Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Doctor Who (Topps, 2015)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Doctor Who (Topps, 2015)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Below is my 4-box breakdown.

Printing Plates: 2 different Magenta plates
Tardis Patch Cards: 5 including two limited to 99
Costume Cards: 3 including the 10th doctor
Parallel Cards: 4 red, 13 blue, 6 purple
Memorable Moments: 3 sets + extras
Gadgets: 1 card short of a set, 4 dupes
Who is the Doctor: 7 cards short of a set, 5 dupes
Companions: 1 set, 13 dupes
Christmas Time: 1 set, 6 dupes
Base Set: 0, plenty of dupes

I did average 3 hits per box, but for me, that doesn't make up for not being able to put together a base set (missing 25-30 to finish my set).

If anyone wants to do some trading let me know.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Shame you didn't get any autographs. I'm not sure if I am going to buy this right away or wait until the price drops. I know that sooner or later it will be mine.

quote:
Originally posted by WandringRebel:
Below is my 4-box breakdown.

Printing Plates: 2 different Magenta plates
Tardis Patch Cards: 5 including two limited to 99
Costume Cards: 3 including the 10th doctor
Parallel Cards: 4 red, 13 blue, 6 purple
Memorable Moments: 3 sets + extras
Gadgets: 1 card short of a set, 4 dupes
Who is the Doctor: 7 cards short of a set, 5 dupes
Companions: 1 set, 13 dupes
Christmas Time: 1 set, 6 dupes
Base Set: 0, plenty of dupes

I did average 3 hits per box, but for me, that doesn't make up for not being able to put together a base set (missing 25-30 to finish my set).

If anyone wants to do some trading let me know.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Did you get your boxes from a trusted source? There are rumours on another forum of people weighing boxes to determine which ones have the autographs ( I know, I didn't believe this was possible but apparently it's quite common in sports card circles ) and then selling the rest at cost Shake Head .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Well we know it's a gamble and you can be lucky (or unlucky). I would think Laura got her boxes from a VERY reliable source. I have boxes coming from 2 reliable sources. Fingers crossed that I get some base cards to trade

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Did you get your boxes from a trusted source? There are rumours on another forum of people weighing boxes to determine which ones have the autographs ( I know, I didn't believe this was possible but apparently it's quite common in sports card circles ) and then selling the rest at cost Shake Head .

It's an old trick, usually done with packs, and it requires a product where the weight difference of the targeted card is significant enough to be measurable and not be effected by other types of cards throwing it off. I wouldn't put that much worry into it. It's not that easy to do on boxes and no reliable dealer would engage in it.

Always sorry to read of below average breaks.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yes, I got my boxes form a reliable source. Autographs are 1 in every 5 boxes, I wasn't expecting to get one.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Yes, I got my boxes form a reliable source. Autographs are 1 in every 5 boxes, I wasn't expecting to get one.

Don't think the odds are quite that bad. Most cases I have seen have had five autos out of the twelve boxes. I don't think even Topps would try to get away with one auto in five boxes.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Don't think the odds are quite that bad. Most cases I have seen have had five autos out of the twelve boxes. I don't think even Topps would try to get away with one auto in five boxes.

As Logan pointed out in the news thread, the standard autographs are 1:5.125 boxes, but if you take account of the parallel autograph cards as well, the odds should be closer to 1:2.26 boxes.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:
As Logan pointed out in the news thread, the standard autographs are 1:5.125 boxes, but if you take account of the parallel autograph cards as well, the odds should be closer to 1:2.26 boxes.

Quite right, but even if the odds are completely true to the case construction, you have to get the whole case. If you are buying less than a case, or buying from multiple sources, or buying at different times from the same or different sources, or buying from one source that is using multiple cases, the odds are thrown off. You can get an autograph in every box, or an autograph in none of the boxes. If it's not a guaranteed hit, it all becomes a matter of luck with better or worse odds, but still luck.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Master
posted Hide Post
Here is my 4 box pulls.

4 Tardis Patches
4th Doctor
9th Doctor
Barbara Wright
6th Doctor 11/25

1 Costume Relic
Sally Sparrow's Coat

2 Autographs
Struan Rodger - Face of Boe Voice
Colin Baker - 6th Doctor 1/25

1 Subset Printing Plate
Who is the Doctor? D-4 4th Doctor Magenta plate

I also pulled a Gold Parallel to the TARDIS Short Print #11 The Eleventh Doctor

http://twitter.com/MasterFreeza

Posts: 1233 | Location: Renegade City | Registered: April 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Just finished going though my box I ordered from Derek's Trading Cards.

