cards - 1
Sketch Cards - 0 Frown
Costume Cards - 1

If anyone needs any basic cards to complete a set, e-mail me the numbers as i have loads spare

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Andrew David
posted Hide Post
Well Cards inc have got the autograph shipping on this set down pat. I sent the redemption card off on Monday morning and got it back yesterday, pretty impressive. Nice card too.

Still waiting for the Brains check shirt costume card.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Andrew David,

Posts: 1719 | Location: Derby, UK | Registered: December 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Costume cards aren't ready yet.
Won't be for 2 weeks or so Thumb Up

Posts: 1085 | Location: UK | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
The Hoods nicked em. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post