Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Box Breakdowns    Witchblade: Disciples of the blade (DF)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Witchblade: Disciples of the blade (DF)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted
Picked up a nice cheap box with loads of other stuff:

Base Sets: 2
Chrome: C2, C3, C4
Auto's: A-2 Livesay, A-10 Francis Manapul
Sketch: Dan Parsons 33/500

Interesting that the A-10 card is supposed to be a binder exclusive and that both auto's were numbered 38/1000, most likely because they are packed in order.

The sketch card is fantastic, definately going to buy more of these!

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
Nice sull on the A-10. I'm not sure I've seen the Parsons sketch of 1000 though (only the 500 version).

The Binder card is different from the A-10. It is signed in siver rather than gold ink, pictures Sara all in black (jeans and Leather jacket) and is numbered BC-1. Hope that helps clear up the Manapul Mystery. Wink Big Grin

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Card Dude
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info on that auto card Smile

Here is a scan of the sketch card I got:

http://img33.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=img33&image=sketch.jpg

Posts: 1117 | Location: UK | Registered: December 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
Nice Sketch. I mis-read. I see the sketch is of 500 like mine. Interesting though- it is the same image as mine, but is a mirror image (mine faces left, #61/500).

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
SmileHere's a link to my sketches and the Binder Card. Sorry if it's a little fuzzy, I took it at a lower resolution.
Witchblade DOTB

Chris

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of spidergoblin
posted Hide Post
Very nice sketches to the both of you Thumb Up.

"nuff said"

"it traps,it kills,it eats....that's what a good spider does"
Alice Cooper

Posts: 10449 | Location: Lubbock,TX | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here is the box breakdown for Disciples of the Witchblade

Chrome cards are 1 in 12 packs... supposed to be 3 in a box
Autograph cards are 1 in 20 packs.... supposed to be 2 in a box
Scetch cards are 1 per box although there are suggestions that some boxes have 2

in some boxes you do get more than or less than the odds stated

There is an album for this card set which carries the Exclusive Francis Manapal Card, but then again you can get the album without the autograph card!!!!

KADRAN 00157

Posts: 3429 | Location: UK | Registered: November 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of make-mine-marvel
posted Hide Post
I opened about 6 or 7 boxes back in the day, and never beat the odds (but got cheated out of an auto once). Over all, very pleased.

@Sketchcards on Twitter

Posts: 1817 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: June 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of MiniMe
posted Hide Post
A query to all Card Talkers who opened the Df "Witchblade: Disciples of the Blade" boxes: Was there a Box Topper of the Inkworks Witchblade Season 1 set? There was supposed to have been a cross promotion of the 2 sets with the Box Toppers, as the 2 sets were supposed to have released around the same time. Hoxever, the DF set released in late Fall whereas the Inkworks set released in mid Spring. The Inkworks Witchblade set has both an Inkworks Box Topper and a DF box topper.

If the DF set did have an Inkworks Box Topper card, what was the image (yes, it'll be of Yancy Butler as Sara, but what pose and what other items on the card besides her?) and what's the card numbered as, if any. Thanks in advance to whomever replies.

@@@ ScottEvil Cool

Posts: 4072 | Location: 40.71° N, 74.01° W | Registered: September 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
It was a set of 4 Inkworks box topper promos. I have one that says 4 of 4 (looks like it was 2 up and 2 across)

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MiniMe:
If the DF set did have an Inkworks Box Topper card, what was the image (yes, it'll be of Yancy Butler as Sara, but what pose and what other items on the card besides her?) and what's the card numbered as, if any. Thanks in advance to whomever replies.

The Dynamic Forces product DID have an Inkworks promo. Numbered DFP-1, it looks something like this:

They are a bit hard to find, since that was not the most popular set around and they came out after the Inkworks set.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post