No base set (99 short)
Christmas Time: 1,3,5,6
Memorable Moments: Full set of ten (dupes of 2&5)
Companions: 2,4,5,7,8,10
Gadgets: 2,4
Doctor: 1,7,11
Foils:
Red: Macra 13/50
Purple: The Family of Blood 18/99
Madame Vestra 05/99
Blue: War Doctor 012/199
Blon Fel Fotch 154/199
Peg Doll 103/199
Sea Devil 083/199
Sutekh 036/1997

Donna Noble Tardis Patch card
Gareth David Lloyd as Ianto Jones autograph card.Thumb Up

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Just got my one box in and very pleased.
I got
102 of 200 base cards no duplicates
Blue Parallel
64 Eldrad
72Haemovore
116 Zygon
136 Lance Bennett
Purple
28 Christina de souza 58/99
107 Sycorax 74/99
Red
147 Professor hobbes 36/50
175 Season 10 04/50
Memorable moments all 10 plus extras of mm6 and mm8
companions
c2,c3,c4,c5,c7,c8
Christmas time CT1, ct2, ct3, ct6
who is the doctor d2, d9, d10
Gadgets g5, g7

Tardis Shortfall parallel
#31 Captain Jack Harkness

and Tardis Patch of ACE
BLUE Parallel autograph of Gareth David-Lloyd as Ianto Jones 34/50 Dance

This message has been edited. Last edited by: barobehere,

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barobehere:
Just got my one box in and very pleased.
I got
103 of 200 base cards no duplicates
Blue Parallel
64 Eldrad
72Haemovore
116 Zygon
136 Lance Bennett
Purple
28 Christina de souza 58/99
107 Sycorax 74/99
Red
147 Professor hobbes 36/50
175 Season 10 04/50
Memorable moments all 10 plus extras of mm6 and mm8
companions
c2,c3,c4,c5,c7,c8
Christmas time CT1, ct2, ct3, ct6
who is the doctor d2, d9, d10
Gadgets g5, g7

and Tardis Patch of ACE
BLUE Parallel autograph of Gareth David-Lloyd as Ianto Jones 34/50 Dance

OOH! That's a great one!! Congratulations!

Posts: 465 | Location: Sarasota, FL, USA | Registered: June 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With the last two posters getting Gareth David-Lloyd autographs, I'm hoping there's one left out there for me whenever my boxes arrive. I'm getting anxious since I NEED a Ianto and a Captain Jack.

Posts: 465 | Location: Sarasota, FL, USA | Registered: June 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
You guys did great with the Gareth David-Lloyd autographs! Clap

That would be one of my top four wanted autos from the set, along with John Barrowman, David Tennant and Alex Kingston. Thumb Up

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Opened 2 boxes.
No full base set obviously.

Base parallels
8 of xxx/199
4 of xx/99
2 of xx/50

Tardis patches
Martha Jones 92/99
Barbara Wright 14/25

Autos
Gabriel Woolf (base)
Gabriel Woolf (42/50)

Christmas Time
9 cards (missing CT-3,CT-5, CT-9)

Companions
12 cards (missing C-4, c-8)

Gadgets
4 cards (missing all but G-1, G-3)

Memorable Moments
24 cards

Who is the Doctor
6 cards (missing D-3 to D-5, D-7, D-8, D-12)

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Just opened my first box

Really nice part base set and nice chase cards so no need (in my opinion) for the parallels!

Base Parallels
4 of xxx/199
2 of xx/99
1 of xx/50

Tardis shortfall card 37

Tardis Patch

Tenth Doctor

Auto!!!!!
Derek Jacobi as THE MASTER 15/25

Christmas Time

Companions

Gadgets

Memorable Moments

All 10 and 2 extra's - A BIT annoying that with so many chase sets you get more than a set of these but no other sets

Who is the Doctor?

Looks like I got the box that would have completed a lot of Raj's needs LOL!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: hammer,

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Looks like you've had a bit of Batman's luck rub off in the last week with that auto Thumb Up Big Grin

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Case Break:

Autos & Plates
Noel Clarke (#31/50), Simon Fisher-Becker, Frazer Hines
Paul McGann (#5/10), Neve McIntosh (#34/50)
Black Plate for Card 107, Cyan Plate for Card 64

Costumes
Rory Williams
Ood (x2)
Sally Sparrow (x2)

Patches
Parallels:
Clara Oswald (Red - #22/25)
Amy Pond (Purple - #51/99)
Seventh Doctor (Purple - #72/99)
Rose Tyler (Purple - #46/99)
Fourth Doctor (Purple - #25/99)

Regular:
Rose Tyler
Barbara Wright
Christine de Souza
Twelfth Doctor
Zoe
Eleventh Doctor
Tegan Jovanka

Inserts
Base Parallels:
Gold (#/1?) - pulled one (card #11), but it's unnumbered.
Red (#/50) - pulled 13
Purple (#/99) - pulled 26
Blue (#/199) - pulled 52

Memorable Moments - 14 complete sets, 4 extras
Companions - 7 complete sets, 3 extras
Christmas Time - 4 complete sets, 8 extras
Gadgets - 3 complete sets, 3 extras
Who is the Doctor? - 3 complete sets, 1 extra

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Lizzy:

Base Parallels:
Gold (#/1?) - pulled one (card #11), but it's unnumbered.

If it's got a Tardis on the front instead of the 'DW' logo, it will be a shortfall variant card.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post