Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Game of Thrones, Iron Anniversary (Rittenhouse, 2021)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Game of Thrones, Iron Anniversary (Rittenhouse, 2021)
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted
Got 2 boxes.

Base parallels
81 32/50 (Red)
7 122/199 (Copper)
25 096/199 (Copper)

Autograph
Richard Brake as Night King (Gold)
Paul Rattray and Iwan Rhoen as Harald Karstark and Ramsay Bolton (dual)
Amrita Acharia as Irri "She is a Khaleesi"
Kosef Alrin as Pypar "Winter is coming"

Relic
QC6 Tyrion Lannister "We have our differences, Jaime and I. He's braver. I'm better looking."

Inflexions Expansion set
197 Sansa, Queen in the north (Silver)
199 Jon rejoins Tormund and the Free Folk (Gold)

Battles
B11 Uprising at Daznak's Pit (season 6, episode 9)
B15 Battle of the bastards (season 6, epidode 9)

Laser
Not number LC as per the checklist
L39 Julian Glover as Grand Maester Pycelle
L43 Eugene Simon as Lancel Lannister

Expressions
E3 Kit Harington as Jon Snow
E29 Jack Gleeson as King Joffrey Baratheon

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raj,

Posts: 3251 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
So I got my 2 and I knew what I was getting into, but I must say, #6695 was the worst break I ever got out of any GoT box, at any price. Since RA hasn't put up images yet, I'm breaking the base down by 9 card characters for you. There are 11 characters in all here. Each box contained 40 regular base cards. I didn't have any duplicates in both, so I am 19 cards short of a regular base with the 2 boxes. So here goes . . .

Box #6695 (Absolutely Brutal)
Base - 4 Danys, 4 Tyrions, 3 Neds, 4 Melisandres, 3 Briennes, 3 Sams, 4 Jaimes, 4 Littlefingers, 4 Sansas, 4 Tormunds and 3 Jorahs. 1 gold base parallel 184.

2 InfleXion Expansions - 177 Gold
numbered 43/75 and 197 not numbered.
1 Laser Septa Unella L77.
1 Battles- B13
1 Metal Grey Worm Quote E27

2 Autographs: Ralph Ineson (GOLD) and Roger Ashton-Griffiths (Inscription) "Mace Tyrell"

Never mind the 2 common signatures, the Gold autograph can barely be seen on the card. You have to wiggle it in the light to even make it slightly appear. Total trash that should not have gone out. Ashton-Griffiths not only destroyed his formerly not bad autograph, he couldn't take the time to clearly print his character's name which looks like TIRELC. Just awful, I have to think this is the rock bottom box anyone can get with Iron 1.

Box #1716 (Probably average)
Base - 4 Danys, 4 Tyrions, 4 Neds, 3 Melisandres, 4 Briennes, 3 Sams, 3 Jaimes, 3 Littlefingers, 4 Sansas, 3 Tormunds and 4 Jorahs. 2 Base parallels.

1 InfleXions Expansion 151.
1 Metal Robb Stark Quote E33.
1 Laser L49 Benjen.
1 Battle B5.

2 Autographs, both Inscriptions:
Gemma Whelen "Theon's Sister"
Jamie Sives "IT WASN'T A FAIR FIGHT"

I could live with that box as I didn't expect much. The base cards are brighter because of the light grey borders, but no text. Base backs are a picture puzzle and most cards have no names on the front, just Game of Thrones. The chase sets are all familiar, metal cards still look nice. I will pick up my missing 19 base cards, as I need something to show for this. Better luck to you guys!

Posts: 10399 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
We did an experiment. It took 5 boxes to complete just one 99 card base set. There were 101 base cards left over that didn't finish any of the 9 card character runs, but had several duplicates for each one. A Jon Snow relic QC3 and an Alfie Allen inscription were the best hits found. No duals turned up and the majority of boxes had 2 Inscriptions together, but it was all mixed numbered boxes from the same case.

Posts: 10399 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
So I broke 9 boxes from a case and keeping a box back for a rainy day!!

Box 1: Kerr Logan, Harry Lloyd
Box 2: Fergus Leatham, Ania Bukstein
Box 3: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Brennock O'Connor
Box 4: Ben Crompton, Mark Addy
Box 5: Emun Elliott, Jerome Flynn/Elizabeth Cadwallader Dual, Daenarys Relic
Box 6: Ralph Ineson, Roger Ashton-Griffiths, Pink Print Plate #63
Box 7: Aimee Richardson, James Cosmo
Box 8: Josef Altin, Reece Noi, Jon Snow Relic
Box 9: Jamie Sives, Michael McElhatton Dual

I can't grumble really!!!

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
So I got my 2 and I knew what I was getting into, but I must say, #6695 was the worst break I ever got out of any GoT box, at any price. Since RA hasn't put up images yet, I'm breaking the base down by 9 card characters for you. There are 11 characters in all here. Each box contained 40 regular base cards. I didn't have any duplicates in both, so I am 19 cards short of a regular base with the 2 boxes. So here goes . . .

Box #6695 (Absolutely Brutal)
Base - 4 Danys, 4 Tyrions, 3 Neds, 4 Melisandres, 3 Briennes, 3 Sams, 4 Jaimes, 4 Littlefingers, 4 Sansas, 4 Tormunds and 3 Jorahs. 1 gold base parallel 184.

