Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Star Wars The Force Awakens Chrome (Topps, 2016)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars The Force Awakens Chrome (Topps, 2016)
 Login/Join

Picture of RedFive
posted
Star Wars The Force Awakens Chrome, Topps, 2016

I found these at Target:

1 - 16 card box (cards are cello wrapped) contained:
12 base cards
2 base refractors
1 ships & vehicles
1 Heroes of the Resistance

6 retail packs contained:
6 base refractors (1 per pack)
4 Heroes of the Resistance
2 Ships & Vehicles
1 Behind the Scenes

Nice cards.

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Picked up a blaster box today at Target.

Box contained 10 packs & 1 numbered patch card.
(Blaster boxes come with one gaurenteed patch card.)

Each pack comes with a refractor.

The cards are ok, but I found some of the images on the cards to be a bit dark.

No major hits.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Grabbed another blaster box yesterday.

The patch card was a refractor numbered 120/199.

Nice. Smile

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
HOBBY box...

24 packs, 6 cards each

93/100 near base set
24 refractors 1:1
12 Heroes of Resistance 12/18 1:2
6 Behind Scenes 6/12 1:4
3 Ships & Vehicles 3/11 1:8
2 Power First Order 2/9 1:12
1 prism refractor #56/99
1 pulsar refractor #2/10
1 shimmer refractor medallion #15/25
0 sketch, relic or auto Confused

Overall grade D+/C-

Pros: Chrome, base refractor odds 1:1

Cons: I love Star Wars, but considering the COST per box this release falls short in big ways. Only ONE (so-called) hit per box guaranteed, and no complete base set per box. UGGH!!! Mad

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Picked up a blaster box...

9 packs, 1 patch card (Han Solo)
36 base
4 Heroes 4,7,9,13
3 BTS 2,4,9
1 Ship 7
1 Power 8
9 refractors

***ALERT*** ***ALERT****
Noticed the hobby base refractors are clear while the retail base refractors have a sparkle wavy lines pattern. What have you found?

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I have picked up 2 blaster boxes of this product recently, and they gave me the bulk of my base set. I have also bought several hobby packs. I did get a nice sketch of Finn by Tina Berardi from those.
I have not always been a big fan of Chrome cards, as mentioned above, some are very dark, but with all the spaceships, droids, armor and weapons, this series lends itself well to the chromium treatment.
As xTime mentioned the hobby and retail refractors are very different. The Hobby ones are nicer, they don't have the "lines" featured on the retail ones. Also, I noticed in both my blaster boxes, all the refractors I received also had the regular base card, usually in the same pack.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Millhouse here got 6 hobby boxes for christmas and here is what I pulled from my 6 boxes

Right the Lieutenant Mitaka is 16 out of 50 and The Supreme Leader Snoke is 25 out of 25

The Finn chase card is Shimmer Parallel and is 46 out of 50 and The C-3PO is a Pulsar Parallel and is 6 out of 10 and I also got 5 out of 99 Base parallel cards and 2 out of 50 base parallel cards. Not to bad for 6 boxes from a very happy Millhouse Elephant Elephant Elephant

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MILLHOUSE,

Posts: 757 | Location: london england | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post