Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    James Bond In Motion, Women of (Rittenhouse Archives)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

James Bond In Motion, Women of (Rittenhouse Archives)
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted
Wow this is a great looking set. My only complaint is that some of the card numbers are a bit difficult to make out between the font used and artifacts from the lenticular process.

My first box breakdown, with more to follow:

Full set +37 singles
Full set (6) of the Women of MI6 subset (1:3.3 packs)
Femmes Fatales FF1,2,4,7,9 (1:4 packs)
Bond Girls Are Forever BG1,7,12,19 (1:5 packs)
Jinx J1, 3, 7 (1:9 packs)
WA5: Gloria Hendry
WA14: Jane Seymour Drool Bouncey Clap Elephant Dance Drool

Honestly, that was the one auto I HAD to have in this set so I cannot complain at all.

All the insert ratios were spot on with no duplications.
Although the box comes to an end rather abruptly with only 20 packs, every pack does have some sort of insert card.

Also had to add that the case toppers are indeed a set of 3 (CT1, CT2, CT3) in the case, not 1 per case. These are also pretty nice, though I had to look real close at the Sean Connery card to tell where the motion was...

Overall a very nice set.

Ed

I am Scifi... Cards.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 5082 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
WA14 Jane Seymore:Honestly, that was the one auto I HAD to have in this set so I cannot complain at all.
Also had to add that the case toppers are indeed a set of 3 (CT1, CT2, CT3) in the case, not 1 per case. These are also pretty nice, though I had to look real close at the Sean Connery card to tell where the motion was...

That's my dream pull..A Jane Seymore
Also Double00Seven will be glad to know about the case cards.

"Aluminum Boy"
Tom
The Wright Stuff
Aim Id. TWthegreatest

Posts: 2099 | Location: none | Registered: September 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DOUBLEooSEVEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TWS:
quote:

That's my dream pull..A Jane Seymore
Also Double00Seven will be glad to know about the case cards.

Yeah , its good to hear that the case cards come as a set. Wink

'' Devoted Aluminum member '' who should probably be doing school work at this very moment.

Posts: 1230 | Location: Canada | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DOUBLEooSEVEN:
Yeah , its good to hear that the case cards come as a set. Wink
'' Devoted Aluminum member '' who should probably be doing school work at this very moment.

Thought you would be happy. Do you have a set coming?

"Aluminum Boy"
Tom
The Wright Stuff
Aim Id. TWthegreatest

Posts: 2099 | Location: none | Registered: September 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DOUBLEooSEVEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Thought you would be happy. Do you have a set coming?

No, I just seen a set on ebay, but it sold already. Ill have to pick up a set somewhere down the line. Im sure they'll be at a reasonable price. Thumb Up

Posts: 1230 | Location: Canada | Registered: October 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
quote:
No, I just seen a set on ebay, but it sold already. Ill have to pick up a set somewhere down the line. Im sure they'll be at a reasonable price. Thumb Up'' Devoted Aluminum member '' who should probably be doing school work at this very moment.

Let's trade! I should have a few extras...

"Aluminum Boy"
Tom
The Wright Stuff
Aim Id. TWthegreatest

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DOUBLEooSEVEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Let's trade! I should have a few extras...

Sounds good, ill just have to see what I get. Confused Should have some extras though. Thumb Up

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DOUBLEooSEVEN
posted Hide Post
Im getting a case for sure next time. Thumb Up

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Im getting a case for sure next time. Thumb Up

You Go D.A.M.