2 InfleXion Expansions - 177 Gold
numbered 43/75 and 197 not numbered.
1 Laser Septa Unella L77.
1 Battles- B13
1 Metal Grey Worm Quote E27

2 Autographs: Ralph Ineson (GOLD) and Roger Ashton-Griffiths (Inscription) "Mace Tyrell"

Never mind the 2 common signatures, the Gold autograph can barely be seen on the card. You have to wiggle it in the light to even make it slightly appear. Total trash that should not have gone out. Ashton-Griffiths not only destroyed his formerly not bad autograph, he couldn't take the time to clearly print his character's name which looks like TIRELC. Just awful, I have to think this is the rock bottom box anyone can get with Iron 1.

Box #1716 (Probably average)
Base - 4 Danys, 4 Tyrions, 4 Neds, 3 Melisandres, 4 Briennes, 3 Sams, 3 Jaimes, 3 Littlefingers, 4 Sansas, 3 Tormunds and 4 Jorahs. 2 Base parallels.

1 InfleXions Expansion 151.
1 Metal Robb Stark Quote E33.
1 Laser L49 Benjen.
1 Battle B5.

2 Autographs, both Inscriptions:
Gemma Whelen "Theon's Sister"
Jamie Sives "IT WASN'T A FAIR FIGHT"

I could live with that box as I didn't expect much. The base cards are brighter because of the light grey borders, but no text. Base backs are a picture puzzle and most cards have no names on the front, just Game of Thrones. The chase sets are all familiar, metal cards still look nice. I will pick up my missing 19 base cards, as I need something to show for this. Better luck to you guys!

Don’t know yet, but I may be able to just send you the base singles you’re missing for a set.

Posts: 3214 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jane:
Don’t know yet, but I may be able to just send you the base singles you’re missing for a set.

Thanks so much Jane, but I was able to pick them up. I couldn't let it stand after I hit the roof with the one box break and had nothing concrete with the next one. I do have a few unneeded doubles now also, so if you find you need something, post it here or the Iron thread and I'll be happy to check for you.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
Opened 1 more box

Bella Ramsey auto
Esme Bianco "redheads are best" auto

base parallels Copper 62 (163/199) Gold 39 (49/99)
laser cut L37 Harry Lloyd as Viserys Targaryen
Inflexions expansion 159
Battles B5 (season 3, episode 9)
Expressions E5 Sophie Turner as Sansa Stark

Posts: 3251 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
One final box

James Cosmo "The Old Bear" auto
Toby Sebastian "Game of Thrones" auto

base parallels Copper 42 (453/199) Gold 184 (73/99)
Laser cut L67 Anton Lesser as Qyburn
Inflexion expansion 151
Battles B7 (season 4, episode 5)
Expressions E25 Diana Rigg as Lady Olenna Tyrell

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raj,

Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
I opened three boxes last week.

Box 3521
40 base cards
1 copper parallel base card
1 gold parallel base card
1 Battles card B15
1 Laser card L53
1 Inflexions Expansion 199
1 Expressions E9
Blue border autograph Eugene Simon
Steven Cole inscription autograph "Dothraki are the best fighters"

Box 6282
40 base cards
1 gold parallel base card
1 Battles card B1
1 Laser card L85
1 Inflexions Expansion 195
1 Expressions E35
Josef Altin inscription autograph "Night Gathers..."
Dual autograph Mark Gatiss & Lena Headey Smile

Box 7415
40 base cards
1 red parallel base card
1 Battles card B9
1 Laser card L89
1 Inflexions Expansion 155
1 Expressions E19
Sara Dylan inscription autograph "Game of Thrones"
Conleth Hill inscription autograph "I serve the realm"

That was better on the autographs than it could have been. I am quite happy with the dual autograph and the Conleth Hill autograph. I did have a nasty break on the base cards. I have 60 doubles leaving me short 39 cards for a base set.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
You did well Curler, at least one good autograph in every box. Cole is a new signer with a nice inscription. The Headey dual will recoup most of the box cost and Hill is a limited one with a good inscription too.

With so many boxes produced here, getting a decent pair of autographs is tough.

posted Hide Post
Bought 3 boxes
Requisite number of base cards per box but missing around 2 of each 9 card but have around 4 dupes of each

Auto's +
Box 1
Sara Dylan "Game of Thrones"
Mark Addy "One army - One purpose"

Box 2
Joel Fry "Art of compromise"
Amrita Acharia and Roxanne Mckee Dual
Sketch card Charles Hall Bouncey
Scene with Joral in the sail boat

Box 3
Marc Rissman "House Strickland"
Harry Lloyd "Viseryz Targarian"

3 x Inflexion expansion all unnumbered 151, 169, 199
3 x Laser L45, 67, 81
3 X Battles B7, 15, 17
3 x Expressions E11, 19, 27

Parallel Base
Red 128 31/50
Gold 41 80/99
Copper:
3 136/199,
91 106/199,
164 051/199

All in all quite happy with the boxes

Posts: 357 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: July 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
Well, I bought another box.

Box 3521
40 base cards
1 Battles card B7
1 Laser card L83
1 Inflexions Expansion 151
1 Expressions E15
Valyrian autograph Simon Armstrong as Qhorin Halfhand (VL)
Kerry Ingram inscription autograph "Princess Shireen"
Relic Quote card QC6 Tyrion Lannister "We have our differences, Jaime and I. He's braver. I'm better looking."

34 of the 40 base cards were ones that I needed. I am only five cards shy of the base set now (59, 96, 146, 171, 183).

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post