Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Batman & Robin (Skybox)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Batman & Robin (Skybox)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted
Opened 1 box

Storyboard cards: full sets of series 1,4 and 5 of the 6 from series 3 and 4 of the 6 from series 2.
Celluliod Action Card C-6

Also got 2 cards on which people had scribbled - Arnie and George. From the one box.

Posts: 3252 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
Picture of Over_Worked_Mom
posted Hide Post
ooooo - very nice Smile

Clap

Posts: 4053 | Location: Lansdale, PA | Registered: January 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of RupT
posted Hide Post
FAB pull.... let me know where you bought the box from Big Grin I want 5!!!

www.darthtailor.co.uk

Remove the "_NO_SPAM" before emailing me Smile

Posts: 4234 | Location: London, UK | Registered: September 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
I'd happily tell you but I've already got the good box. Anyway, how many retailer's own sites have auctions?

Posts: 3252 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of phoenix
posted Hide Post
Thats a great box. Well done.

I also saw that auction and was tempted to bid. I wish i had now.

Posts: 109 | Location: UK | Registered: July 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Buffy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Also got 2 cards on which people had scribbled - Arnie and George. From the one box

OK, I'm jealous!!!!

Congrats with some really great cards!!!

Posts: 313 | Location: Norway | Registered: April 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
What a great box!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raj:
Opened 1 box

Storyboard cards: full sets of series 1,4 and 5 of the 6 from series 3 and 4 of the 6 from series 2.
Celluliod Action Card C-6

Also got _2_ cards on which people had scribbled - Arnie and George. From the one box.

WOW. what bizarro world am I living in?
Congratulations Raj, on a probably once in a lifetime pull!!

Posts: 3214 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's an amazing box, especially since I think the autos were something like 1 per case. I was actually thinking about trying my luck on a box just for the infinitesimal chance at getting the Uma auto.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
No fair! Raj gets all the good boxes!

Way to go!

Posts: 5777 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Excellant...now I'm glad I let you open my box,now please kindly send me my autos on their way.And as a goodwill gesture,you may keep the remaining cards Big Grin.

Way to go Raj Thumb Up

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10450 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The ratio to get an autograph card was supposedly 1 in 10 boxes, but to get 2 in one box....... Ok, that's blindingly Good :-)
Damn this guy is smooth lol

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought another cheap box this weekend and was lucky enough to pull a Uma Thurman auto (first one of her I have seen). It is in red ink which looks really cool as the card is mainly red and green.

Posts: 258 | Location: San Diego, CA, USA | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tialessa
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T42:
Bought another cheap box this weekend and was lucky enough to pull a Uma Thurman auto (first one of her I have seen). It is in red ink which looks really cool as the card is mainly red and green.

Congrats - I think that's the auto Incarnadine has been hunting for months......

Posts: 5550 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And the Story continues lol
Nice one!!!!!! Nice pull man, bet that was well worth it Smile

KADRAN00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by T42:

Awesome pull. I wish I had that kind of luck, that's been at the top of my must have list for ages but can't find one. I might have to try your method and start buying cheap boxes soon.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Darth Vader Fan
posted Hide Post
Hello fellow collectors, this is my first post here Smile

How much normally does a box of Skybox Batman and Robin cost? I've been looking on ebay for some boxes but can't find anything.

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Opened a hobby box tonight,

(1:1) Pre-Production 36 (missing #5,7,10 for full set)
(1:3)Character Profiles 11 (missing #6 for fullset)
(1:6) Mini Posters full set + extra Ivy
(1:24) Celluloid Action 2 c4 Batgirl, c5 Bane
(1:10 boxes) no autograph Frown

Over all not a bad box. I haven't gone through the base cards yet but I'm sure I have a base set.

Posts: 1018 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of venom5liter
posted Hide Post
36-pack Hobby boxes:

Box 1:
====
2 Base sets
0 Autographs
1 Celluloid Action insert: C-4
13 Character Profile inserts: Set missing P5, extra P6,7
5 Mini-Poster inserts: Set missing Poison Ivy, extra Batman
35 Pre-Production Storyboard Art inserts: Set missing S3,4,19, extra S1,6,7,8(x2),10(x2),11,13,14,15,17,23,24

Box 2:
====
2 Base sets
0 Autographs
2 Celluloid Action inserts: C-2,4
12 Character Profile inserts: Set
6 Mini-Poster inserts: Set, extra Batgirl
36 Pre-Production Storyboard Art inserts: Set missing S19, extra S4,6,9(x2),12,13(x2),18,20,23,24(x3)

Box 3:
====
2 Base sets
0 Autographs
2 Celluloid Action inserts: C-2,6
12 Character Profile inserts: Set missing P9,10, extra P11,12
6 Mini-Poster inserts: Set, extra Batgirl
36 Pre-Production Storyboard Art inserts: Set, extra S1,6,8,10,11,12,16,17,18,21,22,23

Box 4:
====
2 Base sets
0 Autographs
2 Celluloid Action inserts: C-4,5
6 Mini-Poster inserts: Set, extra Poison Ivy
36 Pre-Production Storyboard Art inserts: Set missing S13, extra S2,4,5,7,8,9,10,12,17,19,22,23,24

Box 5:
====
2 Base sets
0 Autographs
1 Celluloid Action insert: C-3
6 Mini-Poster inserts: Set, extra Batman
36 Pre-Production Storyboard Art inserts: Set, extra S1,6,8,10,11,14,16,17,21,22,23(x2)

Would've loved to pull an auto, but I never seem to have any good luck. Frown

Trade List | Want List | NonSport Collection | Wrestling Collection | Facebook

Posts: 1857 | Location: Sugar Grove, IL, United States | Registered: October 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Venom, wow five boxes and no auto sorry to hear that man Frown I need a few of you extra Pre Production cards Venom.

I would love to pull the Uma auto Luv You

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Darth Vader Fan,