"Aluminum Boy"
Tom
The Wright Stuff
Aim Id. TWthegreatest

posted Hide Post
Just finished busting a case and I have to admit Rittenhouse closes the year with a BANG! The long wait was certainly worth it. I am not a big fan of motion cards and the base set has the usual problems associated with motion cards. I really don't want to spend time talking about those, but I do want to talk about the inserts, they are to die for!
The entry level insert set titled "The Women of MI6" features 6 cards and these are one of RA's nicest entry level sets ever.
The second level of inserts is titled "Femme Fatales" and there are 12 of these. The coloring combined with the photos look really awesome. The backs of these cards are just as attractive, featuring another outstanding photo of the lady pictured on the front.
The third insert level is titled "Bond Girls Are Forever." There are 20 different cards in this set and it is simply amazing that in this day and age of hightech cards the least wiz-bang insert set turns out to be the niceset (my opinion). Each card is done in a sephia tone and features a close-up of a Bond Girl on both the front and back of the card. The photos used for this insert set are some of the nicest I have ever seen before.
The fourth level of inserts are the "Jinx" cards. There are nine of these and they are really stunning. Halle is almost 3D and she jumps out at the viewer. Unfortunately there appears to be a flaw in the production process as all of my J2, J3, and J7 are damaged in the same fashion. The J2's all have a gouge mark in the upper right corner of the card. The J3's have a squiggly scratch in the middle right. The J7's all have a pock mark to the right of Halle's head. I am sure RA will replace any damaged cards if at all possible so I am not worried about this problem.
The final level of inserts are the autographs. I was fortunate enough to get all of the pack possible cards including the Barbara Bach limited!
I would have prefered a little less brown shilouette and more picture, but then RA gave the ladies a HUGE signing area and this works quite well.

Here are my totals from one case:
75 Women of MI6 cards 12 sets 3 extras
60 Femme Fatales 6 sets 6 extras
48 Bond Girls Are Forever cards 2 sets 8 extras
33 Jinx cards 3 sets 5 extras
24 autographs 1 set 13 extras

Here are my autographs:
2 x WA1 Jill St. John
2 x WA2 Maryam D'Abo
1 x WA3 Barbara Bach
3 x WA4 Karin Dor
1 x WA5 Gloria Hendry
2 x WA6 Zena Marshall
1 x WA7 Kristina Wayborn
2 x WA8 Eunice Gayson
2 x WA10 Maud Adams
2 x WA11 Britt Ekland
1 x WA12 Luciana Paluzzi
3 x WA13 Mie Hama
2 x WA14 Jane Seymour

Again an outstanding set and a must for any true Bond fan.

Posts: 147 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
Great job at your pulls and your post Ken. I have 7 cases at UPS right now that I'm picking up in a little while. Then the fun starts. Wish I didn't have a Holiday Party Tonight...Well maybe Jessica and Double00Seven can open my cards while I'm at it.... Wink

"Aluminum Boy"
Tom
The Wright Stuff
Aim Id. TWthegreatest

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DOUBLEooSEVEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Great job at your pulls and your post Ken. I have 7 cases at UPS right now that I'm picking up in a little while. Then the fun starts. Wish I didn't have a Holiday Party Tonight...Well maybe Jessica and Double00Seven can open my cards while I'm at it.... Wink

Tom , just send me over a case or two, and ill take care of it for you. Im happy to see that everyone is enjoying the set, I cant wait to get my hands on them. Wink

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Great Pulls Ken

Posts: 12159 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Barbara C
posted Hide Post
That was a nice report, Ken. You pulled all the autos you needed. Thumb Up

Posts: 3139 | Location: New Castle, DE USA | Registered: March 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
Okay after many hours I'm almost done busting my boxes of James Bond Women In Motion. I've done three cases so far with more to go. Here's what I've pulled..

