Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars Force Awakens 2 (Topps, 2016)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars Force Awakens 2 (Topps, 2016)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted
Surprised no one has posted yet.
Found three hanger packs at Wally World.

Pack 1
12 base
1 blue parallel
1 green parallel
1 concept art
1 sticker

Pack 2
11 base
1 blue
1 green
1 concept
1 sticker
1 Heroes of Resistance

Pack 3
4 base
1 Power of First Order
1 green
1 Maz Castle
1 sticker
1 medallion card (1:300+) Clap

Autos, sketches, and parallel versions are available at very high odds (1:3000+)

Overall C+/C
Pros: blue color scheme, medallion cards, improved Heroes & Power chase
Cons: parallel & chase overkill, numbering hard to see.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: xtime,

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I've bought several Hobby and Retail packs. Also got two rack packs from Target. No hits so far, got a gold parallel which is numbered.
The card numbers are dark on a dark background, so hard to see, and xtime is right - too many parallels!
Still, images are good, and it completes the movie set, so I'll keep working on these. Has anyone seen blaster boxes of these?

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
I've bought several Hobby and Retail packs. Also got two rack packs from Target. No hits so far, got a gold parallel which is numbered.
The card numbers are dark on a dark background, so hard to see, and xtime is right - too many parallels!
Still, images are good, and it completes the movie set, so I'll keep working on these. Has anyone seen blaster boxes of these?

Blasters exist. I have them in stock currently. Have not seen any at retail though.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:

Haha! This is absolutely true, and pretty insane that Topps went that route given that the average card collector these days is 40 years old with varying degrees of failing eyesight. I think the real value of these sets as sold on the secondary market is that someone else sat under a bright light with a magnifying glass to sort them out. Big Grin

If Topps is listening:
Please use at least slightly larger numbers (preferably white) on a darker background. Your customers will thank you and not develop such deep crow's feet around the eyes when sorting.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I opened three hobby boxes and I got the correct number of inserts. My 2 hits per box were
Medallion cards:
Stromtrooper regular
Finn regular
Finn gold 66/100
Autographs:
Greg Grunberg as Snap Wexley
Brian Vernal as Bala-Tik
And
Triple Autograph 1/3 1 in 46,132 packs
Carrie Fisher as Leia Organa
John Boyega as Finn
Peter Mayhew as Chewbacca
Clap Metal Elephant Bouncey Dance
Needless to say I was floored, easily the biggest card I have pulled from a box.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rich65,

Posts: 193 | Location: Ca | Registered: June 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of tangent
posted Hide Post
quote:

John Boyega as Finn

Needless to say I was floored, easily the biggest card I have pulled from a box.

Congratulations, that's fabulous. I can see you are appropriately excited Smile

Posts: 1574 | Location: temp UK, usually Australia | Registered: July 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rich65:

John Boyega as Finn
[IMG]http://forum.blu-ray.com
/picture.php?albumid=3158&pictureid=27292[/IMG]

That's fantastic, well done. Clap

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rich65:

John Boyega as Finn

Awesome pull. Thumb Up

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Pulled a Galactic Connections card last night...1:40. Odd, but different. I would consider trading it for the triple auto if you add something else in to make it even. Razz Twak

Also, noticed they upgraded the Power of First Order and Heroes of Resistance chase cards. Both are now on glossy paper with silver lettering. A nice improvement. Thumb Up

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Congrats, Rich! It's always a thrill when these monster cards end up in the hands of fellow board members. If it couldn't be me, I'm glad it was you, haha...

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xtime:
Pulled a Galactic Connections card last night...1:40. Odd, but different.

The character on it will matter, of course, but that's a $50+ card, not too shabby. Earlier this week, someone sold one of those featuring Kylo Ren in a small lot with 3 regular Ren-centric cards for only $6 via Buy-it-now. Oops!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
The GC features Poe Dameron in x-wing flight suit with a sparkle background.
Cool

posted Hide Post
Did anyone get a full base set out a single bix of this?

Posts: 22 | Location: Cyprus | Registered: March 17, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I don't think you can. The regular silver foil base cards you get from a given box are all different, but there aren't enough of them to make a set of 100 due to the wealth of base foil parallels and other inserts. One pack in most of the boxes doesn't even have any base cards, instead holding a medallion card and a couple of regular inserts.

I got a case of this and it made 10 base sets with the 11th set missing a few cards and about 80 random dupes besides that. There were 2 green sets (24 green per box) with about 80 towards a third set, 1 blue set (12 blue per box) with 40 towards a second set, and a partial set of 70 purple cards with no leftovers. Holofoils are 2 per box, so it'd take a little over 4 cases (and perfect collation) to make that set. Golds are almost one card per box, but not quite. Most cases will have 10 or 11 of them, so you'd need about 10 cases (and perfect collation), to make that set, numbered to 100. Counting the 1of1 Platinums, there are 7 different versions of the base cards. Excessive by most standards, but if you could land one of those platinums, it would make for a pretty spectacular "rainbow" collection.

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info I am thinking of buying two hobby boxes and wondered how much of a duplicate I would have left

Posts: 22 | Location: Cyprus | Registered: March 17, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Could you make a set of 100 different cards with all the parallels from a box?

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Probably.
You would only be a few short from the regular silver set, and then on average, you'd get 24 green, 12 blue, 6 purple, 2 holofoil, and one gold, so out of those 45 cards, there's a pretty good chance you'd find the missing numbers among them from the regular silver set.

posted Hide Post
Out of my 3 boxes I made 2 complete silver sets and a third silver set missing 4 cards with only 1 spare card so my collation was good.

Posts: 193 | Location: Ca | Registered: June 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Keep your eyes open or the holofoil parallels might slip past you. LOL Eek

Picture of <<<<ALDO_NOVA>>>>
posted Hide Post
Box One

Stickers

Power of the First Order

Heroes of the Resistance

2,5,6,7,9x2,11,12,14,15,16.

Maz's Castle

Character Poster Card

Concept Art

Green Foil

3x2,10x2,26x2,34x2,40,48x2,53,61,67x2,82x2,84,86,91x2,92,97,98.

Blue Foil

Purple Foil

Posts: 217 | Location: Where you can't find me!!!!!! | Registered: August 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post