******Case Number 1******

Autographs
2 x WA1 Jill St. John
2 x WA2 Maryam D'Abo
1 x WA3 Barbara Bach
4 x WA4 Karin Dor
0 x WA5 Gloria Hendry
1 x WA6 Zena Marshall
1 x WA7 Kristina Wayborn
3 x WA8 Eunice Gayson
1 x WA10 Maud Adams
3 x WA11 Britt Ekland
3 x WA12 Luciana Paluzzi
1 x WA13 Mie Hama
2 x WA14 Jane Seymour

Femme Fatales:
6 Sets & 6 Extras-1,2,4,6,7,8

Jinx:
3 Sets & 8 Extras-2,5,6,6,7,8,8,9

MI6:
12 Sets & 1 Extra-3

Bond Girls Are Forever:
1 Set & 28 Extras-1x3,3,4,5x2,6,7x3,8x2,10,12x3,14x3,15,16,17x2,18, 19x2,20

Checklists:

******Case Number 2******

Autographs
2 x WA1 Jill St. John
2 x WA2 Maryam D'Abo
0 x WA3 Barbara Bach
2 x WA4 Karin Dor
2 x WA5 Gloria Hendry
2 x WA6 Zena Marshall
2 x WA7 Kristina Wayborn
2 x WA8 Eunice Gayson
2 x WA10 Maud Adams
2 x WA11 Britt Ekland
2 x WA12 Luciana Paluzzi
2 x WA13 Mie Hama
2 x WA14 Jane Seymour

Femme Fatales:
5 Sets & 15 Extras-2x3,4x3,5,6x2,7x3,8,9x2

Jinx:
2 Sets & 15 Extras-1,2x2,3x2,4,5x3,7x2,8x2,9x2

MI6:
12 Sets & 3 Extra-1,4,5

Bond Girls Are Forever:
2 Set & 7 Extras-2,6,9,10,11,13,15,18

Checklists:

******Case Number 3******

Autographs
3 x WA1 Jill St. John
1 x WA2 Maryam D'Abo
2 x WA3 Barbara Bach
2 x WA4 Karin Dor
3 x WA5 Gloria Hendry
3 x WA6 Zena Marshall
2 x WA7 Kristina Wayborn
0 x WA8 Eunice Gayson
1 x WA10 Maud Adams
1 x WA11 Britt Ekland
2 x WA12 Luciana Paluzzi
1 x WA13 Mie Hama
3 x WA14 Jane Seymour

Femme Fatales:
5 Sets & 15 Extras-1x2,2x2,3x2,4,6x2,7,8x2

Jinx:
1 Set & 22 Extras-1x5,2,3x4,4x2,5x3,6x2,7x3,8x2

MI6:
12 Sets & 5 Extras-1,2,3,5,6

Bond Girls Are Forever:
1 Set & 28 Extras-2x4,3,4,5,6,8,9x4,10,11x4,13x4,15,16,17,18,19,20

Checklists:

"Aluminum Boy"
Tom
The Wright Stuff
Aim Id. TWthegreatest

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DOUBLEooSEVEN
posted Hide Post
Looks like you got your seymour, Tom, plus about 6 extra so far. There seems to be lots of seymours out there, which is good. Cant wait to see what you get in the next four cases. My dealers have emailed me stating that mine are on the way, so I should hopefully get them next week sometime. Wink Oh, how was the christmas party last night?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh, how was the christmas party last night?

It was great I think! Did I say open bar? Good food! Gifts! Open Bar! Lots of Ladies! Did I say open bar? I got home and still opened cards til 2am..

"Aluminum Boy"
Tom
The Wright Stuff
Aim Id. TWthegreatest

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DOUBLEooSEVEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

It was great I think! Did I say open bar? Good food! Gifts! Open Bar! Lots of Ladies! Did I say open bar? I got home and still opened cards til 2am..

A bar , ladies , and cards ( Bond cards at that), sounds like the perfect evening.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
quote:
A bar , ladies , and cards ( Bond cards at that), sounds like the perfect evening.

It was and I can't wait to get back to opening more cards!

"Aluminum Boy"
Tom
The Wright Stuff
Aim Id. TWthegreatest

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of DOUBLEooSEVEN
posted Hide Post
I have to go to work, Frown but hopefully you'll have your last four cases posted by the time I get home tonight. Wink